SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 51 of 53 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Minney Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 pm

The “Last rites” sacrament can be given at various stages of a persons illness or dying process. It’s not necessarily like in the movies done on the death bed like in the movies.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:56 pm

@eusebeia, I don’t know what religion Tyler was raised as but while in NYC, per his friend Matt’s IG story, we know they attend a non denominational church in NYC. Some of us were kidding that some girls are gonna show up at their church since Matt put the name & location on blast as they were attending two Sundays ago giggling

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovecarbs Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Sharnee wrote:When you listen to Hannah talking to Tyler at dinner . She explains her thought process of what she’s trying to establish with the one she’s looking for . I thought it was very telling . Then the carriage ride. Not just a makeout sesh . They really connected and he was showing her gratefulness . That got to me .
*** snipped ***
she seems to love theraputic discussions with men she is unsure about. her conversation with luke p on his first one-on-one was not a one of in looking back. what i don't understand is why she isn't revealing much of herself when she asks for it from the men. and why hasn't she done this digging with jed or even peter? she seems to like them the most and has no questions for them unlike everyone else.

i do not blame her for being fooled by jed because he had everyone fooled during the show. but maybe she should learn to dig a little deeper on the guys she actually likes and ask some hard questions. she should have asked jed about past relationships. of course he probably would have lied but at least she would have gotten more information and let her bs detector decide. that is what happened on rachel's season. she started questioning whether peter was right for her when she asked him about his past relationships in the later episodes.

while i think tyler would be good for her because he seems like a stand up guy, hannah needs time to be by herself and reflect on herself. i do not like how she is liking all these posts about luke p manipulating her. he is awful but he revealed who he was to her in their time alone. she even saw red flags but chose to ignore them! that's okay, she's young and it is a learning experience, but she needs to take some responsibility for her own decisions to grow and take in the lesson. with jed, i don't know what she could have done differently other than digging deeper even though he seemed perfect for her. live and learn hannah but it starts with reflecting on your own actions.

Last edited by ilovecarbs on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

ilovecarbs

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:03 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:Someone earlier in this thread asked if this was a normal 3 on 1 date format.  What we have to remember is that usually when there is a 3 on 1, only 1 guy will get a rose since the other 3 roses were given out on individual dates.**  By Hannah sending Mike home on his date, that made 2 roses available.

**Becca's season: 3 on 1 was Leo, Wills and Jason.  Leo was let go on the beach and she continued the date with Wills and Jason. In the end, Jason received the 1 rose available and went to HTD's.

**Rachel's season: 3 on 1 was Matt, Adam and Eric. Matt was let go first. She took Adam and Eric to dinner where Eric received the rose.
(Synopsis from info on wikipedia)

So Hannah had a different situation by having 2 roses given out.  They had her give one out in the afternoon (Peter) leaving the 2 on 1 they didn't get when Luke S chose to leave between Garrett and Luke P.  There was no doubt she would take Luke P.

Deep down I think Garrett knew that and he was all about driving Luke P crazy... which made for good TV. I laughed so hard at the credit scene with Garrett and the bologna.  

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 1646190589

That was me. Thanks for digging all that up. It seems like there's no hard and fast rule, then. They just do what they need to get the eliminations they want.

Still, Peter living before dinner was odd. Can't remember it ever happening that a guy gets a rose on a date but then has to leave. Used to be on group dates, that the one who got a rose got EXTRA time (thinking of Chris and Des getting an alone dance on a rooftop, e.g.). Poor Peter gets a rose and gets shunted off stage.

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:07 pm

eusebeia wrote:The ep did explain something I've been wondering about since Tyler explained about his father's illness.  Tyler said something like he, Tyler, had to decide on a DNR or "last rites"--can't remember exactly.  We know Tyler's mom is alive--why wouldn't SHE be the one deciding?  Well now we know his parents are divorced, so it makes sense that Tyler is the next of kin.  Guess his dad did not remarry.

I interpreted it in a strictly legal sense. Someone should have a power of attorney for both fiscal and health matters.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:21 pm

suzq wrote:I don't know if this is correct, but I took Tyler's "last rites" to mean a DNR -- do not resuscitate/take off of life support when I was watching that episode.

I don't recall whether he specifically said Last Rites, but if that's the case, I think the family might be Catholic.  Do other religions refer to anything like an end of life sacrament?  Also, this is not the same as a DNR. Could he have been referring to an "Advance Directive"? My health care plan and probably others require this whenever a patient is having anesthesia, a likely thing if Mr. C was going into surgery.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:28 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
suzq wrote:I don't know if this is correct, but I took Tyler's "last rites" to mean a DNR -- do not resuscitate/take off of life support when I was watching that episode.

I don't recall whether he specifically said Last Rites, but if that's the case, I think the family might be Catholic.  Do other religions refer to anything like an end of life sacrament?  Also, this is not the same as a DNR or authorization not to treat.  Could he have been referring to an "Advance Directive"?

The Episcopal church has a sacrament of last rites.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Doats wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

I don't recall whether he specifically said Last Rites, but if that's the case, I think the family might be Catholic.  Do other religions refer to anything like an end of life sacrament?  Also, this is not the same as a DNR or authorization not to treat.  Could he have been referring to an "Advance Directive"?

Thanks, that is the religion I thought might also. I just doubled checked and "Last Rites" is now more accurately called "Anointing of the Sick".

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:25 pm

eusebeia wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:Someone earlier in this thread asked if this was a normal 3 on 1 date format.  What we have to remember is that usually when there is a 3 on 1, only 1 guy will get a rose since the other 3 roses were given out on individual dates.**  By Hannah sending Mike home on his date, that made 2 roses available.

