SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by SarahD Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm

North wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:y It's not so much that I believe that the show is about finding love (IMO it's not) but that it is the appearance that at the end love has been found that hooks viewers into watching week after week and season after season. IMO this is why they are so focused on an engagement - it creates the perception that something real has come out of it and thus it was worth watching for 13 weeks or whatever.

Yes, the appearance of find love. Good distinction. This is a TV show, after all, and people like happy endings.

Also, like your point about the engagement -- it is a real, tangible reward to viewers who have been watching the entire season. I'd bet many feel they are "owed" an engagement and an enormous Neil Lane ring and a People magazine cover. Who cares what happens 6 months down the road...at ATFR, viewers want a happy couple on the couch!

IMO

I remember watching a ex-producer video and they said that while they sometimes look for people who are good on TV, they still look for people who could be a good match. After all, what the show is selling is still a love story. The people who watch come back every year hoping to see there’s a connection. Look at all of us, while we watch for the crazies, we become passionate about where we see that connection. So, at the end of the day, they want to see some successful relationship because that’s what they’re selling.

I don’t know whether they get it this year. I think they’ve also been duped by Jed. Probably late when they found out that Jed had a GF. I don’t really think they knew from the beginning (night 1). They did know Scott but that’s not to set up Jed. The edit flashed on his face on Night 1 but that’s edit. They already know at that point because either Jed had come clean or they’ve heard of rumblings. What I don’t understand is at the pint they knew why wouldn’t they remove him like that other guy who got the first date. Just because that guy had a history is physical abuse? I think they also found out after the FRC so they had no chance to remove him because it’s done. So they had to do what they need to do to salvage what they got. All JMO.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by ilovecarbs Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm

North wrote:*** deleted ***

Based on Jed's tweet "Scott sucks" after episode 1 -- I'm betting they didn't film his "girlfriend reveal." He couldn't be that stupid, right? To be jumping on the Scott hate when he was filmed revealing to his fiance that he still had a girlfriend at home when he came on to promote his music.

At that point (tweet), seems like Jed was still confident the girlfriend info wasn't going to come out.
*** deleted ***
very good observation. i have been operating under the assumption that the hayely reveal will play out on the show at some point and that is why jed has not been allowed to comment on it. but you bring up a good point, if that had happened, a reasonable person would not shade scott publicly. so now i'm thinking that maybe it won't come out on the show and that jed is just a head in the sand kind of person as someone said earlier. if that's the case, this has to be a huge life lesson for him.

ilovecarbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 pm

SarahD wrote:snipped
I think they’ve also been duped by Jed. Probably late when they found out that Jed had a GF.  I don’t really think they knew from the beginning (night 1).

I'll grant that it's certainly possible that they were duped, but IMO that's a rarity. It might be worthwhile to consider the selection process since Amy Kauffman wrote about it in some detail in her book "Bachelor Nation". Here's a paraphrasing of what she wrote:

Amy Kauffman wrote:At the first interview you fill out a 150 question personality test "Have you ever had an out of body experience?" "Do you think you can control things with your mind?" "Have you ever wanted to kill someone?" Some of those 150 questions would be asked several times with slight rewording. After this you get a voucher for food and a way to order drinks.

The next day you get picked up, have some pictures taken and have a 1-1 interview with a producer in a setting like an ITM. After talking for maybe 20 minutes the producer asks if you would be interested in meeting some of his (her) friends. You of course say "Yes" and get taken to a room with maybe 20 producers on bleacher seats and they start firing questions rapidly. "What was your dream job?" "What are you looking for in a spouse?" "If you could have your dream job, would you cut off one of your limbs for it?" "Would you rather have a DDD cup bra or write a cover story for Vogue." The longer you sit, the more outlandish the questions get. Finally just when you think they can't get any more outlandish they end the interview and take you to the show psychologist (this used to be Dr. Catherine Seldon).

You spend about an hour with the psychologist who asks you questions about your answers to the 150 question personality profile. Some get more personal "Have you ever cheated on someone?" "Do you ever drink too much?" "Did you ever get into fights when you were drunk?"

After this you get taken to a private investigator whose job it is to find out about any skeletons in your closet. "Have you ever had a DUI?" "Did you ever make a sex tape?" "Have you ever sent nude pictures to someone?"

They then take you for a medical exam - looking for STDs and drug use. You give blood and urine samples. Many get dropped at this point and are told to go see their doctor.

A footnote: IMO both the psychologist and the private investigator (and for that matter some or most of the producers) are adept at reading people and body language so they are looking for signs of deception and / or stress as you answer their questions.

When this is over you get a packet of "fun" questions: "What's your favorite movie?" "Who do you look up to?" "What's your ideal date?" Stuff that would be used in a BIO if you get cast.

Amy reports that she was told by some producers that while their personality tests and interview are stringent, there are ranges for acceptance. Someone may have passed - but just barely - and there would be a possibility that they could really get unhinged. Producers would say "This person is going to be effing nuts - they're amazing" and go ahead and cast them - for drama.

IMO the interview with the psychologist and the private investigator would be hardest for Jed to get through without raising red flags. "Did you ever cheat" would be almost certain to show as stress in his body language and there were probably lots of others - Jed is not too hard to read - and if I can see things in Jed the people on the show - who are vastly better than I am - would be able to see it. Jed is not the first Nashville musician they have cast and IMO they know people in Nashville they could call and get the "local scoop" if they cared to and I think they cared to because of the role they had in mind for him AND the red flags that would have shown up in the interview process.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:01 pm

I wonder how many contestants said they had flings or short relationships when they applied.... and how many remained monks from applications to the premiere...

Back to top Go down

Post by LaineyG Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm

^^^regardless. Jed duped everyone and thought he could get away with it. Hopefully for his sake he learned a valuable life lesson.

LaineyG

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovecarbs Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
SarahD wrote:snipped
I think they’ve also been duped by Jed. Probably late when they found out that Jed had a GF.  I don’t really think they knew from the beginning (night 1).

I'll grant that it's certainly possible that they were duped, but IMO that's a rarity. *** deleted ***
JMHO
weren't the names of the contestants released early this year? iirc reality steve said he started hearing about hayley as soon as the names came out. if reality steve heard it, and kelly keegs heard about hayely and other publications heard about hayley (as she said in her interviews), why would the show not hear about her?

on the other hand, if they did know why didn't they force jed to confess or force him to break up with hayley on the phone, knowing how much hannah liked him and was likely to be her f1. i don't know if this post show mess is a plus or a minus for the show. knowing that answer will probably give a hint about whether they knew or not.

ilovecarbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:00 pm

ilovecarbs wrote:weren't the names of the contestants released early this year? iirc reality steve said he started hearing about hayley as soon as the names came out. if reality steve heard it, and kelly keegs heard about hayely and other publications heard about hayley (as she said in her interviews), why would the show not hear about her?

I recall things just as you state.

ilovecarbs wrote:on the other hand, if they did know why didn't they force jed to confess or force him to break up with hayley on the phone, knowing how much hannah liked him and was likely to be her f1. i don't know if this post show mess is a plus or a minus for the show. knowing that answer will probably give a hint about whether they knew or not.

Good question. I don't know the answer. That said though production certainly wants some good choices for the lead they don't need all choices to be good choices - they always leave some ringers in there that the lead has to sort out. Makes for more drama.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:28 pm

But it’s very hard for me to grasp that they knew all the way from night 1 and that the producers did everything in their power to get him to F1, which seems like they will purposely hurt Hannah’s chances that way.  I only believed that concept during Arie’s season as he was such a puppet for TPTB because he’s wanted to be the bachelor for so long and I think the switch was written in that story board. Did they hurt Becca in the process? Sure but she became the Bachelorette and now is very happy.

In this one though, if they knew from the beginning, what is the end goal? To make Hannah end up single and heartbroken (no success story here) or to make her do a switch which has not happened on Bachelorette?  

I don’t see the switch though in this story given all the Luke drama that I didn’t see the Tyler relationship develop. Hannah has all doubts if he’s ready for marriage, they’re making it seem like it’s all physical with Tyler and in one of the early interviews of LZ with Hannah, all I heard Hannah say about Tyler is that “he’s tall, hot, smooth and chill.”

I think this is the season that was messed up big time by Jed’s lies. He duped the production and it was late when they found out so they had to change gears. Maybe they found out during the middle of the filming hence they inserted the 5B episode which was obviously taped later and inserted in the middle of the season.

I’m really confused at this point and I’m still unsure if I want her to end up alone or end up with either Tyler or Peter just so she ends up with a good man.  I still like her and love her better lately because she seems like the old self before she became the Bachelorette, a little meany and bitchy but I believe she’s a good southern girl who lives by her faith (or tries to like me).

SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:58 pm

SarahD wrote:In this one though, if they knew from the beginning, what is the end goal?

Maybe it's as simple as making Hannah the first bachelorette to switch her choice after the FRC, capturing a maximum amount of drama along the way. And if Hannah ends up with Tyler, she will have gotten through the dumpster fire with a guy who is pretty convincingly a good guy and who seems to really love her. And left the show with another good guy for the next lead. And the only real casualty is Jed. Seems to me like win / win / win / win / lose and the only lose is the guy who probably deserved to lose.

Key:
win = Tyler
win = Hannah
win = Peter
win = the show
lose = Jed

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
SarahD wrote:In this one though, if they knew from the beginning, what is the end goal?

Maybe it's as simple as making Hannah the first bachelorette to switch her choice after the FRC, capturing a maximum amount of drama along the way. And if Hannah ends up with Tyler, she will have gotten through the dumpster fire with a guy who is pretty convincingly a good guy and who seems to really love her. And left the show with another good guy for the next lead. And the only real casualty is Jed. Seems to me like win / win / win / win / lose and the only lose is the guy who probably deserved to lose.

Key:
win = Tyler
win = Hannah
win = Peter
win = the show
lose = Jed

This is the best outcome. Not sure if this is slum dunk a switch story. During Arie, we almost knew for a fact the switch happened because of the likes and SM posts and there was a spoiler. But here everything is circumstantial evidence.

SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Lucas15 wrote:

Key:
win = Tyler
win = Hannah
win = Peter
win = the show
lose = Jed

That’s an awfully big risk to take. What if Tyler doesn’t take her back, then what are you left with?

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Deleted - double post. Apologies.

Last edited by mbl on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+112
eusebeia
rosepetals
Amethyst
Linds911
Fleurdesel