SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:38 pm

I doubt the MTA is going to go over well for Luke, mainly because - let’s be honest, he‘s just not very smart. So not only does he have all sorts of issues and faults, but he can‘t properly communicate and makes the situation ten times worse for himself. Unless he has hired a Top PR firm to prepare for MTA, it‘s going to be bad.

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by North Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:01 pm

yana_bach wrote:I doubt the MTA is going to go over well for Luke, mainly because - let’s be honest, he‘s just not very smart. So not only does he have all sorts of issues and faults, but he can‘t properly communicate and makes the situation ten times worse for himself. Unless he has hired a Top PR firm to prepare for MTA, it‘s going to be bad.

I would love for ABC switch to the Bravo style ... where when a housewife says "I most certainly did NOT say that." Bravo always shows a clip of the housewife saying exactly that. It is brilliant and hilarious and would've been perfect for all the gaslighting Luke did this season. But I can only imagine how hurtful that will be to Hannah to have her rose-colored glasses on display...yet again.

I also don't know how much time Luke should get at the MTA. I get he has to take the hot seat and has been a controversial character this season but after so much overexposure, I think most people are sick of him. Chris Harrison isn't Luke's therapist -- Luke needs to work on himself with a professional and not on TV.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Bekah mentioned on her podcast that Luke's sister-in-law is doing recaps of the show, but I can't find them anywhere. Do you guys know where she recaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:58 pm

yana_bach wrote:Bekah mentioned on her podcast that Luke's sister-in-law is doing recaps of the show, but I can't find them anywhere. Do you guys know where she recaps?
She does her recaps on IG stories, which are only up on her account for 24hrs before they get removed.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:15 pm

dee wrote:
yana_bach wrote:Bekah mentioned on her podcast that Luke's sister-in-law is doing recaps of the show, but I can't find them anywhere. Do you guys know where she recaps?
She does her recaps on IG stories, which are only up on her account for 24hrs before they get removed.
This is the link. https://www.instagram.com/hleaparker22/

I listened to it after the bungy jump episode. I totally understand defending your relative, but she basically sounded like the worst of those holy haters in Hannah’s IG comments. It made my skin crawl. I think Bekah reacted in a similar way.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Got it! I wanted to listen to that one, but I guess the one after FSuites will be Gold. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 pm

there are over the top people everywhere. Social media fangirls and some relatives definitely the worse. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:16 pm

The thing people need to remember is that “christian” is a very broad-brushed term. There are so many extremes and differences in “christian” beliefs, that many people whom I know refuse to call themselves ‘christian’ and rather choose to say “I am a Bible believing follower and lover of Jesus Christ”.

While both Luke and Hannah claim to be ‘christian’, they obviously have different understandings of how that is played out in their daily lives. I would say that neither of them is SIMPLY “right or wrong”.  They each have their own free will and the responsibility to live their own lives the way they think is best.
IMO, they each also want to please their God.

However, as in REAL life, these two ‘christians’ are not perfect “christians” on this show.
As in REAL life, ALL  ‘christians’ make unhealthy choices. They  may later have regrets about choices made in their youth or while under the influence, (drugs, alcohol, pressure from peers, social or cultural mores /norms, etc), and some of their choices may cause them to miss out on the best opportunities that life has to offer them.

So yes, while it definitely is ‘their own lives, their own bodies, their own choices’,  that doesn’t mean they are doing the RIGHT or BEST things with ‘their lives, their bodies or their choices’.

Instead of justifying mistakes and negative actions by saying “Jesus still loves me”, why not admit to making a mistake, call it for what it is and say, “Yes, I made a mistake but in spite of that mistake, Jesus still loves me”.

**edit- please review site rules on discussing religion***

Imagine the outcry  if Luke would go to the Men Tell All and say something like, “It’s my life, and yes I got angry and was a bully but Jesus still loves me.”  as his defence?
Imagine if he responded similarly to his ‘wrongdoing’ as how Hannah did when confronted with her behaviour?
Can you imagine Luke using  “Jesus still loves me” when being confronted with his negative actions?

The crux of this matter is that ‘christians’ Hannah and Luke have differing opinions as to what constitutes a “wrongdoing”.
And all the voicing of different opinions on social media, including this site, clearly illustrates that ALL people have differing opinions as to what constitutes a “wrongdoing”.
Everybody who critiques or judges Luke or Hannah, or Jed or Anybody else for that matter, does so based upon their own understanding of what a ‘wrongdoing’ is.
“Hannah  had premarital sex = wrongdoing”
“Luke clenched his fists and got angry = wrongdoing”
“Hannah gave the finger = wrongdoing”
“Luke lied = wrongdoing”

The reality is that what is wrong to one is not perceived as wrong to an other.
What is wrong to one ‘christian’ is not perceived as wrong to an other ‘christian’.

The dilemma here is that Luke assumed,  because they both claimed to be ‘christians’, that he and Hannah had the same values as to what is wrong and what is right.
Obviously they don’t.
And obviously, we as  the human race don’t.
Just my opinion of course.

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by USAGold Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Exactly spot on IMO !!
We are all guilty of wrong doing and the final judge on that is Jesus Christ!!
Let’s stop all the hatefulness that judging others can bring and take care of our own short comings and stay in our own lanes !!IMO

USAGold

Female Posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:36 pm

USAGold wrote:Exactly spot on IMO !!
We are all guilty of wrong doing and the final judge on that is Jesus Christ!!
Let’s stop all the hatefulness that judging others can bring and take care of our own short comings and stay in our own lanes !!IMO

Easier said than done and besides, that would take out half the fun from the board! giggling

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:14 am

@RizBiz Good Post I agree

That is exactly what I tried to explain here. You use obviously better words.  

Luke did not understand Hannah at all. He was clueless. His first 1on1 was 2 people eating the same food but one said it was oranges and the other said it was lemons.

And OMG so right to say that in bold!! Why is it okay for Hannah and not Luke? But I agree on all you said too!!

RizBiz wrote:
Instead of justifying mistakes and negative actions by saying “Jesus still loves me”, why not admit to making a mistake, call it for what it is and say, “Yes, I made a mistake but in spite of that mistake, Jesus still loves
Edit
Imagine the outcry  if Luke would go to the Men Tell All and say something like, “It’s my life, and yes I got angry and was a bully but Jesus still loves me.”  as his defence?
Imagine if he responded similarly to his ‘wrongdoing’ as how Hannah did when confronted with her behaviour?
Can you imagine Luke using  “Jesus still loves me” when being confronted with his negative actions?

RizBiz wrote:
The reality is that what is wrong to one is not perceived as wrong to an other.
What is wrong to one ‘christian’ is not perceived as wrong to an other ‘christian’.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am

I’m not going to try to analyze the behavior of either Luke or Hannah against any religious doctrine or standard because they are both woefully self-serving in their approach to everything and none of their behaviors demonstrated adherence to anything more than Christian words and declarations, IMO and not unusual. Actions truly do speak louder than words.

Clearly, the final judgement of anyone is not up to us but, judgement is a part of everyday life. It’s what everyone must do to determine what is or is not acceptable in their lives and whom to love or, live with or work with or how to raise your kids or park your car.

IMO This forum offers disparate but, generally well-stated opinions we have fun discussing, analyzing and sleuthing with mutual respect. That’s pretty much all we are committed to, here and that’s why I love it.

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 2622943811  Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 1176891977 :crazed question affraid :tissuebox :detective

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+56
LaineyG
Kashathediva
Lucas15
Chgohighlife
North