SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 39 of 66 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 52 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 am

Ouch. How does she afford it? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7804147/The-Bachelorette-Angie-Kents-Botox-filler-transformation-full.html
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:42 am

Vjeff wrote:Ouch. How does she afford it? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7804147/The-Bachelorette-Angie-Kents-Botox-filler-transformation-full.html

Yikes - I knew she'd had work done but didn't realise quite how much.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 StikZKN

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 7bAFFAd

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm

@Bobette I agree with the comment. She looked so much better in the before photo. I hate those eyebrows....and those lips...yuck.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Genevieve Australia wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
Bobette wrote:The whole dynamic was weird and awkward IMO and I'm intrigued to know what Angie was worried Carlin would write when she told him "just be careful what you write".  Suspect

It's also interesting that she wrote down "distance" so fast, considering it's been speculated upthread that if they do split that would be an easy no-fault excuse to give.
I actually think the reverse is what’s going to happen. I think the distance is giving them both a convenient excuse for not being all in with each other but once they live in the same city they’re gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don’t actually like each other very much. They remind me of Nick & Vanessa from the US version in that sense. Jmo.

You said here, in your words : 'they're are gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don't actually like each other very much' , may I observe that the way you are phrasing your argument makes it IMO come across fact, but that is not  a fact, it is mere speculation; it is your opinion but some of us disagree with that view; IMO  they like each other and love-or seem to believe they do - each other, I just don't know how long that love will last.

In the end it all comes to people's perception and perceptions are subjective but the ones who know what they have are Angie and Carlin and IMHO they are trying to make it work.

It's interesting because I tend to believe that we see such a limited amount of people on TV, social media, etc. that it's really hard for me to say who someone fully is based upon those outlets. Certainly it's easy to extrapolate out things about people based on what they show us but people are complex and generally multidimensional. I don't really know how Angie and Carlin are. I can tell Angie is a bit raw and rough around the edges but is sorting out who she is/wants to be as most people do in their 20s (and perhaps for the rest of one's life if you are an ever evolving type). I know less of who Carlin is because I've seen less. Perhaps they are really poorly suited for each other and just playing things up for more more opportunities. Honestly, more power to them if that's what they choose. Shilling has a shelf life so might as well bank up as much as you can because one cannot be an influencer forever. Or may be they genuinely care for each other and are giving it a go. That's what it seems to me. They don't seem like awful people to me in either case and with happiness being such a hard thing to find/sustain over the long term, I say good on them for as long they choose to be together.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Bobette wrote:
Vjeff wrote:Ouch. How does she afford it? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7804147/The-Bachelorette-Angie-Kents-Botox-filler-transformation-full.html

Yikes - I knew she'd had work done but didn't realise quite how much.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 StikZKN

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 39 7bAFFAd

Source

LEFT PHOTO: Girl next door, natural pretty look.
RIGHT PHOTO: Plastic looking, same as every blonde influencer, puffy - rigid- fake faced look.
Very sad to see too many women fall for these supposedly ‘ preventive ‘ procedures that only become addictive and disfigure pretty much everyone after a while. This is now a HUGE marketing strategy that pressure all that are facing the insecurities and negative personal and public perceptions about their appearance to find the instant miracle ‘cure’.
It’s UGLY IMO for most if not all that overuse these expensive treatments. And it has not yet been documented for long enough to determine the multitude of side effects that are inherent to them since we don’t have any examples of people who have used them for over 20 years ( or stopped after several years ). The skin is a vital, organic, ever changing and extraordinary complex organ and injecting plastic and foreign substances regularly can only have regrettable consequences one day IMO. The only true beneficiaries are the surgeons and technicians that are taking advantage of women’s weakness for quick fix to get a superficial and temporary feel good at great financial and most likely future health cost.
What happened to letting the inner beauty shine ? What about learning about eating properly, exercising and having balance in our life that will have a direct impact on our health AND skin quality. Angie confessed that she had problems with acne and that always made her feel self conscious. So those insecurities led her to seek solutions that only accentuate her poor self esteem by focusing on the superficial and not the cause.
These are MY VIEWS AND OPINIONS obviously and also based on A LOT of personal experience witnessing firsthand the transformation that takes place when people starts adapting a healthier lifestyle, which I have been studying and implementing for over 40 years now. I have seen young and mature women alike not only lose weight, gain energy and confidence but clearer, more elastic and vibrant skin on their face after following a more natural program for their overall health. It’s a question of balance and education not falling prey to the next temporary fix while continuing to eat junk food and making poor lifestyle choices. Sorry if it went slightly O/T.
OK Rant over. JMOAA

Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:56 am

I'm so torn on the plastic surgery issue. I find it hard to fault the individuals that get it done, because it's come basically a prerequisite to have that look if you want to be in that world. Sure, they could refuse, but that means getting no work. I think that it's possible to get work done and to have it not be noticeable (thinking Blake Lively as a perfect example).

