SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Bobette wrote: The pink dress IG pic was probably shot pre-season but IMO the promo would have been filmed after, and to me she looks happy.

@Bobette  bestbud! IA that the pink dress IG was shot pre-season. I thought you meant that we knew (media, bts shots like with Matt or Sophie etc) that the shots and promo was filmed after the finale aired so was wondering if we had some bts pics or something for that.

To me she looks happy in both the promo and pics (excited she got the gig and excited she found someone). I expect her to be very happy post-filming  :yes:

I am not sure what that all means for longevity as it's way too soon to know just yet. But, you know me, I'm currently 100% with my early season predictions when I use the stats of every other year lasting or not lasting since that's how it has worked so far for both Bette and Bach AU seasons since I realized and posted about that pattern (which indicates this season it won't last but Angie could definitely break that pattern - fingers crossed!). 
I am hopeful it will work out long term and that she and her pick/F1 are super happy. Now just to sleuth who that is  :detective  cheerleader
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I am not sure what that all means for longevity as it's way too soon to know just yet. But, you know me, I'm currently 100% with my early season predictions when I use the stats of every other year lasting or not lasting since that's how it has worked so far for both Bette and Bach AU seasons since I realized and posted about that pattern (which indicates this season it won't last but Angie could definitely break that pattern - fingers crossed!). 

TBH I think the pattern of only one AU show (Bach or Bette) producing a long-lasting couple per year is pure coincidence and it just happens to have worked out that way for the few seasons we've had.

Other than casting someone they think will be a good match for the Lead, success/longevity is not something TPTB can control and IMO they wouldn't deliberately plan to have one show fail each year.  

Based on probability, the chances of a freak pattern continuing would be low, so IMO if anything, Angie may have a better chance at success.  Plus there's no guarantee Matt and *F1* will last. TWT.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 am

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I am not sure what that all means for longevity as it's way too soon to know just yet. But, you know me, I'm currently 100% with my early season predictions when I use the stats of every other year lasting or not lasting since that's how it has worked so far for both Bette and Bach AU seasons since I realized and posted about that pattern (which indicates this season it won't last but Angie could definitely break that pattern - fingers crossed!). 

TBH I think the pattern of only one AU show (Bach or Bette) producing a long-lasting couple per year is pure coincidence and it just happens to have worked out that way for the few seasons we've had.

Other than casting someone they think will be a good match for the Lead, success/longevity is not something TPTB can control and IMO they wouldn't deliberately plan to have one show fail each year.  

Based on probability, the chances of a freak pattern continuing would be low, so IMO if anything, Angie may have a better chance at success.  Plus there's no guarantee Matt and *F1* will last. TWT.

The pattern's worked out that way for every single season for both Bach and Bette AU. Literally it's currently 100% the pattern. I never said it wasn't coincidence or that it's planned? I am not sure where that assumption is being made that I am implying that the pattern is planned by TPTB and controlled by them wanting a failure? I just stated a fact that it's the current pattern and that I've had fun just randomly going with that stat/pattern pre-season. IDK, I just think it's a fun thing to do pre-season and not that deep for me. No hidden agenda or conspiracy theory here. I like patterns, they're fun. But, I don't pretend it's planned by TPTB and never have nor do I believe it will continue (statistically it's highly improbable). Just that, for now, I am going to go with that stat again this year like I did last year and have zero problems with the pattern not holding. Now, if it does  :stirthepot Jk! (if only the lottery could be that predictable laugh out loud )
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Everything You Need to Know About Australia's New Bachelorette, Angie Kent

Angie Kent may already be a very familiar face to us TV fanatics, but we are about to see a whole new side of her when she takes the reins as this year's Bachelorette. Having made a name for herself through her hilarious and biting takes on shows that included the likes of The Bachelorette, it's almost time for Angie to make her on-screen transition from commentator to leading lady. As much as most of us at least recognise Angie, there is certainly no harm in getting to know her a little better before she makes her Bachie debut.

So, without further ado, here is everything you need to know about our new Bachelorette, Angie:

She Has Been a Regular Fixture on Our Screens For Years
Australia was first introduced to Angie back when Gogglebox Australia premiered in February 2015. Teaming up with her best friend and then-housemate Yvie Jones, Angie provided many a LOL through her witty takes on the latest and greatest in TV. After almost four years on the show, it was announced in late 2018 that the pair would be leaving the series. As much as many were disappointed to see the dynamic duo depart, they returned to TV just a couple of months later when they both appeared on I'm a Celebrity. . . Get Me Out of Here. Proving a hit with the audience, Angie was ultimately eliminated just shy of the finale in fifth place.

She Is More Than a Little Obsessed With Dogs
It's been clear ever since she first graced our screens that dogs hold a huge place in Angie's heart. Having been a regular foster doggo foster carer, a plethora of pooches could often be spotted in Angie and Yvie's home while they recorded episodes of Gogglebox. Since then, she has continued to promote dog adoption and animal rights causes through her social media profiles. The first preview of this year's lineup of men revealed that one suitor brings a puppy along with him to meet Angie, and we can only imagine that this contestant firmly cemented himself in her good books.

She Has a Background in Producing and Marketing
Although she has only been appearing in front of the screen for a few years now, Angie has been a part of the entertainment industry for a decade. After completing a Bachelor of Creative Industries, she began working as a production assistant. Having also held roles in marketing and events, it seems safe to say Angie would have learnt a thing or two about how to sell herself. It's also a fair assumption that she may be the most clued in of all the Bachie leads to the tricks and tactics producers employ while filming.

She Relocated to the Gold Coast Shortly Before Filming Began
Having grown up in the Sunshine Coast, Angie made the move over to Brisbane for university. After graduating, she once again relocated to Sydney, where she remained for 10 years. At the end of last year, Angie decided to return to the Sunshine Coast due to her desire to be closer to family and friends. Given what a priority being surrounded by loved ones seems to be for Angie, at least for now, it will be interesting to see whether the question of if she'd move for love comes up on The Bachelorette.

She's Said She's Never Been in Love Before
In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Angie revealed she has never been in love. Not only that, but she has not had a boyfriend since she was 21, meaning she has been single for the last eight years. She explained that she didn't feel she had experienced real love yet given her young age at the time of her previous relationships. Angie's decision to remain single for close to a decade seems to indicate her interest in waiting until she was truly ready to enter into another relationship. We're willing to predict that the fact Angie has focused on herself for so long will mean she will take the process of The Bachelorette as seriously as it needs to be successful.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:46 pm

My prediction is she won't find a man she'll marry, but they'll be together for a while (won't be a Honey Badger situation and nor will they be broken up by the time the show stops airing). Ultimately one or the other of them won't want to move or something like that and it will just fizzle out. But it won't be a negative experience and I think her personality and her media training will mean it's going to be a great season. I loved Sophie's season because it was just great TV because of both Sophie herself and her contestants too, I barely think of the romance part at all.  That Sophie and Stu didn't work out (most obvious ending to that relationship ever) hardly matters.

I think it will be the same here, Angie is a fantastic TV personality.  Going through comments from people on Facebook lots of people are looking forward to her season including people who have checked out of Matt's.

And hey, if it DOES work out that she finds her permanent partner, that's a great bonus.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 pm

leavers wrote:My prediction is she won't find a man she'll marry, but they'll be together for a while (won't be a Honey Badger situation and nor will they be broken up by the time the show stops airing). Ultimately one or the other of them won't want to move or something like that and it will just fizzle out. But it won't be a negative experience and I think her personality and her media training will mean it's going to be a great season. I loved Sophie's season because it was just great TV because of both Sophie herself and her contestants too, I barely think of the romance part at all.  That Sophie and Stu didn't work out (most obvious ending to that relationship ever) hardly matters.

I think it will be the same here, Angie is a fantastic TV personality.  Going through comments from people on Facebook lots of people are looking forward to her season including people who have checked out of Matt's.

And hey, if it DOES work out that she finds her permanent partner, that's a great bonus.

I agree @leavers especially the bold.  I think Angie is seasoned/self aware enough not to be pinning all her hopes on this but she'll give it a red hot go IMO and I'm really looking forward to her wit.  

I didn't realise she'd moved back to QLD till they released the promo - considering Sportsbet are tipping a NSW winner I could also see distance being an issue unless he's willing to move up north.

So I'm pumped for Angie's season and also for BiP 3.  I didn't warm to any of Nick's girls but am fond of several of Matt's and will be mentally shipping them with Angie's rejects all season.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 pm

leavers wrote:My prediction is she won't find a man she'll marry, but they'll be together for a while (won't be a Honey Badger situation and nor will they be broken up by the time the show stops airing). Ultimately one or the other of them won't want to move or something like that and it will just fizzle out.

That's what I posted when she was announced and I think will happen for any celeb lead that they choose (in this case, on TV and known to Australia before being cast as Bette). So the pattern of it not lasting for Angie just from stats is there but also TPTB choosing a celeb/known lead plays into that -- so in this case, yes, TPTB do have some control over who they pick as lead and when it's a celeb (they purposefully said they chose Matt because he was not known like Honey Badger was and Sophie was--both known/celeb leads). Same with the types of contestants they choose. 

Unlike Sophie, I think Angie has a better chance at lasting with her F1 than Sophie had. I think Sophie was acting the entire time on her season and Stu was part of that plan and TPTB were in on it too. They just wanted ratings at that point imo and Sophie wanted to reignite her career so both were fine with no lasting relationship and thus the contestants on Sophie's season weren't cast for BIP, with Stu the intruder as the planned-will-break-up when the 3 month contract is up.

For Angie, I actually do think she wants to find someone unlike Sophie or Honey Badger. Now whether she does or not I think will also depend on the men TPTB cast. If there are legit contenders cast by TPTB for Angie and a true match and Angie picks an original contestant, then there's a chance I think of her breaking the pattern. If there aren't, then I think TPTB planned it according and Angie will play her role like Sophie did.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:06 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
leavers wrote:My prediction is she won't find a man she'll marry, but they'll be together for a while (won't be a Honey Badger situation and nor will they be broken up by the time the show stops airing). Ultimately one or the other of them won't want to move or something like that and it will just fizzle out.

That's what I posted when she was announced and I think will happen for any celeb lead that they choose (in this case, on TV and known to Australia before being cast as Bette). So the pattern of it not lasting for Angie just from stats is there but also TPTB choosing a celeb/known lead plays into that -- so in this case, yes, TPTB do have some control over who they pick as lead and when it's a celeb (they purposefully said they chose Matt because he was not known like Honey Badger was and Sophie was--both known/celeb leads). Same with the types of contestants they choose. 

[i]Unlike Sophie, I think Angie has a better chance at lasting with her F1 than Sophie had. I think Sophie was acting the entire time on her season and Stu was part of that plan and TPTB were in on it too. They just wanted ratings at that point imo and Sophie wanted to reignite her career so both were fine with no lasting relationship and thus the contestants on Sophie's season weren't cast for BIP, with Stu the intruder as the planned-will-break-up when the 3 month contract is up.

For Angie, I actually do think she wants to find someone unlike Sophie
or Honey Badger[/i]. Now whether she does or not I think will also depend on the men TPTB cast. If there are legit contenders cast by TPTB for Angie and a true match and Angie picks an original contestant, then there's a chance I think of her breaking the pattern. If there aren't, then I think TPTB planned it according and Angie will play her role like Sophie did.

To the bold, I am a newbie watching the Australian show and have watched most of her season... which I knew nothing about her beforehand. She seemed sincere and put off with some contestant who didn’t take this seriously, I feels to me, like she wanted to give it a go, and find ‘ someone ‘ ...Did she really need the extra attention to her career and wes it beneficial after it, despite the falling off with Stu???  
And I have a question regarding contracts. Is the length of 3 month’s standard for leads there? It’s MUCH LESS. than was has been generally reported for the US. franchise, which is a year or even 2 in some cases... and TPTB are still having influence on many contestants ‘s decision when it comes to media appearances apparently...We have a fresh example with Tyler who has been shunned to do various podcast that are ‘ blacklisted’...
How is it in the Australian world...? Do the lead have.a longer term contract then the main contestants??? Are they restrained to appear on some media at all?
TYIA. :yes:
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Aside from sharing a sharp wit, Angie is nothing like Sophie IMO.  

Sophie became famous as a singer when she was very young, has been a celebrity most of her life and modelled for men's magazines so she was literally a pin up girl.  She could have had her pick of pretty much any man she wanted, so the chances of her finding a man on the show were always going to be slim, and it didn't help that her selection of men was lack lustre.

I do think she was genuine about wanting to find someone though, as evidenced by her longterm relationship since the show has ended with a non-celebrity she met on a plane, who didn't even know who she was. He is the same age as her and they are planning to get married and start a family.  That doesn't to me sound like someone who was only in it to re-start her career.

Meanwhile Angie has only been on two Australian-only TV shows, and one of them she is just filmed sitting on her couch.  She doesn't have the same Sex Bomb looks as Sophie and wouldn't have had her pick of the crop in the same way Sophie has.  She's approaching the show from a very different position, IMO.  She will be barely any more "famous" than the contestants.

For Angie IMO the obstacle to her finding something long lasting will be that she seems to be an over-thinker, and may find a reason to break it off, especially if there is distance involved and he's not willing/able to move (assuming he's not from QLD and Angie wants to stay there).  Either way I am optimistic and very much looking forward to Angie's season.

@Astrobach, yes there is a rumoured 3 month post-show "relationship contract" for Lead & F1.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Angie and Sophie are nothing alike as people, but like Sophie Angie is media trained and comfortable in front of a camera.  That's where they're comparable.  I think it will be interesting to see how Angie's season plays out in contrast to Sophie's. Actually technically Georgia was the same, correct? She was a journalist? Interesting that they seem to like that in a Bachelorette.

I don't think Sophie was only on the show for career reasons, and nor do I think she only chose Stu because it was a set-up.  I think Sophie was very genuinely looking for a relationship (as @Bobette says, she got into a serious relationship with a random guy very soon after) and this was a way to maybe do that, with the added bonus of making great TV.  It didn't work out with Stu but that doesn't mean there was no sincere motivation behind it.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 pm

@leavers Good Post I agree.  

Re: Georgia, I found her incredibly hard to read due to her newsreader facade.  It's part of the job that they have to retain some emotional distance or they'd fall apart when presenting confronting stories but this made her feel quite cold to me and her finale was brutal.  Even post-show she seems to be putting on a performance to cameras IMO and I still struggle to see her as genuine.

Angie coming from Gogglebox and I'm A Celebrity is a the complete opposite - you can't really get away with putting on a facade on either of those shows or you'd be quickly exposed IMO - and for that reason I find her much more genuine and relatable. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Georgia's the only Bette engaged to her final one. Proof is in the pudding for intentions and it's been known by contestants that the real relationship begins after filming ends. Whether Angie ends up lasting and engaged with her final one is yet to be seen. She has a book coming out and I think knows how to play to the cameras and sought out being the Bette. A lot of these leads are "genuine" about their intent but not in their followup. Relationships take work. Lots of it. I don't believe Sophie was ever going to be with someone long term regardless of her "intentions". As for Angie, regardless her book coming out like Honey Badgers that doesn't mean she's not genuine about finding someone but I am going to wait before I crown Angie as being more genuine and more so than a Bette who actually is engaged to her F1.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts