SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 12 of 66 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 am

@rosefun I like your post - Exactly my thoughts

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 am

@Just Looking That's exactly what I'd expect her to say if they were faking it so doesn't convince me of anything.  IMO she's made the decision that being in a relationship will sell more books so that's the image she's committed to presenting.  

As for returning home, the finale was less than a week ago, and she's spent much of that doing media for Bette and book signings, which would have left barely any time for "quality time" with Carlin, which I'd think would be a priority if they were genuine.

AFAIK she doesn't have a job to rush back to, so could have spent more time in NSW or taken a holiday like Ali & Taite did.  IMO living in different cities is going to be a very convenient excuse for however long they plan to keep up appearances.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:43 am

@Bobette Oh well, I don’t really have any thoughts one way or the other so we’l just have to wait and see

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:57 am

Just Looking wrote:@Bobette Oh well, I don’t really have any thoughts one way or the other so we’l just have to wait and see

Yeah I'm not exactly losing sleep over these two either.  Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 12 3806527698   

It will run it's course IMO and TBH I'm hoping the media move on and start giving us some pap shots of what's going on in Paradise - it's always much more fun/interesting to sleuth upcoming seasons than dissect those that are finished IMO. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 am

rosefun wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:
Azzurra wrote:
Pongo wrote:I saw Angie and Carlin on Have You Been Paying Attention (HYBPA). Carlin was actually kind of funny/likeable unlike his persona on the show. In contrast Angie's face didn't move at all due to all the work she has had done.

I really hope the next person Bachelorette they cast has not had any work done. It is sending the wrong message to young girls IMO.
I am starting to believe that Carlin was more genuine than her after all... Maybe as a person he is not that bad, if one forgets about his white lies about acting.
anyway.

Carlin is not bad at all. I have seen comments of some people here saying that they know people who know Carlin, and all of them think highly of him. I also happen to know some people who know Carlin well and all agree that Carlin is a really really nice guy in real life. The negative opinion some people have about him is based on the show, which is edited to the extreme.  Even the trashy tabloids revealed that all the guys like Carlin and found him genuine.  Basically, I see no reason to believe that Carlin was dishonest, he omitted things because he didn't want to be stereotyped, and just take a look at the social media, the moment people started seeing him on TV (apparently his ads were on from week 1, so on Facebook people wrote about those ads), people became suspicious! They thought that since he was an actor then he was there for the wrong reasons. Those comments were posted even before the episode in which Jamie discussed his concerns about Carlin with Angie, aired. Carlin was right expecting people reacting that way, the bias were strong.

One observation: most of what Carlin does is considered as modelling not acting. Here in Australia, and I believe also in some  European countries, saying that you are a professional actor when you are predominantly doing TV ads and sporadic extras is a bit weird, and is looked down. I understand why Carlin didn't want to call himself an actor, what he does is side acting and extras (not really acting) but that is not his main job. One thing, Azzurra @Azzurra  I don't understand  your comment saying that you don't think Carlin would have 'the audacity to go to castings'. Why not? He is part of an agency, I used to go to castings in my 20s and did some ads. I don't see the problem with it, it is fun, extra cash and if they think you are the type and like your work you got the job. A casual model is called by agencies who receive commissions. I never put much effort into it at all because I had a career, it was just fun. I think another poster mentioned here that her sister was also doing some acting yet she had a career. Ads are really not big deals.

Hi Genevieve, I agree with you saying "Carlin is not bad at all" but honestly I don't think its about whether a person is "good" or "bad", at least I hope not cos that's just wrong in my eyes. I want to clarify a lot of what you've said about actors, modeling etc, see bold,  are you saying Carin is not an actor as in that he doesn't or hasn't done it professionally?

No, perhaps I need to explain myself better.  Technically Carlin is an actor but he doesn't seem to be a professional actor (not according to his own words). I haven't checked his IMDB or Starnow profile but I do not think he has any formal training in performing arts and his acting experience is very limited to be considered a professional actor. See, I have done commercials and when I was young I did study (parallel to one of my uni degrees)  4 years of theatre yet I never considered myself a professional actor. When I did some ads I found peculiar when sometimes directors, to make us 'acting models' feel more important by calling us actors. Yes, as ad models we were acting but it is just that in the industry you just don't present yourself that way when you are doing casual acting; you may say that you are part of the cast of a particular play or an extra in show but that's about it. It is just odd to consider oneself a professional actor  when all you get are sporadic acting jobs and  people in the industry specially avoid the term 'actor'  if they have another degree and a stable job outside informal acting (which was in my case).

Summarizing, I understand that most people will consider Carlin an actor, but that is not the way someone with his limited experience will present himself/herself in the industry. I believe either @storybook or @sprout mentioned their sister acting for a while in some past posts and they basically support my observations. I hope my explanation is clearer now.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:05 am

Bobette wrote:@Just Looking That's exactly what I'd expect her to say if they were faking it so doesn't convince me of anything.  IMO she's made the decision that being in a relationship will sell more books so that's the image she's committed to presenting.  

As for returning home, the finale was less than a week ago, and she's spent much of that doing media for Bette and book signings, which would have left barely any time for "quality time" with Carlin, which I'd think would be a priority if they were genuine.

AFAIK she doesn't have a job to rush back to, so could have spent more time in NSW or taken a holiday like Ali & Taite did.  IMO living in different cities is going to be a very convenient excuse for however long they plan to keep up appearances.

Angies insta implies, and they have said, they are going on holiday together. Maybe she's going home to pack?
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 am

@Genevieve Australia it’s my cousin that did some acting but is now in another profession.
Yes, it’s a general thread so both negative and positive opinions are allowed. No need for us Carlin and Angie supporters to be hidden away in the fan forum Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 12 3806527698
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Please remember that if you wish to only reply to part of someones post and omit part of it, make a note of it by writing … snipped … before or after depending on the part that you wanted to delete so that everyone is aware the post has been shortened.

Also a reminder that this is a general thread. All opinions are welcome here as long as everyone remembers to put IMO. We do not suggest people are defensive or that they stick to the fan threads.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Bobette wrote:@Just Looking That's exactly what I'd expect her to say if they were faking it so doesn't convince me of anything.  IMO she's made the decision that being in a relationship will sell more books so that's the image she's committed to presenting.  

Considering that Angie herself has stated that she is moving very soon, I would think that she would actually need to return home to organise the move. Imo it’s very sensible to go back when she doesn’t have many media commitments etc. - otherwise when is she supposed to get it done? 
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 pm

@sprout
Very good point. Very grounded in real life. All that takes time to coordinate.
I have a question for Australian posters regarding the’Holidays’ . I heard you do not have a Thanksgiving obviously, but do you celebrate Christmas at the same time we do here or only New Years Eve and then in your winter, ( which is in our summer) celebrate the Holidays and Christmas? I heard different things and would appreciate the clarification.
TYIA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 pm

@Astrobach We celebrate Christmas and New Years at the same time as you guys, it just happens to be in summer rather than winter.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Astrobach wrote:@sprout
Very good point. Very grounded in real life. All that takes time to coordinate.
I have a question for Australian posters regarding the’Holidays’ . I heard you do not have a Thanksgiving obviously, but do you celebrate Christmas at the same time we do here or only New Years Eve and then in your winter, ( which is in our summer) celebrate the Holidays and Christmas?  I heard different things and would appreciate the clarification.
TYIA

We do Christmas on December 25.  It's just a very summery celebration here. Eating outdoors, eating seafood, going for a swim are all common Christmas Day activities here.

Some people do "Christmas in July" so you can experience a wintery christmas (as an additional, fun thing) but it's very optional and not taken very seriously.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 66 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify