SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Vjeff Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm

notarose wrote:
msjr wrote:
Zaynab wrote:I really think Abbie’s downfall was her relationship with the women, because say if just the physical stuff was shown IMO no one would’ve cared because they’ve shown relationships on the AU bachelor where there was a lot of physical aspects. Abbie has said in her interviews and comment replies on IG, that these ideas of her where perpetuated by the girls in the house so that it became since one or two of the girls were shown to say she is fake/manipulative after that all the viewers didn’t take anything at face value but with the view of what the girls called her. I really feel like if she got along with the girls her edit would’ve just been the physical which she herself has said didn’t bother her but obviously they don’t show a lot of which happens on everyone’s dates. Like Abbie said her and Chelsie were friends they just had different approaches to the situation. Abbie also said in an interview she did joke a lot but many of the girls took the things she said seriously, she said she’d joke that there always BIP and stuff.

Yes. I didn't care about her physicality, because after watching so many seasons of this franchise that sort of thing is old news at this point. I have seen plenty of leads and contestants like that.  I just found her to be obnoxious in her approach to the show and the other women. And I don't think it was all editing. The editing can exaggerate one aspect of your personality to make it seem like that is all you are, but rarely can it create something out of nothing.

Her ITM responses about Matt’s female friend in the final epi were really awful IMO. Abbie appears to have no concept of why it would be important to build a relationship with a woman who Matt values. I found it strange. Abbie’s approach when some of the women in the house challenged her is an entirely different context than being snide about Matt’s valued friend yet she behaved the same.
Very self-centered JMO

That woman was really awful to her though. To sit her down and then literally walk off because she is 23?! With Chelsie they were smiling and lovely from the start and they were just plain rude to Abbie. Like just because she reminded them of Matt's exes they had to be mean and say they were shocked she was here? How would anyone react?

Also honestly his friends seem to think women are just baby factories. I want to go on this show now just to explain to these extraordinarily naive people that you can't plan out timelines life because things happen! I honestly wonder what would happen if you were to leave it to the finale to disclose you had ovarian cancer and may not be able to reproduce - made me think sometimes these men don't love the woman, they love what they can give them.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

thebachelorau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:20 pm

notarose wrote:Her ITM responses about Matt’s female friend in the final epi were really awful IMO. Abbie appears to have no concept of why it would be important to build a relationship with a woman who Matt values. I found it strange. Abbie’s approach when some of the women in the house challenged her is an entirely different context than being snide about Matt’s valued friend yet she behaved the same.
Very self-centered JMO

One could argue the exact same in reverse.  Kate appeared to have no concept of why she should respect the fact that Matt liked Abbie and was potentially about to choose her as his partner.  She should have also tried to build a rapport, but she didn't.

IMO Kate has her own agenda for the type of girl she wants Matt to be with, and probably been just as judgmental of Matt's previous girlfriends, considering it was stressed that Abbie is his usual type.  Frankly, Kate's probably jealous, IMO.

Kate's meeting with Abbie was a waste of time. She was frosty when they met on the GD and worse in SA, IMO.  She rehashed the same "concerns", one being Abbie's age which is ridiculous since Elly (Kate's "favourite" from the GD) is only a year older.

Abbie did acknowledge the importance of building relationships with Matt's friends, because said she wanted to make a good impression on Jason (no doubt realising Kate was already against her), but TPTB didn't give her the opportunity.

Jason seems like a much nicer guy and might have actually given Abbie a chance, which would have messed with their nice neat storyline.  So instead they stuck Kate in the bad bitch leather jacket and set her on Abbie, while Chelsie got to bond with Jason.

It was all designed to further the storyline and turn viewers further against Abbie, IMO.  Chelsie said the exact same thing as Abbie about not wanting to have babies yet - but that was glossed over.  ETA:  Just read your reply @Vjeff and agree to all.  :yes:

Vjeff wrote:I honestly wonder what would happen if you were to leave it to the finale to disclose you had ovarian cancer and may not be able to reproduce - made me think sometimes these men don't love the woman, they love what they can give them.

I especially agree with this.  The whole timeline thing is ridiculous IMO, which is why Helena's date pissed me off.  People lose jobs, get sick, have fertility problems, it should be the person in the relationship that matters IMO, not their hypothetical schedule.

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Vjeff wrote:
notarose wrote:
msjr wrote:
Zaynab wrote:I really think Abbie’s downfall was her relationship with the women, because say if just the physical stuff was shown IMO no one would’ve cared because they’ve shown relationships on the AU bachelor where there was a lot of physical aspects. Abbie has said in her interviews and comment replies on IG, that these ideas of her where perpetuated by the girls in the house so that it became since one or two of the girls were shown to say she is fake/manipulative after that all the viewers didn’t take anything at face value but with the view of what the girls called her. I really feel like if she got along with the girls her edit would’ve just been the physical which she herself has said didn’t bother her but obviously they don’t show a lot of which happens on everyone’s dates. Like Abbie said her and Chelsie were friends they just had different approaches to the situation. Abbie also said in an interview she did joke a lot but many of the girls took the things she said seriously, she said she’d joke that there always BIP and stuff.

Yes. I didn't care about her physicality, because after watching so many seasons of this franchise that sort of thing is old news at this point. I have seen plenty of leads and contestants like that.  I just found her to be obnoxious in her approach to the show and the other women. And I don't think it was all editing. The editing can exaggerate one aspect of your personality to make it seem like that is all you are, but rarely can it create something out of nothing.

Her ITM responses about Matt’s female friend in the final epi were really awful IMO. Abbie appears to have no concept of why it would be important to build a relationship with a woman who Matt values. I found it strange. Abbie’s approach when some of the women in the house challenged her is an entirely different context than being snide about Matt’s valued friend yet she behaved the same.
Very self-centered JMO

That woman was really awful to her though. To sit her down and then literally walk off because she is 23?! With Chelsie they were smiling and lovely from the start and they were just plain rude to Abbie. Like just because she reminded them of Matt's exes they had to be mean and say they were shocked she was here? How would anyone react?

Also honestly his friends seem to think women are just baby factories. I want to go on this show now just to explain to these extraordinarily naive people that you can't plan out timelines life because things happen! I honestly wonder what would happen if you were to leave it to the finale to disclose you had ovarian cancer and may not be able to reproduce - made me think sometimes these men don't love the woman, they love what they can give them.

I thought his friends were pretty awful and definitely made their minds up about Abbie too early and never gave her a chance.

I also resent the idea that your partner has to get on with your friends. Its nice if they do but they're not always going to. It's okay to have friends that you hang out with separately from your partner. My SO has friends I have zero interest in. NBD
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:37 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was in love with Matt herself at some point during their 20 year friendship and has been just as bitchy and judgmental to all Matt's previous GFs.  

But the fact that they put Abbie with Kate AGAIN and not Jason was so obviously a tactical plot device (Abbie "bad" / Chelsie "good") that Kate's opinion is really moot, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Bobette wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was in love with Matt herself at some point during their 20 year friendship and has been just as bitchy and judgmental to all Matt's previous GFs.  

But the fact that they put Abbie with Kate AGAIN and not Jason was so obviously a tactical plot device (Abbie "bad" / Chelsie "good") that Kate's opinion is really moot, IMO.

I didn't get the vibe that Kate was ever in love with Matt or jealous of Abbie. More likely, she had seen Matt hurt multiple times by the same type so was protective as a result. As for Kate walking out, she probably had to go to the bathroom or was about to pass out from the heat in that leather jacket.

