SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 63 of 74 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 68 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:46 pm

bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19227

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:05 pm

blueblues wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:@Astrobach I have grown to like Demi after absolutely hating her on Colton's season. She admitted that she didn't see physical affection growing up and I have a hunch (not proven by any means) that her family wasn't a typical cohesive family unit. That COULD explain some of her anxiety. But I feel she hit the nail on the head when she said she feels anxiety about being judged for being gay AND openly displaying affection. It seems Christian is her first homosexual experience and who wouldn't be a little weirded out by physical affection in front of cameras and millions of people when doing something so  foreign to you? And this totally explains her comment in the previews "heck, I don't care who sees this, I love this woman" (Paraphrased). Being with Derek is different than being with a woman, because people judge. It should not be this way but it is. When Demi's old confidence returns with her new romance, I will be happy for her!
I feel the same about Demi, and I actually think she is the MVP of Paradise, both as a comic relief, a voice of reason and by pushing limits that need to be pushed. It would not surprise me if a lot of her growth since Colton’s season comes from being with Kristian.

I can’t imagine how hard it would be to come out the way she did. As I am convinced that she wasn’t involved in “planning” what happened with Kristian coming down, she could not have anticipated how it would feel.
I think they are both very brave to stick it out on the show. They are doing a lot of good IMO.

And I feel a lot like Derek. It’s eye opening.

All JMO.

To the bold There are a lot of sources, including RS, that proves that to be a storyline that was put in place way before shooting took place. Demi has used her platform and her position as TPTB golden child to play that part. She may not have fully expected the consequences though and the complex feelings it brought up. But she absolutely knew that Kristian would be coming in, and the appeal of a possible public engagement worked for both parties. JMO
That doesn’t take away some of the courage she has to be exposing herself with such an intimate matter. The reality of living it is way different then the thought of it as a storyline, and that is where her immaturity played in to make choices without thinking through ALL the possible consequences. JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm

@blueblues Thanks for posting your thoughts and Derek's comments. I've told my family that if any of them are gay, I am so glad it is now and not when the social mores of the 60s and 70s made everyone live in the closet.

@Astrobach I agree that Demi could benefit from counseling. But that could be said for many contestants on this show - Blake, Dean, and so forth! I just can't fathom the engagements of Chris and Katie and Demi and Kristian lasting and hope they'll take their time and really get to know one another. I love how Kendall and Joe and Kevin and Astrid handled their time on Paradise segueing into a real relationship outside of the bubble. So much more realistic! So maybe Dean and Caelynn have a shot.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:33 pm

@Norcalgal Yes to all that!!! That’s why I’m enjoying the Australian Bach, they do NOT put that extra, unrealistic pressure of engagement, they don’t even have ‘Fantasy suite ‘ implying sexual encounters after a few hours spent together... their rate of successful relationships is much higher too.
I love how the (US ) couples who made it, were NOT ( mostly) the ones that followed the format dictated by TPTB . And I’m even also rooting for Dean and Caelynn now, despite their many flaws and past histories, they may make it. I do see very strong compatibility between them on their chart and was surprised by it. Dean showed a lot of guts but also self awareness in stating exactly where he stood with her. I think the very genuine vulnerability he showed was very appealing to Caelynn and touched her heart. They can make each other grow and become better people which is one of the great benefit of finding love.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 pm

I read a comment from someone who said that they experienced the same thing when coming out. It’s got to be hard for everything you do to suddenly be judged on a different level from before. Add that to the fear they feel prior to coming out and you've got a lot of emotions.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:03 pm

I don't remember where I read it, but I read that Kristian is not Demi's first relationship with a female. If I remember right (old brain here), she was with a girl when she was 19 or 20 years old.

Suffice it to say, I'm not buying the anxiety of PDA because she is with a woman. IMO, it was just to get more screen time because again IMO that is all she is after. She wants more than her 15 minutes and by bringing on her girlfriend... and staying, she is getting that. Getting engaged on the beach and again at the reunion will bring even more. Just look at all the articles out there.

Not a fan of Demi.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 pm

How is JPJ so untanned after all the time on the beach? He looks downright pastey, at least on my TV.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:26 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:I don't remember where I read it, but I read that Kristian is not Demi's first relationship with a female. If I remember right (old brain here), she was with a girl when she was 19 or 20 years old.

Suffice it to say, I'm not buying the anxiety of PDA because she is with a woman.  IMO, it was just to get more screen time because again IMO that is all she is after.   She wants more than her 15 minutes and by bringing on her girlfriend... and staying, she is getting that.  Getting engaged on the beach and again at the reunion will bring even more.  Just look at all the articles out there.

Not a fan of Demi.

Yes. I believe RS has the info that Demi was in a same sex relationship before Kristian, so I am not buying what she is selling. She has been there done that. Also told people before the show even started that her girlfriend was joining her in paradise. Naturally, she denies it now, but there was plenty of talk about all of this long before the show even started filming. Tanner was one of the only BN people who called her out on it because he had heard that as well and confirmed RS' info. She then went on the attack. Shocking!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Connor leaves after waiting for Whitney. Naturally, she shows up just after he leaves and then she goes off looking for him. Not at all a set up by producers.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 pm

I agree that the Connor/Whitney just missing each other in Paradise was set up by TPTB. Consider the room (suite!) they put Connor in at the hotel. No way everyone gets a room like that when they leave.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:I don't remember where I read it, but I read that Kristian is not Demi's first relationship with a female. If I remember right (old brain here), she was with a girl when she was 19 or 20 years old.

Suffice it to say, I'm not buying the anxiety of PDA because she is with a woman.  IMO, it was just to get more screen time because again IMO that is all she is after.   She wants more than her 15 minutes and by bringing on her girlfriend... and staying, she is getting that.  Getting engaged on the beach and again at the reunion will bring even more.  Just look at all the articles out there.

Not a fan of Demi.

IA with all of this.I'm tired of her and her shenanigans. More so, IMHO TPTB are using her to show just how diverse they are. no no

IA @Norcalgal I have a very good friend who's son is gay. He went through hell during his school years. His father couldn't accept it, broke up the marriage. That was many years ago. He is a very successful young man today. I have a couple of family members, who are gay and know of another gay couple that are married. They have not experienced the same shaming as my friend's son had in the past, so I hope it's because it's more accepted that love is love.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm

I missed the first part of this conversation with Clay and Nicole. There was a weather warning.

All I heard was her wanting some reassurance and him saying that he was starting to fall in love but wasn't there yet.

She doesn't want to get engaged to someone who is unsure? You think??? Why would you even contemplate getting engaged to someone who wasn't in love with you?

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 74 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 68 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+60
leavers
whit90
Fleurdesel
nikikass
allykat