SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Enough Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:23 am

Let see whether they will be seeing each other this weekend. Carlin is attending the party of his new agent in Gold Coast.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B54fsyFgokc/?igshid=jw7gji5wxt0

Enough

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by appiah01 Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:13 pm

I actually listened to the whole podcast and thought it was great. Angie comes across so much more grounded and thoughtful to me in those forums. Contextually I didn't hear anything that I thought were red flags. She essentially said she's in a real relationship in which they don't always get along and she's not going to pretend on social media or otherwise that they're perfect. On the Christmas issue, she said they were going to try to spend the day with both of their families at first but that was too much work and not necessary- they're dating, not engaged. Instead, they'll spend the day with their respective loved ones and then spend the rest of the year together. starting on Boxing Day when Carlin will join in on Angie's family fun. She's moving to Sydney fairly soon so they'll have plenty of time together. I dated someone for 7 months last year and while we spoke on Christmas and Christmas Eve, we didn't see each other until the day after and then on NYE. I didn't think it was the mark of issues in our relationship- it was logistics and what made sense. Everyone is different and I get what she's saying- she spoke with Georgia and Georgia reinforced that they are now in a real relationship with their own timelines. Totally true. Makes it no less authentic.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:...snipped
(eta I know this show is bizzarro world where people are contemplating marriage to these people after a first date)

Your ETA is the thing for me - Angie tells Carlin she loves him after what, 40 hours of filming (generous estimate) when she's never been in love before - and expects us to believe that, and yet they are both indignant when people think it's weird they're not spending Xmas together?  They can't have it both ways IMO.  

If she had really fallen in love with someone for the first time I'd think she'd want to spend every moment possible with him.  Gold Coast to Sydney is only a 1.5 hour flight and yet at this rate by Boxing Day they will have spent longer apart that when Matt went overseas without Chelsie.  It's just not adding up, to me.

I don't believe anything about it! laugh out loud

That goes for all of them, every season since Matty J's has been a joke :soapbox
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Again, where are these ‘rules’ that dictate how often people should be seeing each other in a new relationship, how they should be spending holidays together and how they are supposed to feel about each other after a certain amount of time? I mean if there’s a manual, I haven’t seen one 😂.
Every relationship is different and should be based on individual merit.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Just Looking wrote:
Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:...snipped
(eta I know this show is bizzarro world where people are contemplating marriage to these people after a first date)

Your ETA is the thing for me - Angie tells Carlin she loves him after what, 40 hours of filming (generous estimate) when she's never been in love before - and expects us to believe that, and yet they are both indignant when people think it's weird they're not spending Xmas together?  They can't have it both ways IMO.  

If she had really fallen in love with someone for the first time I'd think she'd want to spend every moment possible with him.  Gold Coast to Sydney is only a 1.5 hour flight and yet at this rate by Boxing Day they will have spent longer apart that when Matt went overseas without Chelsie.  It's just not adding up, to me.
*edited*   They live in different cities so doing long distance, it's a relatively new relationship with lots of time apart except for their Vietnam holiday.  They both had to get back to real life and are planning on Boxing Day etc together and then Angie moving to Sydney in the new year - sounds pretty normal to me.

Agree with you @Just Looking.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 pm

ReneeM wrote:Well it would be really weird for me to in a relationship with someone I claim to be in love with yet keep them separate from my family who I’m super close with. Length of time is irrelevant imo. If we’re dropping L-bombs, it’s serious, & if it’s serious we would naturally definitely hang out with our families, on regular occasions but especially Christmas. I just think you can’t on one hand talk about how madly in love you are, then try to play off your relationship as not that serious. It’s one or the other & actions speak louder than words. All jmo.

The families live in different parts of the country,  in the second largest state in Australia: Queensland, and as you know, Australia is a massive country. Carlin's family is in North Queensland (Townsville, which is a regional coastal city) and Angie's family is ,I believe, in South Queensland, either the Sunshine coast or The Gold Coast, both places are closer to Brisbane and even closer to Sydney (which is in the state of New South Wales) than to Townsville.  Further, since both families seem to be outside the capital cities it is not just about catching a flight because not all the airlines go to regional cities and more planning is required which can be stressful and unnecessary. Frankly,  I don't see their situation as problematic at all precisely because of that. For instance, my family and my husband's families are in different cities (even different countries). My husband's family is in Melbourne while mine is not in Australia but overseas.  As a rule one year we spend it with one family, and another year with another,  yet this year we will not be spending Christmas with any of our parents, siblings or relatives,  but in our own city (the city in which we are now which is not our original city but we have lived here for many many year), in our own home with our  18 year old son, the family we have formed together, and we will have friends over but not other members of our respective  families will be here with us even though they are welcome to come to see us if that is what they wish; everyone is welcome for we celebrate both Christmas's Eve (as in Europe and some South American countries do we have a feast!) and also Christmas Day, Boxing Day is more relaxing. In Australia people live apart from each other and move cities and countries a lot, Australians are well known for that, so my case is definitely not an isolated case.

Just this year we were asking friends -as we do every year really- were they were spending Christmas because we never know, and we received many different responses. IMO and based on my experience, culturally, Australia and the US are very different; hence, the 'Christmas' expectations are also  IMO  remarkably different. I have many American friends and family in the US and wow, unlike in the US, the UK influence is very strong here in Australia. For starters we don't have Thanksgiving here...and in the US  Thanksgiving is sometimes used in the US to  'negotiate' whose families are visited on Christmas and on Thanksgiving.

IMHO Carlin and Angie have made a wise decision, especially this early in their relationship. Before getting married many years ago I date other people and I always spend Christmas with my family not with my exes. Fortunately, my exes and their families felt the same so there was no judgement. That is one of the reasons why I am still in great terms with my exes and in excellent terms with their families. People appreciate independence at the right time;likewise, there is no reason for the families to feel obliged to meet or spend Christmas together just because their respective children are dating. That is usually done after a couple have been together for a good period of time so families know each other. IMHO that is the best approach.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos, capitals and IMHO and to add the Thanksgiving comment and divide paragraphs)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 pm

The point for me is not whether or not they spend Xmas Day together - it's that if they don't see each other until Boxing Day, that will be three weeks from their AACTA appearance (December 5).

For two people who had to hide for so long, I'd have thought they'd be keen to see other's REAL lives, not just go on a sponsored holiday, attend an awards show then disappear back to their respective states.

I'll be interested to see if Carlin sees Angie when he's in the GC for the party noted by @Enough upthread (although now that it's been noticed here, I'm sure their publicist will *suggest* he does).

ETA: Wow. Charming.

"People are like, 'Are you and Carlin fighting?' I'm like, 'Yeah, he gives me the sh*ts sometimes.'

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 am

Bobette wrote:

ETA:  Wow.  Charming.

"People are like, 'Are you and Carlin fighting?' I'm like, 'Yeah, he gives me the sh*ts sometimes.'

Source

Angie comes across to me as very challenging to be around. I imagine her as being very abrasive and hard to get along with. I think her heart's in the right place, the stuff she's done for animals and people with disabilities are all really great and I give her genuine kudos for that. But just getting on with her day-to-day would be really difficult I think.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:53 am

leavers wrote:
Bobette wrote:

ETA:  Wow.  Charming.

Source

Angie comes across to me as very challenging to be around. I imagine her as being very abrasive and hard to get along with. I think her heart's in the right place, the stuff she's done for animals and people with disabilities are all really great and I give her genuine kudos for that. But just getting on with her day-to-day would be really difficult I think.

I think Angie is a rather peculiar person. The way she comes across to me is  as you say, abrasive; additionally,  she is not a person I find intellectually stimulating so she and I probably wouldn't be friends but I respect the fact that she speaks her mind and I believe she is, in essence, a  good person.   IMHO Angie has a questionable taste in men; yet, I believe that she made the best choice for her.   Whether Carlin and Angie stay together 'forever and ever' or not is not something that bothers me at all. I believe that right now they are  in love and they are taking things slowly and IMHO that is clever. I don't really care about what they do on social media because I don't follow them, and also because neither Carlin nor Angie have any relevance in my personal life. When I am not in the forum I don't even dedicate to them more than 5 minutes a day, for, unless there is a relevant article about them, I don't think of them.  Obviously, since I have followed their love story, I wish them happiness. The World can do with more kindness, especially during Christmas Smiley :halo: :yes:

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:35 am

Enough wrote:Let see whether they will be seeing each other this weekend. Carlin is attending the party of his new agent in Gold Coast.

So Carlin has been on the GC since yesterday hanging with Phoebe from Survivor and other *influencers* from his new management crew, while Angie has been her family home (also on the GC).  

He was posting IG stories from their Xmas party last night and is currently with them again at the beach.  Still no sign of Angie.  I wonder if they'll even bother meeting up before he escapes back to Syd.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 Hwl7g3j

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 KXGAYwB

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:52 am

Bobette wrote:
Enough wrote:Let see whether they will be seeing each other this weekend. Carlin is attending the party of his new agent in Gold Coast.

So Carlin has been on the GC since yesterday hanging with Phoebe from Survivor and other *influencers* from his new management crew, while Angie has been her family home (also on the GC).  

He was posting IG stories from their Xmas party last night and is currently with them again at the beach.  Still no sign of Angie.  I wonder if they'll even bother meeting up before he escapes back to Syd.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 Hwl7g3j

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 32 KXGAYwB

Source

I think it is great for Carlin to spend time with friends while Angie does he own stuff, and vice versa. Each of them have had a good group of friends before they met; and it is so early in the relationship that I think it is not only healthy but wise to make sure they don't neglect their respective group of friends and family. IMO and also scientific studies support the notion that too much too soon tends to be a relationship killer because people tend to lose their individuality (or at least they feel as they do) when things happen too rapidly and there isn't a well defined transition process  that occurs naturally. Add to that the fact that Carlin and Angie  just came back from a trip together, and IMO it all makes sense.  IMO, at this stage, there are not particularly revealing sign of them growing apart. In fact, the last post she wrote about Carlin and how she felt towards him was extremely sweet, she wasn't proposing at all but some took it that way because it was clear that she was speaking what was in her heart at that particular time. Things may change in the near future, but right now, IMO there is no reason to think they are not a solid couple. All I wish sometimes is for Angie to be more careful with the way she articulates her thoughts and not just  about her relationship with Carlin but  in general. IMO she doesn't seem to have a good filter but the filter improves as we people age IMHO

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add IMHO and change capitals)

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:46 am

I’m not even the clingy type that needs to be together all time but I would think if I lived in a different area from the person I’m dating and claim to be in love with, and then we’re in the same city, we would absolutely be meeting up. Otherwise why TF are we dating? Like, imagine dating someone you don’t care to spend time with laugh out loud.

via GIPHY

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify