SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 21 of 66 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by leavers Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Thanks for the inside info @Genevieve Australia thumbsup

It was also, even by Bette AU standards a VERY budget season, maybe production didn't want to cough up for flights etc for crew to film in Townsville, so they went the option of Carlins brother in Sydney, which would be much cheaper as the crew would all be Sydney based.

Yup, the whole show was in NSW this year! So budget laugh out loud ... I reckon even if Carlin's parents did want to participate (and no shade to any family that don't want to have a bar of this show imo) they would have flown them to Sydney rather than fly a whole crew up to Townsville.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:49 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:It was also, even by Bette AU standards a VERY budget season, maybe production didn't want to cough up for flights etc for crew to film in Townsville, so they went the option of Carlins brother in Sydney, which would be much cheaper as the crew would all be Sydney based.

IMO it had a lot to do with Osher's baby being due near the end of the season - TPTB may not care much for the welfare of contestants, but they didn't want to risk Osh missing the birth IMO and rightly so after his years of loyalty to the show.   

But yeah, low-key local dates, all four HTDs in NSW, and a FRC in Byron is pretty much phoning it in.  Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm

It was also, even by Bette AU standards a VERY budget season, maybe production didn't want to cough up for flights etc for crew to film in Townsville, so they went the option of Carlins brother in Sydney, which would be much cheaper as the crew would all be Sydney based.

It is possible, it would have been far far more expensive  to book a room those days. I wonder if there were many rooms available though.   The end of July and first week of August, especially, are the busiest weeks of the year in Townsville.  Every year Townsville hosts the AFCM which goes for about 10 days. The AFCM is the most important Chamber Music Festival in Australia with performances from  some of the best musicians from all over the world. There are  some World Premieres and Australian Premieres too, because of that  most people attending the AFCM are not from Townsville and are mature age people and some personalities who can afford to travel and stay in nice resorts and attend all functions. We and our friends love chamber music so we travel across Australia for important Chamber music concerts, that is why I know the AFCM so well, and I have met some of their musicians like Pavel Fischer. The Winterschool director. I have attended the AFCM for  the last  7 years. IMO, hotels and flights would have been fully booked.  Oh, the producers would have had no privacy in Townsville at that time of the year, especially not in the most touristy zones. If the producers wanted privacy they would have had to book the Orpheus Island resort, but that is always booked well in advance and I doubt they could spare  the at least 1.800 per room per night  that the resort charges, plus the helicopters! The more average resorts and houses in Magnetic Island would have been very crowded as well, especially with backpackers.

Add to that the fact that that time of the year is the peak season in all North of Queensland because of the weather, the best time for diving around the Great Barrier Reef and also because of the Minke Whales watching season between June and July and early August.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm

leavers wrote:

Yup, the whole show was in NSW this year!  So budget laugh out loud  ... I reckon even if Carlin's parents did want to participate (and no shade to any family that don't want to have a bar of this show imo) they would have flown them to Sydney rather than fly a whole crew up to Townsville.

Don't be so harsh leavers... Byron is in Queensland okay Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698 Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi, can anyone direct me to an IG account hosting Carlin and Angie’s IG Stories?

cheers
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:30 pm

rosefun wrote:Hi, can anyone direct me to an IG account hosting Carlin and Angie’s IG Stories?

cheers
Rosefun, we new users cannot post links. @sprout can though so  I hope she can take you there Smiley IF you go to the Fan thread Sprout also posted some information there.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Vjeff wrote:
leavers wrote:

Yup, the whole show was in NSW this year!  So budget laugh out loud  ... I reckon even if Carlin's parents did want to participate (and no shade to any family that don't want to have a bar of this show imo) they would have flown them to Sydney rather than fly a whole crew up to Townsville.

Don't be so harsh leavers...  Byron is in Queensland okay Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698 Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698

Not unless it moved.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by catsamber500 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:52 pm

rosefun wrote:Hi, can anyone direct me to an IG account hosting Carlin and Angie’s IG Stories?

cheers

https://www.instagram.com/carlinandangie/
catsamber500
catsamber500

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:09 pm

catsamber500 wrote:

cheers

@catsamber500 thanks heaps for the link, exactly what I wanted and couldnt find. Also thanks Genevieve for reply
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Agent99 wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
leavers wrote:

Don't be so harsh leavers...  Byron is in Queensland okay Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698 Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 21 3806527698

Not unless it moved.

Oh sht I can't believe I spent my whole life thinking Byron was in QLD!! How funny haha
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 am

For what Carlin said on the show and after the show was over, he hasn't really spoken to his brother much about the show. They seem like a close family but his parents are very private people and he respected that. Carlin's parents didn't sign up for the show. IMO his brother is more 'out there'; someone here mentioned that Carlin's brother as a youtube channel and he is active on Twitter, if that is correct (and if I didn't mistead) it means that Javed is used to interact with people who are basically strangers. Finally, as I have previously said, if Carlin's parents wanted to meet Angie and had the time to do it they could have gone to NSW. The producers cannot control the events of a city like Townsville, IMO it wasn't just about the lack of accommodation but since it was such a busy the risk of having photos taken by paparazzi was very high. Wasn't Carlin's the only hometown that had not  photos published by the paparazzi? I wonder if Carlin's parents will finally meet Angie for Christmas question

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:09 am

catsamber500 wrote:

cheers

Welcome @catsamber500 , a few of use are new users too Smiley I hope you are well and good to see you around Smiley handwave handwave

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 66 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify