SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:48 am

North wrote:
Like the preflight checklist! Smiley
snipped
giggling
North wrote:
snipped
IMO she's totally blinded by her love for him and this image/persona that she's created for him... that she can't see he just isn't in to her. So is she really bad at reading ALL people, or just him?
snipped

Like "they" say - love is blind. I guess you said that too ... Smiley

In somewhat a defense of Hannah, Jed did a thing (admitting that he came on the show for his career) which IMO made him appear to be forthright and honest and she seems to have trusted him more because of it. IMO telling a selective (but slightly embarrassing) truth to hide a deeper (and unforgivable) deception is pretty hard to see through - especially in the context of a produced and manipulated situation such as this show is. IMO Hannah might have figured this out, sooner or later but probably too late.

Not everyone "sees" the clues in body language or sees them the same way. My father-in-law always says "Take one look at him and you know" and my mother-in-law always says "You're crazy". My father-in-law reads body language and my mother-in-law doesn't. I'd guess that Hannah may not read it, or not read it well, and being love blind did her a disservice.

ETA: An afterthought is that it wasn't only Hannah that was wrong about Jed - but all the guys on the show (who were very critical of Luke) seemed to feel that Jed was a good guy - now I suspect they realize they too were wrong.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Sprite Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:46 am

Lucas15 wrote:
North wrote:
Like the preflight checklist! Smiley
snipped
giggling
North wrote:
snipped
IMO she's totally blinded by her love for him and this image/persona that she's created for him... that she can't see he just isn't in to her. So is she really bad at reading ALL people, or just him?
snipped

Like "they" say - love is blind. I guess you said that too ... Smiley

In somewhat a defense of Hannah, Jed did a thing (admitting that he came on the show for his career) which IMO made him appear to be forthright and honest and she seems to have trusted him more because of it. IMO telling a selective (but slightly embarrassing) truth to hide a deeper (and unforgivable) deception is pretty hard to see through - especially in the context of a produced and manipulated situation such as this show is. IMO Hannah might have figured this out, sooner or later but probably too late.

Not everyone "sees" the clues in body language or sees them the same way. My father-in-law always says "Take one look at him and you know" and my mother-in-law always says "You're crazy". My father-in-law reads body language and my mother-in-law doesn't. I'd guess that Hannah may not read it, or not read it well, and being love blind did her a disservice.

ETA: An afterthought is that it wasn't only Hannah that was wrong about Jed - but all the guys on the show (who were very critical of Luke) seemed to feel that Jed was a good guy - now I suspect they realize they too were wrong.

@Lucas15 I suspect that it was easier to fool the guys because:

1. They were all united against a common enemy...Luke. That dislike may have blinded them from looking more closely at Jed...or anyone else. Jed just had to go along with that to show what a good guy he was.

2. Jed didn't have to lie/pretend as much with the guys. Obviously he couldn't talk about his girlfriend at home, but he didn't have to behave in such a way to ensure that he stayed with them like he had to with Hannah. He didn't have to go out of his way with them as he did with Hannah. Lots of things guys can talk about other than Hannah when they are together and he clearly knows how to work an audience. If anything awkward were to come up, easy enough to deflect with anything Luke related.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 am

So - preflight checklist still looking good ...

I've been wondering just why TPTB have given Jed so many opportunities to play "Have Guitar, Will Travel" (am I dating myself with this reference to an old TV western???). In the past there have been multiple aspiring singers (Wes Hayden, Chris Lane, James Taylor, Luke Pell come to mind as some) but none have gotten the opportunities that Jed has been given. I can't remember, offhand, anyone who has listened to Jed sing his songs that has said "Hey - this guy is good - someone should sign him to a recording contract." All I can recall is people saying he has a terrible voice and personally I cringe when he sings. And then it dawned on me that they could be giving Jed all these opportunities just so he can make a fool out of himself. The more he sings, the bigger the fool ...

Having an opportunity to show off your talent is beneficial to your career - IF you actually have talent. But showcasing a lack of talent - not so much ...
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:05 am

I agree with all. i also think he was completely saying his immediate feeling when he said that his stomach hit the floor. That's what happens when you get caught in something....like the teacher just called your name for talking in class. The normal response would be to feel giddy, floating...not oh **it.

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:46 am

Lucas15 wrote:So - preflight checklist still looking good ...

I've been wondering just why TPTB have given Jed so many opportunities to play "Have Guitar, Will Travel" (am I dating myself with this reference to an old TV western???). In the past there have been multiple aspiring singers (Wes Hayden, Chris Lane, James Taylor, Luke Pell come to mind as some) but none have gotten the opportunities that Jed has been given. I can't remember, offhand, anyone who has listened to Jed sing his songs that has said "Hey - this guy is good - someone should sign him to a recording contract." All I can recall is people saying he has a terrible voice and personally I cringe when he sings. And then it dawned on me that they could be giving Jed all these opportunities just so he can make a fool out of himself. The more he sings, the bigger the fool ...

Having an opportunity to show off your talent is beneficial to your career - IF you actually have talent. But showcasing a lack of talent - not so much ...
JMHO

I’ve found the amount of guitar playing suspicious too. Carly and Evan were on a podcast recently and Evan said that there were 4 aspiring musicians (Luke, James, Wells, and I can’t remember who else) on his season and the producers wouldn’t allow them to play for JoJo. They kept telling them to put them away because it didn’t make for good tv and was a distraction. Maybe it was because there so many of them but I did find it interesting that they allowed so much of it with Jed. It’s almost as if they gave him all the rope in which to hang himself with?
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:24 am

avacaroline wrote:

JMHO

I’ve found the amount of guitar playing suspicious too. Carly and Evan were on a podcast recently and Evan said that there were 4 aspiring musicians (Luke, James, Wells, and I can’t remember who else) on his season and the producers wouldn’t allow them to play for JoJo. They kept telling them to put them away because it didn’t make for good tv and was a distraction. Maybe it was because there so many of them but I did find it interesting that they allowed so much of it with Jed. It’s almost as if they gave him all the rope in which to hang himself with?
They did let James play on his date though. They gave Luke the Bachelor edit, so they played up the war hero angle and hid his music aspirations. Didn’t he claim to be a consultant of some kind?
I definitely think they let Jed showcase his bad voice and questionable intentions on purpose, particularly in the last two episodes after the filler episode and re-edit.
JMO

User u/keester on Reddit suggested that Jed’s next song should be called "You're Not My Plan A, So Take Your Plan B". :uptonogood cantstopl

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by North Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am

JMHO

I actually posted something similar about this in another thread that I started to feel a tiny bit of pity for Jed. He loves music. It is his passion. He goes to school for music. Tries to make it in Nashville. Strips/dances on the side to support his dream of music. Keeps plugging along b/c it is what drives him. And finally, he goes on a national tv show to promote himself and his music.

He risked everything for this passion -- friends, family, reputation, etc... only to be exposed as a liar, cheater, manipulator, and terrible boyfriend/fiance. And, probably the worst part, for him, is that he's been publically blasted and ridiculed for being an awful singer. The one thing he loves the most in life. This ended so poorly for him.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Was reading a great book on the beach yesterday, shout out to "Daisy Jones and The Six", I thought of Hannah....
it said,

"I have no tolerance for people that waste other people's faith in them. None at all."

I hope HB is lurking here!!! Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 22 2764

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Deleted

[/quote]

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Doggoneit wrote:Was reading a great book on the beach yesterday, shout out to "Daisy Jones and The Six", I thought of Hannah....
it said,

"I have no tolerance for people that waste other people's faith in them.  None at all."

I hope HB is lurking here!!!  Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 22 2764

Perfect line! Just perfect.  :yes:

It explains how I feel about Jed--I don't hate him but I have no tolerance for him. He would need to show me an extended period of "good" behavior and intent before I would allow him back in my life in any capacity. My opinion only and Hannah may feel differently. We shall see.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by LaineyG Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Someone asked RS if he thought Jed would be in BIP next season. They mentioned crystal and “goose” and how they got their redemption. He said he could definitely see that happening. Ugh. But maybe Jed would seek that out.

LaineyG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:32 pm

LaineyG wrote:Someone asked RS if he thought Jed would be in BIP next season.  They mentioned crystal and “goose” and how they got their redemption.  He said he could definitely see that happening.  Ugh.  But maybe Jed would seek that out.  

I can see both Hannah and Jed being there next summer for drama and to give her another shot at a relationship in the franchise.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Jed Wyatt - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+74
veg_out
Bleiby527
violetstoo
pwgolfer
docnash14