SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 31 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 48 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 31 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Bobette wrote:@Vjeff He also tagged Angie even though she's not in the pic - an obvious attempt to draw more traffic to his page IMO.  It seems she's become one of his marketing tools.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 31 Vcl6c1G

Source

If he were actually trying to dispel split rumours, wouldn't it have made more sense to post a pic of him with Angie, rather than yet another modelling photo of himself?

Perhaps Carlin doesn't truly care about dispelling those rumours  because it is a non-win fight; magazines are twisting his words and those who dislike his relationship with Angie will remain unconvinced.  Carlin has his followers and so does Angie, and each of them knows that there are people who do not like their relationship and/or will never follow them; thus, IMO there is no reason for either Carlin or Angie to edit/change the overall looks of their respective Instagram profiles just to please potential fans or people who probably never follow  them in the first place.  Personally, I find Angie's and Carlin's Instagram galleries to be very boring content-wise, and aesthetically I prefer arty profiles and theirs aren't; but then, I am not their target market, so they should not  worry about what I think; they have their followers, and their posts show satisfactory levels of engagement, so IMO they should not change what works for them. All is JMHO

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typos and IMO, JMHO and punctuation)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 31 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 31 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:12 am

Carlin hasn't changed what he's posting one bit - his page looks exactly the same as it did a year ago - all modelling and ads and selfies, with one or two filtered, artistically shot pics of Angie thrown in - one can barely tell he's got a 'girlfriend'.

Angie is the one who's changed what she's posting - it used to be a mish mash of friends and family, quotes, fangirl celebrity pics and badly framed "normal" photos.  Now it's all sponsored posts and book promotion.  She's totally sold out IMO.

ETA: More smoke, IMO.

The Bachelorette's Angie Kent admits she 'has been fighting' with Carlin Sterritt - and reveals they WON'T be spending Christmas together

Angie Kent has admitted that her and Carlin Sterritt's relationship hasn't always been smooth sailing.

Speaking on Outspoken the Podcast, the 29-year-old reality TV star revealed that the pair have 'struggled' and had their disagreements since filming for The Bachelorette ended.

'It's a real relationship so I'm not going to pretend that everything is okay all the time when it's not,' she said.

'We went through a bloody roller coaster and we had to hide for three months and then we're just thrown in the public space for everybody to judge the sh*t out of us.'

She continued: 'Of course there is going to be times when we really really struggle but we communicate so well.'

Angie went on to explain that the couple have their bad days but they always discuss all their problems.  

'We have days were we go "this is so hardcore" but we talk it out, [and] we don't shut down,' she said.

She added: 'I can see why it can be really hard for couples after this show. It can be hardcore.'

Angie also revealed that she won't be spending Christmas Day with Carlin but will instead see him on Boxing Day.

'We were originally going to do his family first and then mine but this is at a time where it is still super fresh,' she explained.

'I thought to myself, "if I was dating somebody in the real world after three months of being together... I would never be like I'm going to your house or you're coming to mine",' she continued.

'I'm not going there for Christmas but he's coming to the infamous Kent Boxing Day. And we are going to spend Boxing Day up until New Years Day together.'

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:22 am

Nothing in that article is a red flag to me. If anything, it goes to show that their relationship is real. Real emotions are at play here and IMO, if their relationship was fake then I’d think it was more likely that they’d be pretending that they never argue. I mean, it probably doesn’t help that there are those out there that seem like they want this relationship to fail! I’ve been in long distance relationships before and haven’t been able to coordinate the whole Christmas Day gatherings - I think it’s lovely that they will still be able to see each other.
As for their social media - are there set rules on how couples should post because I’m very new to Instagram and I just find it strange that people can’t just post what they want? I have 5 photos on mine and none of the posts are of my family/significant others but I love them to bits!
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:07 am

@sprout IA.  Co-ordinating Christmas is a relationship danger zone laugh out loud but they are being very mature about it.  Angie sounds like she can't wait to see Carlin and going by the comments she has left on IG she is a smitten kitten.  Any why not.  Carlin seems like an all round good guy.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:03 am

