SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 20 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:39 pm

jen689 wrote:
mbl wrote:My question still stands. If you are someone who believes that sex should only occur within the confines of marriage, why would you pursue a man who does not believe that?...
Madi is young and not at a stage in her life where she's ready for marriage. She had other motives for being a contestant. She wanted to have the experience of being part of a reality TV show, develop new friendships, to use her exposure for promotional and income opportunities. If she does become F1 she can date Pete for a while if he respects her boundaries. Pete isn't her forever person JMO

Totally agree with you here jen689. I saw a company on IG she is modeling for. They sell all sorts of products geared for her university students and faith-based items too and Madi is all over their page. I think once contestants are free to do promotions she will promote their products on her IG as the company has influencers and already a “Madison’s Picks” section on their website. Madi has the followers who will be their future customers. I think Madi will go on to bigger companies and she will do very well for herself as a Christian social media influencer.

Also, I read on Reddit yesterday that as per new contracts they can’t start promoting things on social media for 3 months after the show ends. Not sure if that is for current contestants or next season’s contestants. jmo

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:41 pm

I like to think that anyone can go on this show regardless of their sexual experience or lack of. Why is it ok for bachelor leads to be a virgin or saving themselves for marriage to go on this show? We had a virgin lead who's F1 was ok with that. We had a lead who was waiting for marriage and his F1 was ok with that.

Madi IMHO has every right to go on the show because she has every right to abstain from sex in the FS and beyond if she chooses. If Peter is falling in love with her and is not happy about no sex till marriage, he can let her go.

The percentage of contestants that go on this show to find love is very low IMHO. That's not the main reason, for many, to go on the show in the first place. There are many contestants who are still single, shilling making a fortune, started new careers because of the show, or have gone back to their regular jobs and some still don't act like they are ready for marriage. I don't see what the difference is if Madi' dates someone who was sexually active, is she not allowed to date him either?

Madi IMHO has the right to choose when she feels it's necessary to tell Peter, not when someone dictates it to her. If that is a big issue for him, and he let her go for that reason, IMHO he wouldn't be worth keeping. I'm of the opinion you don't need to have sex to determine if you're going to fall in love with someone. If Peter thinks it's important, then he can let her go. IMHO it was a non issue for him since he appears to fight till the end. Sean Lowe didn't have sex, he is married together with his wife have three beautiful children.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
atem wrote:I cannot believe there is so many posts about Madi with nothing but a commercial and episode description  and we have facts about VF and how her date goes and it's like crickets.  The HTD episode is going to be the VF show not Madi.
Madi will have a big part in how this season ends Victoria F will not.  I think it makes sense there is more talk about Madi.  All IMO
And there was also already a lot of discussion about VF, her hometown date, and her reputation back when it was filmed and we first heard all the information. We haven't learned anything new about it since then so there's no need to rehash conversations that have been going on since October. Whereas we didn't know much about the extent of Madison's faith or her virginity back then, so it makes sense that would be the main topic of conversation now since it was really only introduced to us last episode. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:56 pm

There has been a question as to Madi’s motivation for going on the show because some things haven’t added up with her. It is a topic of discussion to make sense of it.

Having been a part of the type of faith community she is from I don’t believe she ever intended to get engaged to, let alone marry, Peter unless he totally changes his life. Chances of that happening are probably rather slim. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 pm

As far as Madi being ready for marriage... a couple of my kids have gone to school in the south- and marriage is considered a lot younger in TN, AL, SC... even NC than in other parts of the country. So I think Madi would consider herself ready for marriage. Clearly, she was aware that Peter was sexually active before her appearance on the Bachelor. But I think she's expecting (though not giving an ultimatum) that if she's his choice, he wouldn't have intercourse with the others. If she's his choice, then he wouldn't care to. However, I can see that if she found out that he had sex with one of the other women at the same time he said he loved her, then he is not all in on her. At that point, if she bailed on him, I understand. He proved to her he's not ready to commit to her. If/when he chases her down, he'll have his chance to prove it to her.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Did anyone get a cap of the Instagram story from one of Peter's friends watching the show? I think it was the 2nd or 3rd episode. They had some drinking game with how many times Peter would make out, touch someone's butt, etc. It was very crude. I recall reading 'Sorry Luke P' on it with how much drinking is involved or whatever. It just really seemed odd to me that Peter and his friends are still so obsessed with Luke P and Luke P hasn't said anything about the show.

People started spreading it around and Peter ended up unfollowing the two friends.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:07 am

Madi was obviously entitled to talk about it whenever she wished to, but IMO before hometowns would have been a better point to do it. From the previews, it looks like even her family questions her about that. To me, telling someone about your virginity is a part of the "getting to know you" process. IMO it should happen before you get on a plane to go meet your partner's family and talk to their parents about a possible marriage. If I were Madi's parent, and he was asking for permission to marry her, and didn't know that she's a virgin, I would tell him that he needs to know her a whole lot better before talking marriage.

It easily could have come up as a topic while they were discussing their religious faith on their second one-on-one.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:06 am

This is a quote from Peter when he was first picked in what he wanted in a partner. Sounds like Madi, but who knows with Peter.

"Obviously it sounds cliche but [I'm looking for] that girl [who] is my best friend," he said. "You are just so madly in love with her and you can't believe that you were lucky enough to find her and spend the rest of your life with her. The girl that is as thirsty for adventure as I am and just constantly exploring and never is gonna lose that. A girl that family is extremely important to her because for me coming from such a close family that's that's my rock."

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:46 am

atem wrote:This is a quote from Peter when he was first picked in what he wanted in a partner.  Sounds like Madi, but who knows with Peter.

"Obviously it sounds cliche but [I'm looking for] that girl [who] is my best friend," he said. "You are just so madly in love with her and you can't believe that you were lucky enough to find her and spend the rest of your life with her. The girl that is as thirsty for adventure as I am and just constantly exploring and never is gonna lose that. A girl that family is extremely important to her because for me coming from such a close family that's that's my rock."

This defines almost every girl. Even Kelsey. She isn’t close with her father but is with rest her family.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:01 pm

jcrbil wrote:As far as Madi being ready for marriage... a couple of my kids have gone to school in the south- and marriage is considered a lot younger in TN, AL, SC... even NC than in other parts of the country.  So I think Madi would consider herself ready for marriage.  snipped ...

I remember working with a woman on the west coast who was 23 and married. She told me that all her college friends were married - by the time she was 25, she was already a mom, joining the ranks of the path her college friends followed, too. I personally find it fascinating to see the many facets of values that the contestants bring to the show. I can't relate as well to the younger girls who say they are ready for marriage but it's their choice.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Norcalgal wrote:
jcrbil wrote:As far as Madi being ready for marriage... a couple of my kids have gone to school in the south- and marriage is considered a lot younger in TN, AL, SC... even NC than in other parts of the country.  So I think Madi would consider herself ready for marriage.  snipped ...

I remember working with a woman on the west coast who was 23 and married. She told me that all her college friends were married - by the time she was 25, she was already a mom, joining the ranks of the path her college friends followed, too. I personally find it fascinating to see the many facets of values that the contestants bring to the show. I can't relate as well to the younger girls who say they are ready for marriage but it's their choice.

There are definitely differences in different regions of the country, but IMO it really does come down to the individual as to whether they are ready for marriage at 19 or 29.  Their upbringing is IMO a definite factor as well.  I worked with a girl that married her only "boyfriend" at the age of 19. They were from a small Evangelical Christian church community in our area. Think of the ones where the women only wear dresses or skirts/long sleeved tops and never cut their hair.  The guy was also a member of the same church, in fact, his grandparents owned the company I worked for. His mother was raised Catholic but turned to this church after marriage, later in life.  Jason and Renee knew nothing different so got married on his 19th birthday.  Word got out that she cried on her honeymoon because she missed mom and dad.  That was in 2002.  3 children later (first one within a year of marriage), they are still together and very happy.  Back then those of us that knew both of them said neither one of them was ready for marriage.  They proved us wrong.

But then I've also know 28-30 year olds that are no where near ready for marriage.  Heck a guy I graduated still has a maturity level of being in high school and we had our 45th class reunion this past summer.  He is also on his 2nd marriage because he definitely wasn't ready during his first.

During Becca's season, I could see that Garrett was ready for a relationship but Blake... no way. He was a party boy no matter how much he said he wanted to get married and have a family. They were the same age at the time.  IMO, it was the background influences that was the difference.

Even though Madi is one of the younger ones this season, she seems more mature than some of the girls that are older.  If I didn't know her age, I would think she was late 20's.  Hannah Ann... nope, she seems very young as did MyKenna.  I can believe that Madi is ready for marriage though I don't think Peter will be the one.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:29 pm

I think Madi is perfectly interested in getting married. It’s not about age. She is looking for a spiritual leader—someone like Sean Lowe. Peter is not a spiritual leader and anyone from Madi’s spiritual subculture can see this a mile away. If Peter steps up and becomes the spiritual leader she may consider it but I highly doubt that will happen. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+80
Lucas15
dee
Jaybird
iamreal2u
Parrots Hilton