SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 31 of 59 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 45 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Bobette Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 am

New IG story by Lesina in which Lily misses her mouth when trying to drink and says: "I can't find love, or my mouth".  She is 1000% leaving this show single IMO.

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 RLeEt7v

Source

Also Aaron is coming on strong with the bromance posts.  Very F2/3, IMO.  No bromance posts by Kurt (nor about him) just beach/hotel stories from the Whitsundays. Suspect

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 58mWfBq

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 59AW4ro

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:14 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:This is disgusting.
A man’s head being turned and away from the WOC (do I even have to say doctor WOC).
Shame on TPTB and Bette NZ for posting this !  
Absolutely appalling the message being sent.  Makes me cry. The WOC who experience this daily and now it’s some disgusting twisted joke supposedly for entertainment.

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 C804aa10
IG bachelorette_nz
4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 13772f10

So Lily liked the above comment (posted under the appalling meme post which Lily liked as well) about how she herself would make a meme like this.

In response to the comment Lily liked. yes, I am sensitive to images that perpetuate that WOC as less than. Yes I am sensitive to images that use WOC as a joke. Yes I am sensitive to seeing memes that are selling the idea that WOC are not as worthy to look upon. Yes I am sensitive to racial and micro-aggressive tones. Yes I am sensitive to caring more about true feminism and equality that uplifts women especially women of color and doesn’t see using them as a meme as funny (which is toxic and privileged and the reason it’s not funny is because it’s punching down towards a racially marginalized group). And I am glad that I am sensitive to this. I am glad that I care about the images that are being shown to young women of color matter and that they matter and shouldn’t feel made to feel less than or that they’re a meme or a joke. Being sensitive to how media and images are used to promote and perpetuate how young women of color see themselves matters. So for that I am glad I am sensitive.

Lily could learn a thing or two about using her privilege for something better than liking a post that disregards a WOC and makes the emphasis on herself as “better” than. I am highly disappointed in Lily. There’s no excuse for liking that comment and thus implying she herself agrees she’d make a meme like this and people are too sensitive. The privilege and audacity to even think this way. Blows my mind. So much for “girl power” and whatever else she’s trying to sell. It’s horrible. Jmo

Bravo!Well said, @allaboutlove All About Love. Personally, I heard of Lily before, I saw snippets of her, and her Instagram, and I never really liked the girl for several reasons that I will not expose here, but I have never watched the show before so I thought that just judging someone due to their media presence was unfair from me. Now, after seeing this I guess I feel that I was not unfair after all, so IMO Lily is not only unwise but she seems superficial, immature and plain dumb. I guess that is why her only accomplishment is having been on the show. IMO Lily did this because she wants to stay on the spotlight, IMO she thinks she is cooler than what she actually is.

IMO The meme is awful, how can any one think is just 'fun' is beyond me, and I say this as a Caucasian woman. To be honest, In Australia we do not use the term 'people of colour', or anything with 'of colour', I didn't know people in NZ used it for I have friends from NZ who observed that as a term quintessentially American. I, however, do understand what it means and that many people identify with that label, hence I empathise with those men and women who feel they are 'people of colour'. I understand why they feel insulted, and IMO any sensible Caucasian person the meme will agree that it is of very poor taste and to me it is not just insensitive but it promotes racism, and Gosh, I am not a person who uses words which end in 'ism' loosely but this is something that I cannot interpret in any other way, it is darn racist! I do not think I will be watching this show, but I will be following all your reviews.

Again, thanks All About Love for expressing your thoughts in such a clear and clever way!

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg 4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:57 pm

So Lesina just posted on IG that it's her Dad's birthday and then 15 minutes later Kurt also posted a Happy Birthday message... to Bob Marley... who died almost 40 years ago.   

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 C1MCjTM

Source

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 4L1A6uG

Source

Google Celeb Birthdays 6th Feb and Marley is the first name that pops up. What a remarkable coincidence.  :dripdrip Coded messages need to be a bit more subtle than that Kurt!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 am

So many interesting things in this article:

- The way Lily describes the standoffish vibe from Aaron (which is exactly what I saw on screen so that checks out IMO).  

- The way she deflects the question about whether dating shows work by talking about Winter Games, and describing Courtney as the first "love of her life".   There's still feelings there IMO (and I find it interesting he hasn't acknowledged her doing the show at all...)

- The way Lesina says she was seeking her "forever person" (hate that term but suggests she's happy with her choice IMO).

We both worried we'd choose the wrong person, bachelorettes Lily and Lesina reveal

Lily McManus joins Lesina Nakhid-Schuster on The Bachelorette NZ.

This story was originally published by Now to Love and is republished with permission.

They're the first to admit it. If they'd met "in real life" they wouldn't be friends. In fact, they wouldn't have even crossed paths - unless Lily had broken her leg in a snowboarding or dirtbiking accident and gone to hospital and Lesina had been her doctor.

Yet now these unlikely soul sisters – 22 year old free-spirited Lily McManus and 32-year-old intellect Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - are forever bound as New Zealand's first women to star in The Bachelorette NZ.

For the first three episodes of the reality TV dating show Lesina held centre stage - and viewers couldn't understand why so many of her love interests were 10 years younger than her.

Then out onto the mansion verandah stepped Lily and everything fell into place.

Was it difficult for you, I ask Lesina, to have to share your pedestal with another woman?

"When I was first told about the idea, that was when I was most unnerved by it," she admits.

"I had a million questions and I was thinking - because you instantly think 'competition', don't you – 'I don't want to do it'.

"But by the time Lily came I was comfortable. I was interested to see how the dynamics would change."

And change they did, with the men immediately regrouping themselves into Team Lily, Team Lesina or Team 50/50.

All of the men behaved "exactly as I'd thought they would", Lesina says.

"But I was comfortable with the ones I had connections with and they acted exactly how I thought they would, too."

Aaron's reaction was the most interesting, Lily reveals.

"I looked at him and thought 'you're a taken man'.

Sparks flew for Lesina and Aaron on their one-on-one date.

"When I sat down with all the boys on the first night and everyone was really giving me the time of day and being quite 'hey how're you doing' Aaron was just…" (Lily puts her nose in the air and looks the other way.)

"He wouldn't even make eye contact with me.

"I thought, 'oh my god, this guy is obsessed with you [she looks to Lesina] already' and I was like, 'Bro, no offence. I'm not interested in you… but that doesn't mean we can't be friends."'

Afterwards the girls swapped notes and decided Aaron had been rude.

He apologised to Lily and it was important that he did, Lesina explains, "because she's my girl".

"You wouldn't like your partner to not get on with your friends, would you."

Lesina and Lily discussing who they will keep on the scene.

FIRM FRIENDS

The two women are undeniably close and say they quickly learned they could rely on one another to compare notes and get an accurate gauge on the guys.

"What surprised me about Lily was her emotional intelligence," Lesina says. "Every time I was thinking something Lily would be thinking it too.

"I secretly talked to my mum every day, but she wasn't 'in it' and so you'd have to start from the beginning and explain all the ins and outs… to just have someone who I could say 'oh my god, this happened' and she goes 'I know'…"

Lily adds, "Lesina has the same beliefs as I do and she has the same stance on female empowerment.

"It was cool to sit down and combine our powers and figure things out. We lucked out with how well we clicked."

Both say they were worried about "choosing the wrong person".

"We only saw them on their best behaviour," explains Lily. "And I was really worried about ending up with someone that was just putting it all on for show… then getting them in the real world and finding they're completely different.

"Right now watching it back there are some things I didn't know some of these boys were saying… and I think me and you [she looks at Lesina] are both going 'maybe we should have sent him home earlier'."

But both are happy with the decisions they made "using the limited amount of information we had available at the time".

Lesina and Lily have forged a strong friendship.

THE TRUTH ABOUT QUINN

They had talked about who Lesina was interested in before Lily joined the show, they reveal.

"So there were some I didn't even bother to get to know because I knew Lesina was interested in them," Lily says.

Viewers have been quick to note, though, that both women seemed to show an early interest in Quinn - with Lesina giving him her first rose and Lily, her first kiss.

But Lesina says while Quinn's "a nice guy, I didn't feel romantically towards him which is perhaps the way it came across.

"I gave him my first rose because he'd put in some real effort [into making Lesina a stainless steel rose for their introduction]."

One of the most interesting aspects of the show has been how differently the two women tackle getting to know the guys.

While Lesina goes in with a very direct line of questioning and became known on set by the production crew as The Question Assassin, Lily was happy to sit back and chat about cake with her fellas.

The rose ceremony is harder than it looks, they say.

"I probably would have relaxed more [if I had the chance to go back and do things differently]," Lesina admits.

"I did focus on the end quite a bit. I was looking for my forever person and that put a lot of pressure on me.

"But that is me. I do ask a lot of questions and I'm very attracted to someone who can handle my questions."

For Lily the casual banter was more about making the guys feel comfortable.

"At the beginning the boys were very nervous. I tried to make them feel comfortable; I tried to warm them up and talk a little bit of s... with them just to help them feel that this is real.

"Production was like 'Lily, you're not talking about relationship stuff, you're just talking garbage right now. But I like to remind them I'm a person and we're that we're trying to get to know each other."

While we won't know until in a few weeks' time whether Lily and Lesina have found what they were looking for, they're both happy to share that they believe reality TV dating shows work.

"The last relationship I had," Lily begins, "which was very serious was from the first season of The Bachelor Winter Games.

"After Zac's season of The Bachelor [Lily was runner-up in the third season of The Bachelor in New Zealand] I was left feeling really really skeptical and didn't know if this process could work.

"But Bachelor Winter Games came up and I thought, 'cool snowboarding, this is why I'm here'.

"Then I met Courtney [Dober] and I was like 'holy s... this is, like, legit'. We were together a pretty long time.

"He was the first love of my life," Lily shares. "But I don't think I could have done this show if I hadn't have done that one. That told me this is real, and the feelings involved are real even though there are cameras everywhere.

"You take out of it however much you put in, don't you," adds Lesina.

"You can always take a lesson; you can always take something positive. Even for people like Glenn, who it may look a bit negative for at the moment, I'm sure he'll learn something about himself.

"So, yes, definitely. It just takes one person that you're interested in that you find a connection with for it to work. And if you happen to find that on the show..."

Source

And here's a cute little easter egg:

Remember when Lily posted that pic on IG of herself getting a tattoo?  

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 TH1hIOJ

Lesina got a matching one at the same time.  laugh out loud  

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 AzrDM37

On their last day in Argentina, the pair got matching tattoos which say "muchos novios" — which means "many boyfriends" in Spanish.

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Zi3cqZy

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:40 pm

Jordan44 wrote:Home visits on next week, interesting seems early so not long in Argentina. Perhaps 4 for Lily and 4 for Lesina? IMO I don't think we'll see a FRC from Lily, I see her leaving single early too.

https://www.sky.co.nz/tvguide

The Bachelorette NZ (M)
Monday 17 February7:30 PM - 8:30 PMTV2Channel 002

Tonight, the couples meet friends and families on their home visits. Awkward questions are asked, secrets are revealed and one couple hits crisis point!

Yeah I'm with you @Jordan44 - Lily will bow out early IMO.  Bringing over my post from Quinn's thread:

Bobette wrote:In his latest IG story Quinn seems pretty salty/embarrassed when Bette is brought up: https://www.instagram.com/stories/qryan46/

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 J881lTH

Source

I get the impression he's not entirely happy with how things panned out.  Wouldn't be surprised if Lily doesn't even have an FRC; I could see her giving both her final guys (Jesse and Quinn IMO) the kiss-off early, leaving Lesina and her F1 to wrap up the show.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:21 am

Sorry, but I think that is the ugliest tattoo.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Andie H Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:09 am

Glenn got sent home before they left for airport

Andie H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:04 am

Lesina has re-posted Kurt's exit post.  Weird.  She hasn't done that for anyone else.  

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 MXFgyYr

This one isn't even his!  She must have gone hunting.  Something feels screwy here.  Suspect   

4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Kz5IJ8x

Source

Any chance he might make a dramatic return?  4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 3806527698

ETA:  Actually, this is probably just a massive sign of friendzonage by Lesina so NVM.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:00 pm

@bobette I think it’s she liked Kurt as a friend and is pushing for him to be the bachelor
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:14 pm

Another tick in Aaron as F1 column for me. This is exactly how I saw Aaron. He was taken with Lesina. He’s the only one I see genuinely interested in her. He looks like he’s falling in love imo. I also don’t fault his reaction. He was being loyal to Lesina and even the process and it honestly makes me like him even more :yes: That he apologized and Lesina talked to him about it says it all - he wanted to make sure to do right by Lesina so really only after she was okay then he was too. He is smitten!!!  4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 1f60d Jmo 

Now Lily and Lesina’s IG story where Lily shows Lesina and Aaron kissing and going oooo Aaron let’s me know she wouldn’t do that unless he was F1 imo. Lily has already proven she can’t keep a secret this season to save her life imo especially her sm while filming of her liking Timm.

The definite strongest relationship is between Lesina and Aaron. It reminds me of past Bettes and their F1s. I also think Lesina had her first date with the one she liked most (Aaron) because of two bettes so even more essential to having a single date first and establishing that relationship before the twist.

Yay if so! The only physical and emotional connection I’m seeing is Aaron and Lesina! 4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 4256136633 jmo

Bobette wrote:
Aaron's reaction was the most interesting, Lily reveals.

"I looked at him and thought 'you're a taken man'.

Sparks flew for Lesina and Aaron on their one-on-one date.

"When I sat down with all the boys on the first night and everyone was really giving me the time of day and being quite 'hey how're you doing' Aaron was just…" (Lily puts her nose in the air and looks the other way.)

"He wouldn't even make eye contact with me.

"I thought, 'oh my god, this guy is obsessed with you [she looks to Lesina] already' and I was like, 'Bro, no offence. I'm not interested in you… but that doesn't mean we can't be friends."'

Afterwards the girls swapped notes and decided Aaron had been rude.

He apologised to Lily and it was important that he did, Lesina explains, "because she's my girl".

"You wouldn't like your partner to not get on with your friends, would you."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/119352257/we-both-worried-wed-choose-the-wrong-person-bachelorettes-lily-and-lesina-reveal
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Wait, last I read, many thought Kurt was f1 but he’s out?

Wow, maybe I should tune in now!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 pm

atem wrote:Sorry, but I think that is the ugliest tattoo.  
Can’t disagree with that. laugh out loud
It is a typical Lily tattoo. Plain text with a quote or a line that has meaning to her in the moment, often with a sarcastic twist.

What’s surprising is that Lesina got a matching one. It doesn’t seem to be her style at all, but it shows how close they are becoming. At the moment, this is the one relationship that I am sure of.

They continue to lean on each other, making the difficult decisions together. So, just as I hoped, the idea that Lily coming in would undermine the female empowerment aspect has really been disproven.
JMO

Screencaps from epi 8:
4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Leanin11
4 - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 31 Rc11

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 59 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 45 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose