SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 52 of 53 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 pm

It was over 20 years ago but my mother had all the paperwork for DNR etc (as did my father). She was in FL and all her paperwork was here in OH when she had to go into the hospital. Because there was no legal paperwork telling them not to put her on a vent (she had emphysema), they did even though my dad was there insisting they don't. I was going down for Christmas and had to go early. I took the paperwork with me and when Dad picked me up from the airport, we went straight to the hospital where he put the paperwork in their face to get her off the vent ASAP. She was able to write during this time and had asked to be taken off but they still wouldn't until they had the legal paperwork. She was dying and knew it and didn't want to be kept alive by a machine. She lived another week.

Once she passed, my Dad changed all his paperwork for me to be the person to make decisions like this. At that time it was called a "Living Will". Dad has passed away and it was not needed since he had a heart attack and his heart just gave out. I have the paperwork for myself and it is now called a "Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care" (at least in Ohio).

What I am getting at is that Tyler could have been talking about having this type of paperwork for when his dad was sick, just not calling it by its legal name. But all the same, he would have been the one to sign off on any decisions made about his father.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 pm

violetstoo wrote:Thank you for sharing such a difficult moment in your life, so we can understand better.  Much prayers, healing, and blessings for the compassion and caring you showed your mother.

Thank you, violetstoo. That is very kind of you to say that.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm

@HavaDrPepper @Amethyst thank you both for sharing your personal experiences.  I'm glad you both were able to share it, hoping it helps others heal in similar situations.  

Yes, a Living Will Health Care Will or Enduring Power of Attorney is what it's call in Ontario Canada as well.

Power of Attorneys cease upon death so it's important to have the proper documentation. They should have some sort of carry card just like we have donor cards, that state there is a Living Will etc.

In any case, those who are responsible like yourselves, and Tyler, are commended for showing so much compassion.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:37 pm

Amethyst wrote:
eusebeia wrote:The ep did explain something I've been wondering about since Tyler explained about his father's illness.  Tyler said something like he, Tyler, had to decide on a DNR or "last rites"--can't remember exactly.  We know Tyler's mom is alive--why wouldn't SHE be the one deciding?  Well now we know his parents are divorced, so it makes sense that Tyler is the next of kin.  Guess his dad did not remarry.

Also--if Tyler really said and meant "last rites," are they Catholic?

I can give a personal example. It will be somewhat graphic (warning!) to show what Tyler may have gone through.

I was my mother's caregiver in the final months of her life. She had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage six months previously and appeared to be having another the night that she died. I was with her when she passed away. I knew for a fact that she was gone. I heard the death rattle (yes, it's a thing.) But, what else do you do but call 911? The paramedics came and the first question they asked was, does she have a DNR? I honestly didn't know. So they tried to revive her via CPR. I knew that they would be cracking her sternum/ribs in order to do that properly. I heard that sound. They loaded her into the ambulance and kept trying. About half-way to the hospital they declared her dead (I was riding along in the front seat.) I am sure they knew she was gone when they arrived at our home, but by protocol, they still had to try to revive her.

Later on I found out that she *did* have a DNR. *sigh*

I grew up Catholic, and yes, last rites (which used to be known as Extreme Unction, I think it has another name now) is a sacrament of the Catholic church. It might very well apply to some other Christian denominations as well.

All I can say is, if Tyler had to go through all that, and make those kind of heavy decisions regarding his father, then he has my complete respect. IMO Hannah has *no idea* what Tyler has gone through. This is a MAN who has had to endure some extremely difficult things in his life. And yet he is putting himself out there, trying his best, looking for love.

I hope that he finds a wonderful woman and has the happy life that he deserves.

Thanks for your story, and you're right, it's not an easy thing for anyone to go through, especially for someone so young as Tyler.

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 pm

I agree with all everyone has said. I am happy Mr. Cameron survived and look forward to seeing him this next episode on Tyler's HTD. It seems to be an impressive family from what I have read.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:17 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I agree with all everyone has said.  I am happy Mr. Cameron survived and look forward to seeing him this next episode on Tyler's HTD.  It seems to be an impressive family from what I have read.