On a societal level, it is sad imo. Sad that there is a list of "right" features and "wrong" features and if you have the "wrong" features you have to pay for expensive surgery to "fix" it. And then what happens when those "wrong" features are suddenly "right"? More surgery? Big full lips haven't always been "in", for example. I have naturally full lips and I was teased about them! And that's without getting into the ethnic issues - that many of these currently-in features are features common and natural on black women, and on black women they're never as lauded or desired as they are on white women, who usually have to seek artificial versions of them. eg https://www.papermag.com/white-women-blackfishing-instagram-2619714094.html?rebelltitem=10#rebelltitem10 https://www.yesmagazine.org/opinion/2018/11/21/dear-white-women-try-on-our-struggle-instead-of-our-looks/ https://madamenoire.com/548137/all-the-black-men-who-helped-build-the-kardashian-empire/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/18/the-kardashians-arent-just-trashy-theyre-dangerous/

Anyway, that's a long way off the topic of Angie and Carlin. I guess my personal opinion is that if Angie feels she needs to do it for her job, so be it. If she thinks she looks better, then that's her personal choice and personal opinion and who am I to say she's wrong? My personal opinion is she looks better, and more genuinely happy, in the first pic. I'd love if people's natural features, WHATEVER THEY WERE, could be celebrated, and we could stop desiring "big lips" or "small lips" or "high cheekbones" or whatever at any given time.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:00 pm

@leavers agree with you about the striving to be picture perfect. What happened to self-love? Because before you can love someone else, you need to love yourself.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@leavers agree with you about the striving to be picture perfect. What happened to self-love? Because before you can love someone else, you need to love yourself.

I think self-love is vital but it is hard fought for and takes years to achieve. Angie has confessed to self-esteem issues. I can only imagine that those issues are amplified the brighter the spotlight on her becomes. People are human and having commentary on your looks would rattle even the most assured individual. I think she is very reflective of our society that has even created filters for social media- as if seeing a "normal" face is problematic. It struck me when Angie mentioned how sometimes it was hard for her to watch the show because she had a hard time not fixating on looking at her acne scars that so much of what she is doing is to fit within societal molds of beauty. I empathize because even being a decade older than her, I can recognize the moments when I am tearing myself apart physically due to fixating on my perceived bodily imperfections. I feel compassion for her and really wish that so many women in particular didn't feel that they need to practically mutilate themselves to be "beautiful" as defined by current societal trends. Self-compassion and grace are needed in such a greater measure.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:10 pm

I agree, Angie seems overly focused on physical appearance IMO, and not just her own.  Remember last year when she described Dave Hughes as "one of the ugliest people I've ever seen"?  IMO looks played a large part in her choice of F1 (despite what she said pre-show about humour being the most important trait she wanted in a man and looks being irrelevant).

It seems to me that Angie had self esteem issues before going on the show and being Lead has exacerbated them.  She appears to have had much more work done since the show wrapped.  I wonder if this could be the result of being primped and preened every day during filming, or perhaps now having more cash, or if it is tied to having a model for a boyfriend.

On Gogglebox Angie came across as relaxed, relatable and unfiltered, and the audience loved her for it IMO.  On IACGMOOH she was grotty and vulnerable and that endeared her to people a bit more (and probably secured her the Lead role) IMO.  Bette seems to have been a backwards step for Angie in many respects, IMO.  I wonder if the book sales were worth it.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Comparing 23 to 29?

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:08 am

Just Looking wrote:Comparing 23 to 29?

Sure why not? We can post our opinions vs any age.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 am

Just Looking wrote:Comparing 23 to 29?

Yea..as someone that age can guarantee you my face didn't blow up like a fish in the past 6 years. You don't get a whole new face in your 20s.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 66 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 52 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify