SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:19 pm

LeapofFaith wrote:Quick question have the bach introduced all the girls yet?  was Laura favourite to win before she was even introduced? i am confused laugh out loud

Posted in the media thread so can discuss further there. Laura was definitely been stated as the winner pre-season by the media. Odds favorite. And Matty J himself talking on the media trail that he had let slip the winners name and the media wrote that it was laura.

For odds this season, I don’t see how Chelsea is not F1 unless there’s an intruder winning somehow. I can’t see that happening and think the odds at 1.25 are super low. Laura didn’t even get that until the show was near the finale. Max losses don’t account for everything imo. It’s all the pieces together. Will see and keep sleuthing.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 pm

LeapofFaith wrote:Quick question have the bach introduced all the girls yet?  was Laura favourite to win before she was even introduced? i am confused laugh out loud

No they haven't, which is why I find it so suspicious Sportsbet are encouraging people to bet on Chelsea now, in the same way they encouraged people to bet on Luke during Sophie's season, before Stu came in.  They also started Chelsea at odds of 3.00, the same initial odds they gave Luke. I'm waiting to see what the odds and max bets are for all girls, when the full list is released.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes, if Chelsie is still the favourite once all the girls are listed I would call forks on her because we know that we're getting a result this year.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 pm

I remember when Stu/F1 had a max bet of $1130+. That was hilarious laugh out loud

I think that the odds show Chelsea as F1 currently. Unless there’s a crazy intruder twist and a Stu arrives with his crazy high max bets I’m sticking with Chelsea for F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Yes, if Chelsie is still the favourite once all the girls are listed I would call forks on her because we know that we're getting a result this year.

:yes: Osher was commenting to so many people on his IG that Matt has found love and has picked someone etc. Chelsea as the odds favorite supports this imo.

I really do think they’ll give the F1 on a silver platter this season. Especially after Honey Badger chose no one.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:50 pm

If Chelsea is F1, and Sportsbet deliberately leaked her name hoping new punters will open an account to bet on a "sure thing", and that they will re-invest (i.e. promptly lose) their winnings (as was implied upthread), then they are even bigger scumbags than I thought, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Bobette wrote:If Chelsea is F1, and Sportsbet deliberately leaked her name hoping new punters will open an account to bet on a "sure thing", and that they will re-invest (i.e. promptly lose) their winnings (as was implied upthread), then they are even bigger scumbags than I thought, IMO.
They’ve long proved they’re scumbags for sure so I’m going with that :/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:59 pm

A gambling organisation being scumbags? Who would of thunk it? laugh out loud

It definitely could work that way though, I think they make it tricky, but not impossible to pull your money out, but you'd have to think that if you were putting a chunk of cash down you wouldn't be lazy enough to not pull it out when you win?
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:06 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:A gambling organisation being scumbags? Who would of thunk it? laugh out loud

It definitely could work that way though, I think they make it tricky, but not impossible to pull your money out, but you'd have to think that if you were putting a chunk of cash down you wouldn't be lazy enough to not pull it out when you win?

Directly emailing bloggers and spoiler sites to try to generate a betting frenzy on Chelsea is really next level scumbaggery IMO.  

Sportsbet: How low can we go?  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:13 am

Bobette wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:A gambling organisation being scumbags? Who would of thunk it? laugh out loud

Directly emailing bloggers and spoiler sites to try to generate a betting frenzy on Chelsea is really next level scumbaggery IMO.  

Sportsbet: How low can we go?  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 3806527698
Yep. It’s shady shady shady. Just like Sportsbet. Plus they’re in cahoots with the show for sure imo and based on past sleuthing. I almost feel like TPTB want them to put it out that it’s Chelsea. Kind of like how TPTB made sure it leaked that Matty J had let slip the winners name and then Laura’s name being said as leaked winner by media.

Sportsbet: the bar is not low enough. :/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:09 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
olive54321 wrote:
Bobette wrote:
Enough wrote:Betting is back on on Sportsbet

Chelsie $1.25. Max bet $400

Kristen $5  Max bet  $35  

Abbie $8   Max bet  $35

Thanks @Enough - those max bets certainly put things into perspective rather than just looking at the odds in isolation.  yes

Calculating max loss, that means:

Chelsie's max loss is 100(500 max payout-400 max bet).
Kristen's max loss is 140 (175 max payout-35 max bet).
Abbie's max loss is 245 (280 max payout-35 max bet).

Laura's max loss at the beginning of the season was 25 dollars while Lisa's was 100 dollars, so Chelsie's max loss seems a bit high for an F1. Perhaps it will go down once the season begins? We'll see, I guess.

Do you have a url link, screenshot, or a way to show Laura’s max loss for that season? Our archives indicate otherwise so it’s important to have accurate information. In September 2017 was when we have posted screenshots and info of Laura’s odds and max losses. There’s no evidence of any max losses pre-season for a laura.. If you could post where this info came from regarding max losses for Laura that would be super helpful. TYIA

From @SugarAndSpice 's excellent post on Matty's board here it looks like Laura's max loss for episode 1 was around $35, so @olive54321 was not far off estimating $25.  

Also Laura's initial odds were 2.25, so very different to Chelsea's of 3.00 and max loss of $100, which was the same max loss as Abbie as per @Dirty Street Pie 's post below.  

If Chelsea is F1, Sportsbet are doing things very differently this season, IMO.  Her stats so far do not look like a "typical" F1, IMO, and leaking F1's name is unprecedented.

@SugarAndSpice wrote:

OK! Data has been finalised and graphed! IMO the odds represent the changes in public betting, and the max loss represents the risk sportsbet is willing to take (ie the higher the loss, the higher the risk to sportsbet). 

Fig 1 shows the raw data of odds and Max loss for the F3 ladies. Episode numbers are shown. The inset for each graph is focusing on the odds/max loss for ep15 and ep16

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 WpBJbyt

Figure 1: Max loss and odds for F3 ladies. Inset is focused on changes during ep15 and ep16.

Fig 2 represents the normalised data to compare the swing in odds/max loss ratio between Laura and Elise. Note that I havent marked ALL episodes, because I did not take odds at the start/end of all eps, but did do so in between. So for correctness, I haven't labelled all episodes on the chart. To simplify this means the following:

Odds 
Laura consistently had better odds of winning than Elise. After Laura's 1 SD (ep3) her odds of winning were 88% vs 12% for Elise. I don't think that would surprise anyone, because Elise was no where to be seen at this point.
The best odds for Elise (30%) occurred at ep14, but were still significantly lower than Laura's (70%). Again, not a surprise really, given the betting public believed Laura to be the winner (IMO) 

Max loss
This represents how much sportsbet was willing to risk. IMO this tells us who sportsbet thinks is most likely to win. Therefore, the bar chart for max loss represents the %chance sportsbet thought that contestant would lose (be F2).  For the entire season, the loss for Laura was significantly less than Elise, ie the chance of sportsbet losing out was always lowest with Laura, therefore, they believed she would be F1. The lowest max loss for Laura was 4% vs Elise's 96%, this occurred at the start of Ep9, following Laura's SQT at the nepean (ep 8). Whats interesting is that after Elise came into the picture (Ep10 1SD) there was a period of time where Sportsbet had almost 50/50 max loss for Elise vs Laura. After Ep13 (elises SQT), this changed back to favour Laura as F1. 

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Y6rCyKB

Figure 2: Normalised odds and max loss comparing Laura (red) and Elise (pink).  With relevant episodes or events marked.
Source: My data from sportsbet

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Have to go to work, so just posting a quick snap of the odds. All previous categories are gone, and we have individual odds for currently released girls. Chelsie has the lowest odds, but with max bets factored in, she and Abbie are even.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/entertainment/the-bachelor-australia/the-bachelor-australia-2019-4291412

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 D3730610
ETA Accidentally cropped Chelsies odds off of the screenshot, have just looked them up again, and she is $3, with s max bet of $50, and the max loss is $100, which is the same as Abbie. Will do them properly tonight when I get home.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Oooh nice! Thank you for finding and posting all that!

Do we have any stats for other seasons for Bach AU F1 other than Laura’s? Because it could be that Laura is the outlier and things aren’t being done differently this season but we’re done differently for Laura.

Iirc for Alex she had the early odds favorite but Nikki did for a bit too. Not sure about snez.

I do recall though how discussion regarding Laura’s odds were unprecedentedly low.

So I’m not sure that she is the base line to compare to considering there’s 5 other seasons for F1 and she’s only 1 of them (excluding Honey Badger).

question
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Betting Odds - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+21
Finch
sprout
butterflylove
sdmom
Bachbee
LeapofFaith
SpoilerAlert
Sprite
Zaynab
Enough
olive54321