SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Doggoneit Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:23 pm

@Sprite I agree. I always fall asleep before the end and have to finish the next day. i can see that their is a legitimate disadvantage to Closing the show!

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:35 pm

I agree with you guys.  In a way it is just encouraging people to vote without actually watching dances.  Just imagine if someone has a horrible dance with a major flub or fall, getting the lowest scores of the night (say 2's or 3's compared to 7's or 8's) but because of fan base are not eliminated.

Someone elsewhere said that the fan votes should be a "4th judge".  Rumor is the votes are 50% of the calculation with the judges having the other 50%.  Way too much weight IMO.  If they were a "4th judge", that would only be 25% and the 3 actual judges score would have more weight.

I am not even voting.  I have always had trouble with voting on the website and I refuse to use text messaging for something like this.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:I agree with you guys.  In a way it is just encouraging people to vote without actually watching dances.  Just imagine if someone has a horrible dance with a major flub or fall, getting the lowest scores of the night (say 2's or 3's compared to 7's or 8's) but because of fan base are not eliminated.

Someone elsewhere said that the fan votes should be a "4th judge".  Rumor is the votes are 50% of the calculation with the judges having the other 50%.  Way too much weight IMO.  If they were a "4th judge", that would only be 25% and the 3 actual judges score would have more weight.

I am not even voting.  I have always had trouble with voting on the website and I refuse to use text messaging for something like this.

I don't have a problem with the votes being 50/50 if the judges can then save one of the lowest two if they want. That way, the more deserving team is still safe. It's when you are basically encouraging people to vote for something they haven't even seen, then what is the point? Let everyone vote. Have the voting be open for 6 hours or 8 hours after the show so that you are not just getting fans blindly voting and turning off the audience even more than they already are.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:39 pm

yep I voted on Monday without seeing any dances. no no Sure I could watch on a live feed but I do that with The Voice instead. I agree with you @Sprite.

The judges save is like SYTYCD which is good, only difference is DWTS judges vote on their own. As long as they don't vote by their favorites of the two then this should work out.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 8367-910 DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 I_got_13 DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 E5kqdm15 DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Sprite wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:I agree with you guys.  In a way it is just encouraging people to vote without actually watching dances.  Just imagine if someone has a horrible dance with a major flub or fall, getting the lowest scores of the night (say 2's or 3's compared to 7's or 8's) but because of fan base are not eliminated.

I don't have a problem with the votes being 50/50 if the judges can then save one of the lowest two if they want. That way, the more deserving team is still safe. It's when you are basically encouraging people to vote for something they haven't even seen, then what is the point? Let everyone vote. Have the voting be open for 6 hours or 8 hours after the show so that you are not just getting fans blindly voting and turning off the audience even more than they already are.

They are still going to have the issue of large fan bases taking a contestant farther in the competition than they should go with this voting system.  And, supposedly that is the reason they changed the voting system.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Ray and Cheryl are withdrawing from the competition tonight due to an injury.

https://www.etonline.com/ray-lewis-and-cheryl-burke-to-withdraw-from-dancing-with-the-stars-monday-night-exclusive-133460

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:29 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:Ray and Cheryl are withdrawing from the competition tonight due to an injury.

https://www.etonline.com/ray-lewis-and-cheryl-burke-to-withdraw-from-dancing-with-the-stars-monday-night-exclusive-133460

That is good cause it means there will be no elimination tonight
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Per Yahoo, Carrie Ann isn't happy with the new scoring rules.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/carrie-ann-inaba-not-thrilled-233000888.html

(Mods please delete if I didn't do this correctly. Thanks.)

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:28 pm

So far Lauren Alaina wobbled a bit and I think her score was rather high, Hannah’s score was ok, judges were right that she had no hip action going on....a better slower song could have helped her to get the hips going more IMO, but she needs to be better at Latin overall though her cha cha was decent IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:38 pm

The audience is too quick to boo, imo.

Hannah did good but I agree on the more hip action comments.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 pm

A better song choice for the Rumba for Ally IMO, and there we have the hip action. And well deserved scores. Waiting to see how James does the Rumba, I think he has the song “Shallow”, another good song choice IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:06 pm

mercieme wrote:A better song choice for the Rumba for Ally IMO, and there we have the hip action. And well deserved scores. Waiting to see how James does the Rumba, I think he has the song “Shallow”, another good song choice IMO.

That was a better song for the rumba, but I still didn't think he had that much hip action. It was good, but not great, but then I always think this is one of the hardest dances.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+44
bluwavz
beader
USAGold
Just Looking
LoveDovez