If we are to forgive Abbie a multitude of sins because she was edited, then I think the same could apply to Kate. She probably had some normal discussion with Abbie and it could have been edited out as it didn't fit the story line tptb had planned. Also are we sure that Abbie didn't talk to James? Maybe that too could have been edited out because it didn't fit the plan.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

I thought that Kate was a realist and basically critiqued Abbie and the other women the same way most of us do while watching this wretched show and basing our opinions on a highly edited show (at times) IMO.
Kate knows Matt and it seems he values her opinion. Just like I adore the snarky comments and opinions in here. JMHO.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Sprite wrote:She probably had some normal discussion with Abbie and it could have been edited out as it didn't fit the story line tptb had planned. Also are we sure that Abbie didn't talk to James? Maybe that too could have been edited out because it didn't fit the plan.

I agree with you @Sprite that was my point - at the end of the day and it doesn't matter what Kate and Jason really thought of Abbie or vice versa because the storyline dictated that Abbie be presented as the "bad" option and Chelsie the "good".

Also I saw no indication Matt has been hurt by past Abbies.  On the contrary, Kate and Jason saying they've "seen many Abbies" says to me Matt is probably way more of a player than the awkward nerd he was presented as at the start of the show.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Bobette wrote:
Sprite wrote:She probably had some normal discussion with Abbie and it could have been edited out as it didn't fit the story line tptb had planned. Also are we sure that Abbie didn't talk to James? Maybe that too could have been edited out because it didn't fit the plan.

I agree with you @Sprite that was my point - at the end of the day and it doesn't matter what Kate and Jason really thought of Abbie or vice versa because the storyline dictated that Abbie be presented as the "bad" option and Chelsie the "good".

Also I saw no indication Matt has been hurt by past Abbies.  On the contrary, Kate and Jason saying they've "seen many Abbies" says to me Matt is probably way more of a player than the awkward nerd he was presented as at the start of the show.

To the bolded, I took this to mean the same as you. Wasn’t it Jason who also said something about Matt having a history of going for the short term excitement instead of looking for qualities that would build something long term? Maybe not a player but certainly suggests he was easily distracted. giggling

If filming for however many months prompted him to change his pattern then it was time well spent.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:16 am

[quote="Bobette"]
Sprite wrote:On the contrary, Kate and Jason saying they've "seen many Abbies" says to me Matt is probably way more of a player than the awkward nerd he was presented as at the start of the show.

The nerd thing has been way overplayed for both Matt and Chelsie imo.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 am

notarose wrote:To the bolded, I took this to mean the same as you. Wasn’t it Jason who also said something about Matt having a history of going for the short term excitement instead of looking for qualities that would build something long term? Maybe not a player but certainly suggests he was easily distracted. giggling

Yes I remember him saying that too.  And Matt has been surprisingly candid in interviews about his Tinder habits.  It will be interesting to see if he can keep it in his pants now that he's got someone who is apparently the full package.

And yes @leavers I agree - Chelsie may be smart but she likes a party as much as anyone from the looks of her IG and said in the interview below she was part of the "viewing party". They definitely downplayed her wilder side on the show IMO.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:20 pm

@Bobette I like this couple even more for having that wild side as well as the nerdy one. But whose idea was the vagina viewing party in the house?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Bobette wrote:
notarose wrote:To the bolded, I took this to mean the same as you. Wasn’t it Jason who also said something about Matt having a history of going for the short term excitement instead of looking for qualities that would build something long term? Maybe not a player but certainly suggests he was easily distracted. giggling

Yes I remember him saying that too.  And Matt has been surprisingly candid in interviews about his Tinder habits.  It will be interesting to see if he can keep it in his pants now that he's got someone who is apparently the full package.

And yes @leavers I agree - Chelsie may be smart but she likes a party as much as anyone from the looks of her IG and said in the interview below she was part of the "viewing party".  They definitely downplayed her wilder side on the show IMO.

Source

OMG, that guy Kyle seems like a real perv. He’s always on the sexing route to any story laugh out loud.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+33
Idlemess
notarose
msjr
mercieme
Pswright80