I think it is weird. I don’t think they’re faking their relationship but I’ve thought since the season was airing that they’re just not compatible and this confirms my thoughts that their relationship isn’t long for this world. I just can’t get behind the ‘we’ve only been together for 3 months’ excuse. People complicate things but these things really aren’t that complicated. You either love someone or you don’t and you’re either sure of that or you aren’t. Imo the only reason the length of time you’ve been together should dictate decisions like this is if you aren’t sure of your bf/gf and where your relationship currently stands or is going. Why wouldn’t you spend the holidays with the person you love? Especially when the first holiday season you’re together can & should be a special time. So what if it’s only been three months, the families already know they’re together, and have already met the other person. What’s the harm in spending a few days with one of their families? Angie & Carlin aren’t the first couple to come out of this show, yet somehow Lee & Georgia, Sam & Snez, & Matty & Laura all managed to spend their first Christmas as a couple with each other. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:35 am

@ReneeM  :yes:

Three months in should still be the honeymoon period when you can't get enough of each other IMO - esp since they've only been able to spend time together since the finale (both said they only saw each other "a couple of times" while the show was airing).

Angie was already saying in interviews while the show was airing that she and F1 had been arguing, so I don't buy this excuse of "public opinion" placing pressure on their relationship if they were already having issues before anyone even knew who F1 was.

After the way she reacted to Jamie's revelations about Carlin's peacocking I get the feeling Angie would be high maintenance in relationships and her idea of "communication" is probably telling Carlin her list of grievances and him trying to placate her IMO.

None of it bodes well, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:07 am

I think spending Christmas with your boyfriend or girlfriend when you've been together for three months is kind of weird tbh. Even if you're all in on the relationship. Not just saying that about Angie and Carlin, about anyone. I would never, and have never.  ETA I even think introducing your boy/girlfriend to your family at ~3 months along would be too soon.  I think my comfort zone is more like a year or so, when you really know it's more than a passionate (or otherwise) fling.

(eta I know this show is bizzarro world where people are contemplating marriage to these people after a first date)
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:39 am

leavers wrote:...snipped
(eta I know this show is bizzarro world where people are contemplating marriage to these people after a first date)

Your ETA is the thing for me - Angie tells Carlin she loves him after what, 40 hours of filming (generous estimate) when she's never been in love before - and expects us to believe that, and yet they are both indignant when people think it's weird they're not spending Xmas together?  They can't have it both ways IMO.  

If she had really fallen in love with someone for the first time I'd think she'd want to spend every moment possible with him.  Gold Coast to Sydney is only a 1.5 hour flight and yet at this rate by Boxing Day they will have spent longer apart that when Matt went overseas without Chelsie.  It's just not adding up, to me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:44 am

Well it would be really weird for me to in a relationship with someone I claim to be in love with yet keep them separate from my family who I’m super close with. Length of time is irrelevant imo. If we’re dropping L-bombs, it’s serious, & if it’s serious we would naturally definitely hang out with our families, on regular occasions but especially Christmas. I just think you can’t on one hand talk about how madly in love you are, then try to play off your relationship as not that serious. It’s one or the other & actions speak louder than words. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:08 am

ReneeM wrote:Well it would be really weird for me to in a relationship with someone I claim to be in love with yet keep them separate from my family who I’m super close with. Length of time is irrelevant imo. If we’re dropping L-bombs, it’s serious, & if it’s serious we would naturally definitely hang out with our families, on regular occasions but especially Christmas. I just think you can’t on one hand talk about how madly in love you are, then try to play off your relationship as not that serious. It’s one or the other & actions speak louder than words. All jmo.
Angie has said in her IG posts that they will spend Christmas Day with their families and then Carlin will join Angie's family on Boxing Day. That's pretty normal, especially for a new relationship.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:11 am

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:...snipped

Your ETA is the thing for me - Angie tells Carlin she loves him after what, 40 hours of filming (generous estimate) when she's never been in love before - and expects us to believe that, and yet they are both indignant when people think it's weird they're not spending Xmas together?  They can't have it both ways IMO.  

If she had really fallen in love with someone for the first time I'd think she'd want to spend every moment possible with him.  Gold Coast to Sydney is only a 1.5 hour flight and yet at this rate by Boxing Day they will have spent longer apart that when Matt went overseas without Chelsie.  It's just not adding up, to me.
*edited*   They live in different cities so doing long distance, it's a relatively new relationship with lots of time apart except for their Vietnam holiday.  They both had to get back to real life and are planning on Boxing Day etc together and then Angie moving to Sydney in the new year - sounds pretty normal to me.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Snark)

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:06 am

Top comment on the above article:

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 31 I9POuu5

Source

Also, I'm not sure what real life Angie had to get back to since she doesn't appear to be working.  She could easily have gone down to Sydney for the weekends if she wanted to IMO.  Living in different cities is a handy excuse for not spending time together IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 48 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify