SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 29 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by alwayscooking Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Why not just give the judges full control? I mean if they don't like who the fans vote to keep safe then give it all to the judges to decide. Let's face it, it's not a fair dance competition, it's a popularity contest, who has the largest fan base.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 29 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:28 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-dwts-apos-sean-spicer-185706726.html

Im sorry for Lindsay's loss, and I guess they kinda have to use a replacement for Lindsay, but boy it woulda been great if the team just would've had to drop out completely.  Jmo. And I guess the spicer fans will be that much more revved up to vote given this seeming handicap of being without his usual partner yet again. ( even though jenna did great.)
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm

I haven’t watched much this season but I remember on American Idol that the judges would not criticize as much with certain bad but popular singers so they wouldn’t trigger the pity vote. It could be what they’re doing with Sean because it doesn’t really matter what they score him as long as it’s always the bottom.

I think they need to rethink their voting system again. Leaving out the west coast doesn’t make sense.  They could have the person go home at the beginning of the next episode, couldn’t they? no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Billysmom wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-dwts-apos-sean-spicer-185706726.html

Im sorry for Lindsay's loss, and I guess they kinda have to use a replacement for Lindsay, but boy it woulda been great if the team just would've had to drop out completely.  Jmo. And I guess the spicer fans will be that much more revved up to vote given this seeming handicap of being without his usual partner yet again. ( even though jenna did great.)
They've always brought in replacement pros when one has been injured in the past so it wouldn't have been fair to Sean to just dump him from the competition (which is what some people wanted).  Now if he would have chosen to drop out, then that would be his decision.  He's not dropping out. He's making money and at this point, he has the votes to stay.  He's not going anywhere until F4 IMO.

albean99 wrote:
I think they need to rethink their voting system again. Leaving out the west coast doesn’t make sense.  They could have the person go home at the beginning of the next episode, couldn’t they? no idea

The west coast is not left out.  They can still vote. They just don't see the dances before they do.  Nothing against you in general, I'm just tired of seeing so many people complaining about the west coast not being able to vote.  They can vote. There is not a block on their phone numbers or their IP addresses that prohibits them from voting.

Is it fair? No. But they are not left out.  It is their choice whether they vote or not.  

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm

If I lived on the West coast I wouldn't bother voting or watching. I wouldn't care if I was "able" to vote. I would "feel" left out because what would I actually be voting for? Last weeks' performance, or my favourite contestant even though he/she shouldn't get the vote?

It's ridiculous IMHO and it's even more concerning that some head honcho has agreed to this system.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:36 am

@GuardianAngel Thanks for sticking up for us west-coasters!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:45 am

It’s also the mountain time zone they get to see only the first hour before voting closes.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 pm

As I said before, it is not fair at all.  I agree with you there.  But the sentiment that the pacific time zone CANNOT VOTE is NOT TRUE. They can if they choose to.

I do agree that this was a boneheaded move.  Heck, I live in eastern time zone, watch the show and still don't vote.  I don't like that you can no longer vote by calling a phone number.  But that is my choice.  Belly aching about it on message boards (not just this one) isn't going to change it.  In the long run, TPTB don't care. They think they know best.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:32 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:As I said before, it is not fair at all.  I agree with you there.  But the sentiment that the pacific time zone CANNOT VOTE is NOT TRUE. They can if they choose to.

I do agree that this was a boneheaded move.  Heck, I live in eastern time zone, watch the show and still don't vote.  I don't like that you can no longer vote by calling a phone number.  But that is my choice.  Belly aching about it on message boards (not just this one) isn't going to change it. In the long run, TPTB don't care. They think they know best.

IMO
Re the bold, IMO folks should continue to complain about the format if they don’t like it be it on Twitter or via message boards.  If the producers didn’t care then they would not have altered this season’s format based on the Bobby Bones debacle last year. Albeit the change they made this season has resulted in more angst and the ratings continue to nose dive. Complaining without offering solutions is what is futile IMO. I have seen folks proposing different solutions to how the scoring can be done better on our forum here and on SM at large and IMO the producers are aware and will hopefully make another change next season that is if the show lives to make it, we shall find out next year when ABC presents their fall season upfronts DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 29 2498057887

Last edited by mercieme on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm

@mercieme

You do realize that the winner last year was BOBBY BONES, not Bobby Jones?

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:51 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:@mercieme

You do realize that the winner last year was BOBBY BONES, not Bobby Jones?
Yep, was a typo which i will fix pronto now, thanks.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by pwgolfer Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Everyone has their favorites and they vote for whom they want. I'm not a Hannah fan so don't vote for her. I think all the whining she did the week before last week got her better scores then she deserved last Monday. Happens every year, someone whines and next week they get better scores. Case in point (Carrie Ann falling all over Hannah Monday night). Same ole, same ole. Just my opinion.
I think the voting should be to vote for who we think should be eliminated that week. It would be process of elimination. Instead of the votes being spread out over many good contestants, the votes would maybe eliminate the dancers not as good. May we fairer. JMO.

pwgolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+44
bluwavz
beader
USAGold
Just Looking
LoveDovez