SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 am

“I’m chatting with my family to work through it and my emotions with it, and seeing where I sit so I can finally give Channel 10 an answer.

Source

OMG This WOMAN!!!  

Bach filming is suspended, BiP isn't airing - why would she think there will even be a Bette, let alone that she's got it in the bag?

Her arrogance and self-involvement is so unattractive, IMO. no no no
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 am

Bobette wrote:
“I’m chatting with my family to work through it and my emotions with it, and seeing where I sit so I can finally give Channel 10 an answer.

Source

OMG This WOMAN!!!  

Bach filming is suspended, BiP isn't airing - why would she think there will even be a Bette, let alone that she's got it in the bag?

Her arrogance and self-involvement is so unattractive, IMO. no no no

Agreed, she's dreaming. Incredibly self-involved. Literally nobody, not a soul, cares right now. Bachelorette won't film this year IMO.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 pm

HA!  Suck it Sharna - there's no way she's being considered for Lead with odds of 5.5 IMO.  I doubt she ever was - all in her own head IMO.

None of the girls listed here would be serious contenders IMO - Tessa has the shortest odds but pretty sure she's in a long term relationship.  

Just another case of Ch 10 trying to generate buzz and get a bit of cross-promotion for their other shows IMO (Survivor, Masterchef etc.)

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 00QDtiT

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Not only that. Tessa doesnt have screen presence. She is not well like by MC viewers

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Chelsie McLeod? Really?
She can barely mumble her lines

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Yep it reminds me of when they had their odds up for the last Bach with Dr Brown at very short odds even though he was seeing Liv Phyland at the time and Scott Tweedie in second place even though he doesn't even live in AU anymore.  laugh out loud  

It's like Ch 10 have a list of names they just trot out pre-season as a diversion while the real contenders are hidden well away.  Here's hoping for an unknown with good screen presence (ala Georgia, who was a great choice at the time IMO).

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:31 am

Tessa comes off as very unlikable on Masterchef. Would not like her as the lead.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by clauda Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:09 pm

This could potentially be totally unrelated to Bachette but a friend of mine saw Elly Miles at the Channel 10 office yesterday! She didn't have a great ending with the Abbie drama but I think she would be a popular choice for the lead.

clauda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Thanks very much for the info @clauda and welcomebanner

Personally I think Elly is too plain to be Lead.  IMO TPTB tried a "Girl Next Door" theme with Angie and it backfired; the guys just weren't motivated to compete for her attention.  I think they'll want someone "hotter" (for want of a better term) in 2020.

Wonder what she was doing at Ch 10 though... question
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:13 am

Not keen n on her being the lead. Her big smile and white teeth really dazzled me.
From her Instagram, I don't think she is the sweet girl next door

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:26 am

@Enough Yeah I agree - she's not the Sweet Aussie Country Gal they tried to paint her as on Matt's season IMO. I meant Girl Next Door more in the sense that I don't think many guys would see her as out of their league.

The thing is with this franchise - and with Bette especially - IMO the Leads HAVE to be out of the contestants league, otherwise the dynamic just doesn't work. They need to be someone the contestants will compete for.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:07 am

Agreed x infinity about the lead needing to be aspirational for the contestants. Fans say they want someone "relatable" like Elly but that just means a season where none of the guys are there for any reason other than instafame, because a girl like Elly is literally a girl next door, a country girl who became an RN and moved to a seaside regional city... she might be pretty and cool and all-around a great person but that doesn't make a Bachelorette. That makes a standard everyday girlfriend you'd find in the dozens or even hundreds on Tinder. JMO! (even getting botox, lip injections etc is stock standard for a woman in her 20s these days... you need more than an Instagram account and some veneers to be TV worthy when basically everyone of a certain age with enough money gets that done now IMO)

I think sometimes fans don't know what's good for them. We need good TV, not just a cute but kind of boring lead.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - TBD - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+16
Sprite
clauda
Idlemess
atem
Vjeff
Norcalgal
Agent99
Dirty Street Pie
Kas_256
Bachbee
leavers