SELECT CONTENT

Weather - Discussion

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Weather - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 23, 2022 7:23 pm

@Sprite omg that's horrible you got caught right in it. Some people got weather alerts but literally no time to do anything that's how fast it came.

@Norcalgal there have been sporadic tornados in Ontario but not very common. It seems the last 10 years ago it's seems more often. Even in my little city of 19000 people a couple of years ago we had a tornado. No where near the damage this last one caused. It's a result of the Michigan tornado. I saw the weather pattern and it came straight across right to Ottawa.

Nearly half of Canada's population hit by derecho, why it was harmful
ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Track

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/nearly-half-of-canadas-population-hit-by-derecho-why-it-was-harmful

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 23, 2022 10:34 pm

@GuardianAngel @Norcalgal Yup, it used to be about 12 a year in Ontario, but for the last few years we have seen a large increase to over 40.

We knew that a storm was coming...rain, hail, thunder, lightning. They said it would be a big storm, but not like this. I had checked the weather network and they were predicting the rain would start about 2 pm so I thought I had time. I was driving with the radio on and no warnings came on. Only on my way back did they issue a warning, but by that time they were issuing that it was heading for Brampton, Hamilton, Halton and Toronto. I called my parents since Oakville is in the Halton area, telling them to stay home. A little late for me and my area. It must have picked up super quick, because there was barely a cloud in the sky when I left. Next time I will stay home!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 24, 2022 5:06 pm

@GuardianAngel @Sprite Thank you for explaining all that. Climate change is real when you face those threats - just like us with wildfires.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm

There's a vid in the link that shows the damage in Puerto Rico. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 3552228123

Atlantic Canada watching Fiona as it strengthens into Category 4 hurricane off Caribbean
Storm expected to affect the region Friday and Saturday, bringing heavy rains and strong winds

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 FIONA-TUES.jpg?crop=1

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Fiona-s-path-according-to-environment-canada-s-canadian-hurricane-centre

Hundreds of thousands of people in Puerto Rico are still without power two days after Hurricane Fiona swept through the island, which is still recovering from another devastating hurricane five years ago, prompting the White House to declare a federal emergency on the U.S. territory.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/atlantic-canada-keeping-an-eye-on-hurricane-fiona-1.6589449

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:47 pm

It's heartbreaking seeing the images out of Florida after Hurricane Ian. Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel Island, Captiva, Naples, and surrounding area has a very special place in my heart for over 30 years.

South Carolina is next. Stay safe and out of harms way. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 3552228123

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:52 am

Prayers for everyone here who lives in FLA and in the path of the hurricane. Just heart-breaking. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 3552228123

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 1f49c

ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 8367-910 ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 I_got_13 ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 E5kqdm15 ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:42 pm

I hope everyone evacuates and stays safe. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 3552228123

Hopefully the people in the Bahama's are safe. ONstorm - Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 3552228123

Hurricane Nicole forces hundreds to flee homes in Bahamas, heads toward Florida
Nicole was expected to reach Florida on Wednesday night and unleash a storm surge that could further erode many beaches hit by Hurricane Ian in September before heading into Georgia and the Carolinas later Thursday and Friday. It was expected to dump heavy rain across the region.

Nicole's centre was located 170 kilometres east of West Palm Beach, Fla., on Wednesday night, the Miami-based National Hurricane Center said. It had maximum sustained winds of 120 km/h and was moving west at 19 km/h.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/tropical-storm-nicole-bahamas-florida-1.6645560

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:18 am

:nervous

https://twitter.com/weather_buffalo/status/1605241592662691841

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:34 am

@GuardianAngel I am planning on driving from London to Oakville on the 24th. I hope it doesn't mess up my plans.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:46 am

@Sprite Xmas Eve is our big traditional fish night. We haven't had it the past two years due to COVID. I was so looking forward to this. My son is suppose to come Toronto to Niagara on Xmas Eve. I hope this doesn't screw it up for all of us!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:19 pm

It's on our weather alert here in Montreal as well although it will be a mix of rain, freezing rain and snow with apparently very strong wind and temperature plunging down making all of the wet roads very icy. Not looking forward to it. We had 37 cm of wonderful pristine white snow last week, I prefer that!
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:51 pm

We won't get anything like there but there's a wind chill (and potentially damaging winds) watch here in the Dallas area starting on Thursday. We're babysitting for our 2 yr old granddaughter and were hoping to take her to the cute downtown where we live and have lunch after getting photos outside. At least it's not supposed to be a long freeze like a couple of years ago. Stay warm and safe everyone!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Weather - Discussion