**Becca's season: 3 on 1 was Leo, Wills and Jason.  Leo was let go on the beach and she continued the date with Wills and Jason. In the end, Jason received the 1 rose available and went to HTD's.

**Rachel's season: 3 on 1 was Matt, Adam and Eric. Matt was let go first. She took Adam and Eric to dinner where Eric received the rose.
(Synopsis from info on wikipedia)

So Hannah had a different situation by having 2 roses given out.  They had her give one out in the afternoon (Peter) leaving the 2 on 1 they didn't get when Luke S chose to leave between Garrett and Luke P.  There was no doubt she would take Luke P.

Deep down I think Garrett knew that and he was all about driving Luke P crazy... which made for good TV. I laughed so hard at the credit scene with Garrett and the bologna.  

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 51 1646190589

That was me.  Thanks for digging all that up.  It seems like there's no hard and fast rule, then.  They just do what they need to get the eliminations they want.

Still, Peter living before dinner was odd.  Can't remember it ever happening that a guy gets a rose on a date but then has to leave.  Used to be on group dates, that the one who got a rose got EXTRA time (thinking of Chris and Des getting an alone dance on a rooftop, e.g.).  Poor Peter gets a rose and gets shunted off stage.  
I felt the same way poor Peter barely got any alone time with her! But I think they ( producers)want the big drama blow out between Garrett and Luke!JMO
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 pm

eusebeia wrote:The ep did explain something I've been wondering about since Tyler explained about his father's illness.  Tyler said something like he, Tyler, had to decide on a DNR or "last rites"--can't remember exactly.  We know Tyler's mom is alive--why wouldn't SHE be the one deciding?  Well now we know his parents are divorced, so it makes sense that Tyler is the next of kin.  Guess his dad did not remarry.

Also--if Tyler really said and meant "last rites," are they Catholic?

I can give a personal example. It will be somewhat graphic (warning!) to show what Tyler may have gone through.

I was my mother's caregiver in the final months of her life. She had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage six months previously and appeared to be having another the night that she died. I was with her when she passed away. I knew for a fact that she was gone. I heard the death rattle (yes, it's a thing.) But, what else do you do but call 911? The paramedics came and the first question they asked was, does she have a DNR? I honestly didn't know. So they tried to revive her via CPR. I knew that they would be cracking her sternum/ribs in order to do that properly. I heard that sound. They loaded her into the ambulance and kept trying. About half-way to the hospital they declared her dead (I was riding along in the front seat.) I am sure they knew she was gone when they arrived at our home, but by protocol, they still had to try to revive her.

Later on I found out that she *did* have a DNR. *sigh*

I grew up Catholic, and yes, last rites (which used to be known as Extreme Unction, I think it has another name now) is a sacrament of the Catholic church. It might very well apply to some other Christian denominations as well.

All I can say is, if Tyler had to go through all that, and make those kind of heavy decisions regarding his father, then he has my complete respect. IMO Hannah has *no idea* what Tyler has gone through. This is a MAN who has had to endure some extremely difficult things in his life. And yet he is putting himself out there, trying his best, looking for love.

I hope that he finds a wonderful woman and has the happy life that he deserves.

Last edited by Amethyst on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
Doats wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

Thanks, that is the religion I thought might also.  I just doubled checked and "Last Rites" is now more accurately called "Anointing of the Sick".  

DNR is do not resuscitate. DNI is do not intubate, often on the same form. It is an order signed by a doctor. It means if a person codes, (not breathing or heart stops) not to go through an awful process of intubating, administering CPR which can break ribs, they may never come off the vent etc. The family may have to decide later to remove life support which in my opinion is very difficult. Probably too much information. If I had to guess, Tyler is the power of attorney for his dad, either by being the oldest son or through documentation. I know this info is probably way more than was asked for, but I just wanted to add this. Last rites are usually given when someone is dying (but not always).

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by violetstoo Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Amethyst wrote:

Also--if Tyler really said and meant "last rites," are they Catholic?

I can give a personal example. It will be somewhat graphic (warning!) to show what Tyler may have gone through.

I was my mother's caregiver in the final months of her life. She had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage six months previously and appeared to be having another the night that she died. I was with her when she passed away. I knew for a fact that she was gone. I heard the death rattle (yes, it's a thing.) But, what else do you do but call 911? The paramedics came and the first question they asked was, does she have a DNR? I honestly didn't know. So they tried to revive her via CPR. I knew that they would be cracking her sternum/ribs in order to do that properly. I heard that sound. They loaded her into the ambulance and kept trying. About half-way to the hospital they declared her dead (I was riding along in the front seat.) I am sure they knew she was gone when they arrived at our home, but by protocol, they still had to try to revive her.

Later on I found out that she *did* have a DNR. *sigh*

I grew up Catholic, and yes, last rites (which used to be known as Extreme Unction, I think it has another name now) is a sacrament of the Catholic church. It might very well apply to some other Christian denominations as well.

All I can say is, if Tyler had to go through all that, and make those kind of heavy decisions regarding his father, then he has my complete respect. IMO Hannah has *no idea* what Tyler has gone through. This is a MAN who had had to endure some extremely difficult things in his life. And yet he is putting himself out there, trying his best, looking for love.

I hope that he finds a wonderful woman and has the happy life that he deserves.

Thank you for sharing such a difficult moment in your life, so we can understand better. Much prayers, healing, and blessings for the compassion and caring you showed your mother.

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 53 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - July 1 - Epi 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+66
HavaDrPepper
Doggoneit
bleuberry
Amethyst
Miyala