SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Vjeff wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
Missnair wrote:Though I am not a fan of Abbie, I feel for her. The producers actually played her. 

Producers playing her and her blaming producers is not gonna work if she chooses to go BACK for more on BIP with those same producers.

It's all for building her brand imo. She's not interested in anything else but that imo and nothing wrong with that. 

But zero sympathy from me for contestants who blame producers or edit or whatever and then choose to go back on another show for more

Really? Then why is Abbie the only one to continue her career post-show while the rest have been attempting to live off social media...

The bolded that Abby is the "only one to continue her career post-show" is literally 100% not true and is false. Chelsie went back to her job being a chemical engineer the day she got back from filming.

Also, it is Abbie herself who has been saying in interviews that she will go back on with these same producers. SHE is the one who wants to go back on these shows and have more of it.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

thebachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Zaynab Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Just to note Abbie and Chelsie are both following each other on IG. Also Abbie said in one of her interviews she can see them all hanging out once time passes.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:30 pm

I really like Chelsie, so authentic and real.

Do you think she’s the most beloved f1?

I don’t dislike Abbie. I think she’s pretty and full of energy. The problem for me personally is she oversells the sexual chemistry. Someone says somewhere that she’s a one trick pony and I kind of agree with that in the sense I get tired of their physical chemistry quickly.

I don’t mind Helena being the bachelorette. I’d like to see her being pursued by 20+ men, and if she can still maintain her icy princess persona.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:46 pm

sdmom wrote:I actually agree with Abbie that being 23 is not her fault, she can’t change her age! I think Matt was attracted to her and enjoyed spending time with her. I wonder if Chelsie wasn’t on the show, would he choose her, Helena or Elly?

If Chelsea wasn't cast they would have just cast another Hot Scientist in her place IMO.  IMO they cast 1-2 people for the Lead, and the rest are there to fulfil roles.  If it was the same cast minus Chelsea, IMO F1 probably would have been Abbie, since his friend Jason said she is his type and exactly like all his exes.  Elly was never a contender and friend zoned from day 1 IMO.

Helena was probably IMO the other F1 casting choice and I think would have been a lot less icy if she'd felt like she was the favourite.  Since she was from WA she could also have been cast with Todd in mind as Lead (ditto Abbie IMO).  I don't think Helena would be offered Bette because she seemed difficult to work with and TPTB prefer meat puppets who do as they're told.

Zaynab wrote:Just to note Abbie and Chelsie are both following each other on IG. Also Abbie said in one of her interviews she can see them all hanging out once time passes.

This is the point IMO.  Matt has said only positive things about Abbie.  His friend confirmed she is the kind of girl he usually goes for, so he wasn't manipulated into liking her, IMO.  He said at the FRC that he took Abbie to F2 because there was a real connection, and IMO seemed no less genuine saying it than when he told Chelsie he loved her.  

Aside from certain MOT contestants who IMO are desperately trying anything to stay in the spotlight *cough Sogand cough*, most of the girls who lived with and actually know Abbie seem to like her just fine - even the F1.  And if she's being invited to BiP the producers must like her as well, so I don't see the justification for demonising or mocking her.

It's as if vilifying the F2 somehow elevates the F1/Lead relationship and makes it more pure and worthy because they survived the wrath of the evil She Devil with her sexy superpowers.  Rolling Eyes  Abbie is Matt's normal type, she provided a contrast to Chelsea, and he certainly seemed to enjoy her company, so she seems like a perfectly valid F2 to me.

Vjeff wrote:I don't understand why he says he didn't watch the show when he clearly did laugh out loud

I agree @Vjeff he definitely did - saying he didn't was just a convenient way of dodging awkward questions IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:51 pm

It's as if vilifying the F2 somehow elevates the F1/Lead relationship and makes it more pure and worthy
Quoted from @bobette

This happens too often in US threads, IMO, and it doesn’t have to be f2 being vilified, it could be any contestants. I am sometimes guilty that I pick a favorite and defends him/her. So AU is a much more refreshing experience for me, and it doesn’t hurt f1 is so wholesome Hugesmile

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:04 pm

@sdmom I totally get people having favourites - the show is deliberately crafted to encourage it and I have favourites too.  I just don't think X needs to be bad for Y to be good, IYKWIM, and that often seems to be how it ends up (e.g. the dreaded Teams  thebachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 19 1f62c )
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:51 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
Missnair wrote:Though I am not a fan of Abbie, I feel for her. The producers actually played her. 

Producers playing her and her blaming producers is not gonna work if she chooses to go BACK for more on BIP with those same producers.

It's all for building her brand imo. She's not interested in anything else but that imo and nothing wrong with that. 

But zero sympathy from me for contestants who blame producers or edit or whatever and then choose to go back on another show for more

Really? Then why is Abbie the only one to continue her career post-show while the rest have been attempting to live off social media...

The bolded that Abby is the "only one to continue her career post-show" is literally 100% not true and is false. Chelsie went back to her job being a chemical engineer the day she got back from filming.

Also, it is Abbie herself who has been saying in interviews that she will go back on with these same producers. SHE is the one who wants to go back on these shows and have more of it.

jmo

I meant from the runners up who are desperately trying to Cling to fame - Elly, Monqiue, Sogand, etc doing Instagram Q&As every second. It was a generalisation but I just don't see how people can say Abbie was building a profile when she is the only one not trying to act like an 'influencer.'
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:30 am

I don't know if this is the right thread but yesterday someone posted the youtube video's of Matt and Chelsie's dates . can someone direct me to that page if it's in this thread. , I went back several pages and can't find them. 
TIA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:37 am

@Jolena I don’t know about YouTube, but this IG fan account has lots videos of them

https://www.instagram.com/mattandchelsie/

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 am

Glad we got a happy couple this time but was disappointed to see that ratings for the penultimate and finale see both down on the Badge's episodes. Hope that doesn't discourage them from using normal people.
https://mumbrella.com.au/1-17m-metro-viewers-tune-in-to-watch-the-bachelor-select-his-winner-599039
https://mumbrella.com.au/760000-metro-viewers-tune-in-for-the-bachelors-penultimate-episode-598845
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:39 am

sdmom wrote:I really like Chelsie, so authentic and real.
Do you think she’s the most beloved f1?

IMHO Anna from Tim Robard's season (Bachelor AU season 1) might be the most beloved. She has had an active social media presence. F! Sam Frost from Bachelor AU season 2 would have held that crown after being dumped before the finale aired, whet on to be the Bachelorette but she and her chosen broke up 1-2 years later. She was so authentic, very pretty, loads of fun but carried some heavy emotional baggage. Chelsie may grow even more on everyone as her personality comes out. She wasn't the liveliest cracker in the house.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:22 pm

msjr wrote:
Zaynab wrote:I really think Abbie’s downfall was her relationship with the women, because say if just the physical stuff was shown IMO no one would’ve cared because they’ve shown relationships on the AU bachelor where there was a lot of physical aspects. Abbie has said in her interviews and comment replies on IG, that these ideas of her where perpetuated by the girls in the house so that it became since one or two of the girls were shown to say she is fake/manipulative after that all the viewers didn’t take anything at face value but with the view of what the girls called her. I really feel like if she got along with the girls her edit would’ve just been the physical which she herself has said didn’t bother her but obviously they don’t show a lot of which happens on everyone’s dates. Like Abbie said her and Chelsie were friends they just had different approaches to the situation. Abbie also said in an interview she did joke a lot but many of the girls took the things she said seriously, she said she’d joke that there always BIP and stuff.

Yes. I didn't care about her physicality, because after watching so many seasons of this franchise that sort of thing is old news at this point. I have seen plenty of leads and contestants like that.  I just found her to be obnoxious in her approach to the show and the other women. And I don't think it was all editing. The editing can exaggerate one aspect of your personality to make it seem like that is all you are, but rarely can it create something out of nothing.

Her ITM responses about Matt’s female friend in the final epi were really awful IMO. Abbie appears to have no concept of why it would be important to build a relationship with a woman who Matt values. I found it strange. Abbie’s approach when some of the women in the house challenged her is an entirely different context than being snide about Matt’s valued friend yet she behaved the same.
Very self-centered JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+33
Idlemess
notarose
msjr
mercieme
Pswright80