SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 76 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Agent99 wrote:Can anyone see a rose on Ciarran (or anybody for that matter) in any of the cocktail party clips for this episode?  

No but Scot and Ciarran definitely win the dog competition and Scot doesn't have a rose so I presume Ciarran gets the SQT and would receive one and it's just obscured in the promo.

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Fp3Qcda

Source

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 RncLcN9

Source

Usually not giving someone a rose is a sign they are about to be eliminated IMO and Ciarran still has a lot of airtime and a SD still to come so I'd be shocked if he doesn't get one.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Agent99 Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Thanks @mercieme  @Bobette.  I am very much wondering who gets the next date Smiley

BTW ever since you mentioned Icetv Bobette, I've become addicted to their descriptions.  I can't wait for the 'secret passion' Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 3806527698

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 JejSokt
Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 DYNUydF
Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:15 pm

@Agent99 IceTV descriptions are the BEST!  It must take hours to craft those poetic little vignettes. Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 3806527698

I'm also curious about the sneaky pash - at this stage of the season they work to quickly to establish the "ones to watch" so it'll be one of the main players IMO.  I'm thinking Timm since that would set up his SD which IMO will be ep 4.

Re: ep 3 SD I agree with @mercieme it makes sense to be Jackson or Matty.  Probably Jackson IMO since he has more SCs, he got the penguin single photoshoot last ep, and he isn't on the episode 4 group date (painting) but Matty is.  

I think the crux of ep 3 will be the "threat" of Ryan's arrival so they wouldn't need a significant SD that ep IMO.  Makes sense to schedule a drama-free date with with Jackson, which will also cement his position in the Top 4 IMO.

ETA: Actually, Jackson isn't wearing a rose on his lapel at the CP so my theory is not looking good.  giggling

Matty then?  That fits since he was Brad's first pick and they could do something high energy to contrast with the slow/quiet ep 1 SD, but weird there are no SCs of Matty with Angie...  Maybe no kiss, so nothing to put in the trailer?

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 X5cENdI

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:37 am

Guide for Episode 5 (next Wed - 23rd Oct)

After a group date where the boys are asked to write and perform a stand-up comedy routine, tensions rise and jealousy flares at the cocktail party as the boys continue to vie for time with Angie.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:25 am

So I rewatched the two eps today to try and pick up on anything missed and get a better read on the Carlin-Angie dynamic which doesn't seem a natural fit to me at this early stage, all a bit chalk-and-cheese. Current thoughts-

Angie (slash producers) reaaaaallly does hammer home that she wants someone who is her match as a goofball/crazy/awkward/weirdo/'different bunch' etc. etc. in ep 1. Even with all the editing and post production, they chose to keep references to that all throughout the episode as in the promos, it's Angie's 'theme' IMO. Even the start of Ep 2 opens with Angie saying "Strap yourself in Australia, this awkward goofball is going on her very first date" (to the camp thing with Carlin)...

Unless there is some epic editing or a mega surprise coming, IMO Carlin does not seem remotely goofball/crazy/weirdo/awkward/etc., he seems like a lovely, fairly calm, conventional type. Brad also described Carlin as a "super genuine, super nice", calm guy who he "couldn't see getting angry or anything like that", and then interestingly Angie then asks him 'but did he have bants?' which I think means 'banter', like fun/playfulness which they both said is important in their family, and Brad replies 'he's a little low on it' - not exactly sure if that's what she said but sounds like it, and if so, further indicates Carlin does not fit the characteristics she littered throughout ep 1 and start of ep 2 which are Angie's 'theme' of both who she is and who she wants in her match. Rather, he seems the lovely, calm, nice guy type and I assume we will see much more 'lovely guy' edit to come.
So - at this point Angie's narration is heavily about she is a weird goofball (etc.) and she can't wait to meet her equally weird/awkward/crazy etc. match. Carlin is presenting/being presented as none of those things. -IF- that is all accurate, how does he end up as F1?

1. 'You can't choose who you love' scenario - just natural chemistry/feelings between them (I don't see it yet but assume as usual we will by the end)
2. He wasn't meant to be F1 / something went awry along the way - I personally can't see how they could do an entirely fake ending but maybe it's been done before in US franchise or elsewhere?
3. Angie didn't really find her perfect guy among the group, so landed on her best option out of the bunch as she had to for the show, but it wasn't a great match.
4. Angie decides to try being with someone who is the completely different from what she thought she wanted, and it may or may not work in the real world, or may have already dissolved - this theory might fit with her interview comments about having 'learned a lot about herself', and would also fit in with what seems to be the re-filmed narration points post-production (the black top with the rings as spotted by a couple of you clever peeps in the SC thread). Therefore the overarching narrative of the season would be 'I came in here thinking I wanted XYZ, but I've realised that what is perfect for me is really ABC and that is Carlin - cue F1 music', and there are hints of this narrative already in Angie's voice overs.
5. A combo of the above... or something else entirely.
Either way, IMO there is a real disconnect, at this point, between the 'bogan bachelorette', 'inappropriate bachelorette', crazy/weirdo/etc. etc. labels that Angie and producers heavily place on both herself and her description of her perfect match, and who Carlin presents as so far, so I'm curious to see how they bridge the seemingly vast divide, how the love story evolves and if they work in the real world/are still together.
All JMO.
Phew that's a lot of words, thanks for letting me get that all off my chest  Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 2622943811  giggling

Side note - Brad is just gorgeous and their sibling relationship is super lovely - is he single?! Next Bach contender!  :sprinklehearts

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:37 am

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by najpoziomka Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 am

remember when georgia used to say she wanted someone who would play and sing to her.. yeah, then she picked lee who cant sing to save his life
i dont know what is up yet with this season
maybe they edited who she wants to diverse attention from carlin and for people to assume he is not f1, but if it is timm in f2 people will assume it’s him as f1, so it will be more of a surprise who is the actual f1
najpoziomka
najpoziomka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm

@najpoziomka Angie was on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here earlier this year - before she even knew she'd be offered the role of Bachelorette - and she said the exact same things about wanting someone funny/crazy/daggy so it's definitely not a diversion IMO.

In one episode one of her camp-mates asked her about her exes, what she wanted in a partner etc and her answer was identical to what she said in pre-show interviews and at the start of episode 1.  She said humour is her big thing and "they must be funnier than me".

She also said her exes have been multiracial and her "celebrity crush" looks-wise would be someone like Lenny Kravitz, so IMO the casting team had the ideal opportunity to assemble a more diverse cast but chose not to (which is an ongoing issue with the AU show IMO).

How Angie was at the start of ep 1 is also consistent with how she was on Gogglebox during her four years on that show.  They often had Bach/Bette segments and Carlin is the kind of guy she would have rolled her eyes at IMO, especially during that guitar stunt.  

In pre-show interviews Angie was talking about wanting someone to make her laugh and "just chill" with, and now post-show she's talking about having "talks and debates" with F1.  If she was truly happy with her choice she wouldn't be speaking like that IMO.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Interesting @Bobette. I think I find it interesting / curious because even with the ample editing opportunities, storyboarding etc., TPTB chose to keep in the 'can't wait to find my kooky/very funny/weird/crazy/awkward match' narrative.
It would be super easy to have just made it to be 'I, Angie, am kooky/weird/etc., and my past love history is X, but now I just want to find a good man with >insert generic good qualities<, and I can't wait to meet him' - a lot more like Sophie's narrative I think. That would have been a much broader net and easier to work in whoever F1 ends up being IMO. But they kept in that much more specific narrative. Curious to see why!

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 am

Another preview.... Jamie breaking the bro code laugh out loud
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3psfFQlvVr/

@Bobette, Ciarran is fully shown in preview with no rose, are we sure he got the SQT from the dog park GD?

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 am

mercieme wrote:Another preview.... Jamie breaking the bro code laugh out loud
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3psfFQlvVr/

@Bobette, Ciarran is fully shown in preview with no rose, are we sure he got the SQT from the dog park GD?

No, nothing confirmed - it was just a guess from the pap pics.  I can't see a rose on anyone.  Interesting Matty isn't shown at all...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:49 am

Ok thanks....I think Matt got the SD tonight and I am really looking forward to seeing him with Angie as Matt seems really sweet IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 76 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+37
Ule.m
Fermont girl
Loulou
Fan4life
jenski_tas
BadDayBadDayBOOMGoodDay
Storybook
Jolena
Just Looking
Norcalgal
Sprite