SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SFoster Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Since he's only "dating" his F1, he (they) can break up anytime. It's a much "looser" commitment than engagement. He can break up anytime even if engaged, but this way, it seems as if he deliberately picked the one "not into him" so if they breakup, everyone will say it was her and they will still love him to pieces. Opening another door for him to find true love on BiP again, etc... THis could also be why he was so into the gossip - he really did want to find out the One not there for an engagement in the end. He zeroed in on her.  He knew Caelynn was also one of the ones but Caelynn professed love publicly on tv so he would have had to propose to her, laugh out loud.  Chooosing Cassie was his way out of the whole thing. But still be viewed as romantic and the one who "stayed true".. Sorry none of this is romantic.  He's like a stalker at this point. Creepy.  All JMO.

I said it a while back, it was almost like Cassie was tricked into staying until the end. Who was the trickster?  It's all making more sense to me now.

I honestly don't think Cassie wanted to be B'ette. She's not really the type. But I do think she wanted more IG followers for future opportunities. At the same time, I think she was in rebound mode, maybe even trying to make her ex jealous. We'll have to see how they act tonight; but my guess is she felt she had no choice but to date Colton   she was backed into a corner.

Last edited by SFoster on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by blueblues Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Billysmom wrote:Was it just me or did Cassie's hair look a lot longer in that packing scene?
I don’t think so, and it is definitely her bedroom in Portugal. It might have been filmed after Colton showing up though, so that he could surprise her. Any b-roll filming at this stage would have made her aware that something was up.

When I went back to check I noticed her hair in the ITM (dressed in black). Surfer girl usually had a very casual hairstyle, even at rose ceremonies, but here It is more carefully styled and there may even be some extensions. So I’m thinking it was done much later, at a time where she had been styled by someone else, e.g. before the FRC (or this week for all we know).
IMO that whole scene was created for the cliffhanger.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Yep, they are already talking in reddit about how they went back later to film this whole make-up as if it happened right after. Colton also has his new haircut in the purple shirt.

Cassie was leaving, walked out the door last night. But she answers the door tonight. Shorter hair. Could have been weeks later. Wonder if Elan had already quit at that point, laugh out loud Wonder if that was why he was fed up? laugh out loud

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 pm

I just watched the last episode of YO today. I'm floored! I cannot even believe this! If anyone of you gets a chance to watch it, I would love your thoughts. I feel like Cassie lives in an alternate universe.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 pm

SFoster wrote:Yep, they are already talking in reddit about how they went back later to film this whole make-up as if it happened right after.  Colton also has his new haircut in the purple shirt.

Cassie was leaving, walked out the door last night. But she answers the door tonight. Shorter hair. Could have been weeks later.  Wonder if Elan had already quit at that point, laugh out loud  Wonder if that was why he was fed up?  laugh out loud
That’s a rather complicated theory for something that could be explained with a lick of hair gel IMO.
I’m also confused. Do they think Cassie’s hair is shorter in a scene we havn't seen yet?

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Sprite wrote:Sorry, but from what I remember, he started asking first and then everything snowballed. I have never seen a lead who encourage that behaviour like he did. My thinking was that he was following producer instructions like the good little puppet that I thought he would be.

As I said, I was unspoiled until last night. I just read this thread to get the gist of everything. I see a lot of love for Colton here...was it always like this? For me he was and still is the worst lead. His ending may have saved everything, but for me it does not excuse the torture that I had to endure watching the rest of this season. It dragged on and on and even this is being dragged out way too long. He was totally wishy washy throughout...I can't do this, I can't do that. I don't like this, I don't like that. The conversations for the most part seemed like him encouraging the "women" to tattle on one another and very little substance and frankly, no humour. And with him I always wonder just how much is his idea and how much is producer driven. Even his apparent chasing after Cassie. I think he was done, but then his producers suggest for him to go after her....think how romantic, the most dramatic final ever, everyone will love you. I know they are all manipulated to different degrees, but for me he just takes the cake. I'm sure he is an ok guy, but way too young and inexperienced to be the lead and still a major fail for me no It will be interesting to see how this works out in the real world.

Hi, Sprite! Good to hear from you.

I'll give you my point of view. I didn't like Colton going into this season, so I needed a lot of convincing. I liked how he was a terrific listener to the women and fully present for them when they were talking to him. He was wonderfully empathetic whether it was learning about Caelynn's sexual assault or Demi's mom being in jail. I liked that he gave all of the women a fair shot -- with other leads, I felt they were going through the motions, but with Colton, I felt that he genuinely wanted to get to know the women and what they each had to offer. And I got the sense that Colton has a lot of tolerance for the wide variety of people in life. I never felt that he was looking down or askance at any of the cast members even if they were very different from him.

I think that he could have done a much better job of shutting down the tattling, but that doesn't detract significantly from my overall good impression of him.

I saw a lot of positive qualities in the women who made it far into the process as well. I can see what he sees in Cassie. She was consistently one of the kindest women in the house. Tayshia was very caring to him even when he was breaking up with her. Other than wondering what the heck went wrong at the end, Hannah G. managed to steer clear of the drama and made a positive impression on me all season. Hannah B. was terrific. I loved Sydney and Elyse. I don't think I can recall a cast of so many likeable people (tattling aside.) And Colton brought many of the best ones through to the final weeks. This was the first season in a long time where I have zero concerns about who will be our next Bachelorette. It was an embarrassment of riches. And Colton attracted them and promoted them through his choices.

IMO he is a genuinely good guy and has been a breath of fresh air for the show.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Cassies hair ....its longer when its staight ... and it appears shorter when its curled ... Its a magic trick cantstopl

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Good post, amethyst...thanks for reminding me about some of the qualities I had forgotten.

I'm so wishy washy right now....my opinions on Colton and cassie seem to flip flop depending on which post I'm reading, laugh out loud.  I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know.....sigh.... Hmmm, wonder where I learned that phrase, laugh out loud

Amethyst wrote:
Sprite wrote:Sorry, but from what I remember, he started asking first and then everything snowballed. I have never seen a lead who encourage that behaviour like he did. My thinking was that he was following producer instructions like the good little puppet that I thought he would be.

As I said, I was unspoiled until last night. I just read this thread to get the gist of everything. I see a lot of love for Colton here...was it always like this? For me he was and still is the worst lead. His ending may have saved everything, but for me it does not excuse the torture that I had to endure watching the rest of this season. It dragged on and on and even this is being dragged out way too long. He was totally wishy washy throughout...I can't do this, I can't do that. I don't like this, I don't like that. The conversations for the most part seemed like him encouraging the "women" to tattle on one another and very little substance and frankly, no humour. And with him I always wonder just how much is his idea and how much is producer driven. Even his apparent chasing after Cassie. I think he was done, but then his producers suggest for him to go after her....think how romantic, the most dramatic final ever, everyone will love you. I know they are all manipulated to different degrees, but for me he just takes the cake. I'm sure he is an ok guy, but way too young and inexperienced to be the lead and still a major fail for me no It will be interesting to see how this works out in the real world.

Hi, Sprite! Good to hear from you.

I'll give you my point of view. I didn't like Colton going into this season, so I needed a lot of convincing. I liked how he was a terrific listener to the women and fully present for them when they were talking to him. He was wonderfully empathetic whether it was learning about Caelynn's sexual assault or Demi's mom being in jail. I liked that he gave all of the women a fair shot -- with other leads, I felt they were going through the motions, but with Colton, I felt that he genuinely wanted to get to know the women and what they each had to offer. And I got the sense that Colton has a lot of tolerance for the wide variety of people in life. I never felt that he was looking down or askance at any of the cast members even if they were very different from him.

I think that he could have done a much better job of shutting down the tattling, but that doesn't detract significantly from my overall good impression of him.

I saw a lot of positive qualities in the women who made it far into the process as well. I can see what he sees in Cassie. She was consistently one of the kindest women in the house. Tayshia was very caring to him even when he was breaking up with her. Other than wondering what the heck went wrong at the end, Hannah G. managed to steer clear of the drama and made a positive impression on me all season. Hannah B. was terrific. I loved Sydney and Elyse. I don't think I can recall a cast of so many likeable people (tattling aside.) And Colton brought many of the best ones through to the final weeks. This was the first season in a long time where I have zero concerns about who will be our next Bachelorette. It was an embarrassment of riches. And Colton attracted them and promoted them through his choices.

IMO he is a genuinely good guy and has been a breath of fresh air for the show.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:47 pm

The thing about conspiracy theories... that's all they are ... theories... based on nothing but a bunch of what if's IMO

there's no proof that anything different played out than what we're going to see tonight. On top of spoilers, sleuthers have figured it all out (sc's don't lie) even things that made a few spoilers wrong. SM tells us when his family was in Europe, etc. etc. etc. We'll get a few after the fact VO's as per usual... and maybe 1 or 2 PI's could have been filmed after but again, that happens every season... so no big whoop there either.

TPTB try to mess with leads and contestants every season, and I'm sure they manipulated Colton and his girls along the way... but when it came down to what really mattered, love and feelings, Colton bucked the system and went rogue. His season theme song can be "I Did It My Way" :yes:

Not everyone likes him... or Cassie.... or Taysha .... or the Hannah's....or the next lead... c'est la vie....it's way it goes every season.

I'm lovin this season.. might hate the next.. don't know... but my real life will go on as usual... bestbud!

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm

@northernviewer  I agree Basically Ockham's razor.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm

lleyki wrote:
that's why I have enjoyed this season he's not coming with a bunch of bs like the other leads...honest about his feeling.

Is that why he was telling Hannah G to trust him, how much she felt like home, asking her father for his permission to propose and then later saying to Cassie how he thought of her the whole time he was with the other women? A point Hannah nicely threw in his face last night? Seems like typical lead language and behavior to me.

I can relate with Colton, I don't settle for what I don't want either. It's a very romantic season probably the best we'll get. Hats off to Colton, you go boy.

The problem here is that those are his feelings but what about hers? See that's where myself and others see the creepy part. I'm perfectly fine with Colton not choosing women he wasn't into and letting them go. The point of the show is to only pick one after all.

My issue is that he's going after someone who has made her feelings about the situation clear and doesn't seem to be respecting that choice. I guess I see why some see it as romantic but for me, it's a little too "someone says they're not into you but if you persist enough, you can wear them down".

And yes, the show edits how they want and so maybe they chose not to show Cassie bawling her eyes out and still upset over leaving Colton and that would be a great disservice to him. Because her seeming nonchalance and complete acceptance with the choice and decision she made in walking away, makes his action look even sillier and more pathetic, IMHO.

Also disagree that the producers do not want a engagement at the end of this that is the whole premise of the show.

Agree to disagree. I'm not denying that the producers are glad when an engagement happens but at the end of the day, this is an entertainment reality show and IMHO, what they want are the water cooler moments. The social media trends and buzz and Monday Morning (or in their case Tuesday morning) quarterbacking about what happened. That's what has kept them on the air all these years.

If it was about the engagements, the show would long have been cancelled seeing how few couples actually stay together. So again for me, the producers were probably rubbing their hands in glee at this whole mess. Probably laughing their butts off and cheering Colton and his wall jump that they knew would be gold for the season. And seeing how much they promoted it all season and hyped it up, I'd say it was.

That's what the lead does, choose according to their feelings and the contestants knows what they signed up for, and they're not going to be chosen on their feelings.
As for Cassie I see things different. I saw a woman second guessing herself, one that couldn't let go (no matter what she said). I like to watch actions, she couldn't stop hugging, kissing him but most important just wouldn't go on and get in the car. I always say it ain't hard to leave when you don't care (it's hard to hurt them)but it's certainly hard to leave When you care. I'm with Colton, I believe she loves him too. In the words of Forrest Gump "I know love". JMO
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 pm

blueblues wrote:@northernviewer  I agree Basically Ockham's razor.

Yep .... and there's a few on SM that need a shave.. cantstopl

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Episode Mar 11th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+51
Aria
lleyki
Relalou
Sprite
limoncello