SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Wed May 13, 2020 11:48 am

Just a bit of local info...Los Angeles County Health czar is talking about extending "safe at home" procedures until July 31st.  Then we received info from LA City Mayor Garcetti to "not freak out" that these restrictions would be based upon ongoing improvements/set backs and would have some flexibility, and in all likelihood, not look like they do today.  I have no clear idea what that means about filming in LA, but have heard small discussions of resuming some types.  Also, the bachelor mansion I think is technically in Ventura County so not technically covered by these restrictions.  All this is to say I still have no clear idea of when filming might resume...no sleuthing hints out there.  I want them to stay safe and do what is necessary to save everyone involved, including the local communities from this virus.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Opal Wed May 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Considering the show takes 8 week/2 months to film, Clare would have been engaged by now. I wonder if her hopes are still high for her that an engagement is still on the docket for her this year?

Opal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed May 13, 2020 1:23 pm

IMO, Clare should write off this year. Swapping spit with 10-20 new recruits should not be on her priority list unless they quarantine for two additional weeks first and then spend time with no one except each other for the entire season. How exciting. :dripdrip  

I’m much more interested in seeing some of the previous seasons’ highlights from the Bachelor, Bachelorette and Dancing with the Stars.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:IMO, Clare should write off this year. Swapping spit with 10-20 new recruits should not be on her priority list unless they quarantine for two additional weeks first and then spend time with no one except each other for the entire season. How exciting. :dripdrip  

I’m much more interested in seeing some of the previous seasons’ highlights from the Bachelor, Bachelorette and Dancing with the Stars.

They'd have to quarantine them in hotel rooms for 2 weeks I think (something that happens to people in this franchise even without a pandemic anyway), then test them, if they're negative they're allowed in and then throughout their stay they keep having tests periodically.  That could work.

The same would have to go for any crew too, who wouldn't be able to leave either, otherwise the whole system is compromised.

And the whole thing would be shot on one location.

It just sounds like boring TV to me, they should just cancel it until restrictions are fully lifted and the virus is mostly under control IMO so they can at least have domestic travel.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed May 13, 2020 11:50 pm

One of the reasons I watch is for the travel. If I can't have that, I'd at least want a fun lead...which Clare is not! If they are stuck in one boring location, with who knows what boring dates they come up with and then a self sanctimonious lead who will be bitching and lecturing at everyone...not my idea of a good time.

IMO this has all the makings of an even bigger dumpster fire than Peter's season was!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu May 14, 2020 10:32 am

leavers wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:IMO, Clare should write off this year. Swapping spit with 10-20 new recruits should not be on her priority list unless they quarantine for two additional weeks first and then spend time with no one except each other for the entire season. How exciting. :dripdrip  

They'd have to quarantine them in hotel rooms for 2 weeks I think (something that happens to people in this franchise even without a pandemic anyway), then test them, if they're negative they're allowed in and then throughout their stay they keep having tests periodically.  That could work.

The same would have to go for any crew too, who wouldn't be able to leave either, otherwise the whole system is compromised.

And the whole thing would be shot on one location.

It just sounds like boring TV to me, they should just cancel it until restrictions are fully lifted and the virus is mostly under control IMO so they can at least have domestic travel.

You bring up great points. IMO many shows and movie sets will have to deal with similar concerns. The industry will collapse if studios don’t figure out how to proceed.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri May 15, 2020 5:20 am

Yep. There's an Australian TV show that's started filming again, but with social distancing. No intimate scenes (not a euphemism, I just mean where people are very close) and lots of camera trickery to make people look closer than they are. Temp checks. Less makeup, less people on set, no extras.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/11/arts/television/neighbours-return-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage

So that's a way forward for other shows I think, even other kinds of reality shows. I just think it doesn't work so well for Bachelor/ette, which depends on kissing, other types of intimacy, etc (long close conversations etc). They could only do it if they're quarantined first and the set locked down and then it's just not as interesting. It's a quandary!

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri May 15, 2020 11:34 am

leavers wrote:Yep. There's an Australian TV show that's started filming again, but with social distancing. No intimate scenes (not a euphemism, I just mean where people are very close) and lots of camera trickery to make people look closer than they are. Temp checks. Less makeup, less people on set, no extras.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/11/arts/television/neighbours-return-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage

So that's a way forward for other shows I think, even other kinds of reality shows. I just think it doesn't work so well for Bachelor/ette, which depends on kissing, other types of intimacy, etc (long close conversations etc). They could only do it if they're quarantined first and the set locked down and then it's just not as interesting. It's a quandary!  
Great article
An advantage Bette will have over Neighbors is that the Bette cast & crew will be quarantined for the duration of filming.
I’ve often thought kissing on the m&g night was premature. I don’t remember when that started but it wasn’t always the case. A change could be having just group dates for 10-14 days. That, in addition to quarantining cast pre-filming, should verify no virus so the guys can interact plus potentially delay the kissing component. Nothing wrong with building sexual tension via group dates then going into a run of 1-1 dates. By that time everyone could feel confident that pashing with a clean bill of health can occur. It’s a change but IMO the lead is sometimes obligated to kiss any cast member that initiates. It could be authentic, to have more eliminations beforehand, based on conversation so the lead would have a fuller picture of the remaining 1-1 people. Any guy reliant on his sex appeal is going to begin to look stale if he can’t sustain a convo or convey a sense of humor.  It might be a positive.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri May 15, 2020 12:48 pm

notarose wrote:
leavers wrote:Yep. There's an Australian TV show that's started filming again, but with social distancing. No intimate scenes (not a euphemism, I just mean where people are very close) and lots of camera trickery to make people look closer than they are. Temp checks. Less makeup, less people on set, no extras.

Great article
An advantage Bette will have over Neighbors is that the Bette cast & crew will be quarantined for the duration of filming.
I’ve often thought kissing on the m&g night was premature. I don’t remember when that started but it wasn’t always the case. A change could be having just group dates for 10-14 days. That, in addition to quarantining cast pre-filming, should verify no virus so the guys can interact plus potentially delay the kissing component. Nothing wrong with building sexual tension via group dates then going into a run of 1-1 dates. By that time everyone could feel confident that pashing with a clean bill of health can occur. It’s a change but IMO the lead is sometimes obligated to kiss any cast member that initiates. It could be authentic, to have more eliminations beforehand, based on conversation so the lead would have a fuller picture of the remaining 1-1 people. Any guy reliant on his sex appeal is going to begin to look stale if he can’t sustain a convo or convey a sense of humor.  It might be a positive.

@notarose
You’ve given this a lot of thought and I have to say I love the format you’ve come up with. I agree your recommendation could result in a very positive outcome. I’m up for your experiment.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 pm

@notarose I like it! Good idea! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri May 15, 2020 7:24 pm

I think it would have been better to do BIP instead of going ahead with Clare's season but it seems they’re going ahead. Maybe they think they need it so they can pick a new Bachelor.

I’m definitely onboard with delaying kissing for a while, @notarose. I wish they'd consider your ideas. Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 pm

notarose wrote:

Great article

Kissing is much less of a thing on the Australian franchise and it means that when the lead does kiss a contestant it tends to mean something. So yep, good idea.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+70
Billysmom
mbl
kmick0890
allykat
Topazgold
Jaybird
sun20j2001
Mommyof2
Zaynab
luvstx
msjr