Tyler's Dad looked remarkably well in the preview. Looking forward to seeing the whole family.

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dahling Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 am

About the last rites, DNR...it's called Durable Power of Attorney. It's used for someone that has become incapacitated and can't make decisions for themselves. I was that person for my mother.

Dahling

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:21 am

suzq wrote:I don't know if this is correct, but I took Tyler's "last rites" to mean a DNR -- do not resuscitate/take off of life support when I was watching that episode.
. Correct

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by smg2587 Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:13 am

Okay so watch Jed's reaction to Hannah's I love you again and honestly it kind of makes me angry. Some may say its editing but to me the deception is in that video. He literally said his heart just fell to the middle of the earth. Umm as in his heart sank hearing that as in not exactly a happy reaction to hearing her confess his love. Combine that with all the blinking he did to that. Plus the let me have my moment, really he needed a moment when in real time he had confessed his feeling 5 nights before that. What is it you need a moment for. Maybe I am being influence by the stories we have been hearing but all that combine and seeing his reaction on the show I can not see him being truthful in that moment. All jmho.

smg2587

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 am

smg2587 wrote:Okay so watch Jed's reaction to Hannah's I love you again and honestly it kind of makes me angry. Some may say its editing but to me the deception is in that video. He literally said his heart just fell to the middle of the earth. Umm as in his heart sank hearing that as in not exactly a happy reaction to hearing her confess his love. Combine that with all the blinking he did to that. Plus the let me have my moment, really he needed a moment when in real time he had confessed his feeling 5 nights before that. What is it you need a moment for. Maybe I am being influence by the stories we have been hearing but all that combine and seeing his reaction on the show I can not see him being truthful in that moment. All jmho.

100% agree @smg2587. Where were her support team? Body language and commentary Red flags everywhere imo. Then add the guitar and bad singing :crazed

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:09 am

smg2587 wrote:Okay so watch Jed's reaction to Hannah's I love you again and honestly it kind of makes me angry. Some may say its editing but to me the deception is in that video. He literally said his heart just fell to the middle of the earth. Umm as in his heart sank hearing that as in not exactly a happy reaction to hearing her confess his love. Combine that with all the blinking he did to that. Plus the let me have my moment, really he needed a moment when in real time he had confessed his feeling 5 nights before that. What is it you need a moment for. Maybe I am being influence by the stories we have been hearing but all that combine and seeing his reaction on the show I can not see him being truthful in that moment. All jmho.

Go to the July 8, Episode 8 thread. Lucas15 has a post in there about this subject. I responded to him about a post on this subject on reddit and he replied about that post as well. Interesting reading.

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t5265p24-bachelorette-15-hannah-brown-july-8-epi-8-sleuthing-spoilers#1396140

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:15 pm

I finally was able to watch the episode.  A few things stood out to me.  Hannah really was taken with Jed.  She told him she was falling in love with him at dinner and he looked surprised to hear it.  I didn't sense he was lying, but he was probably shocked at how fast everything was moving.  He looked comfortable with Hannah and vice versa.  There were times during their date where he was getting a F1 edit...mainly when she picked him up to go on a date in front of the other guys which usually is the classic F1 edit, then all the guys look somber and grumble behind his back.  Interesting that Hannah said she was falling in love with Jed when they clicked their heels and kissed in front of the organ...then both Hannah and Jed posted the same picture on their IG pages.  Anyway, I watched Tyler's date too, but I don't see that same spark she has with Jed.  I still didn't like that she told him to "Man up" and found it rude.  Most men don't like to be told they are being weak, and that is exactly what that phrase means...to me.  The Luke and Garrett scene with the meat was just ridiculous...so producer driven.  All imo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 53 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+66
HavaDrPepper
Doggoneit
bleuberry
Amethyst
Miyala