SELECT CONTENT

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by Doggoneit Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:43 am

Emeralds wrote:A conversation like Peter & Madi had in the hanger (after F4RC) would never happen in real life. I thought Peter handled it well by saying that, yes, she was important to him, while noting that he was in two other relationships with women he had strong feelings for. Also, at this point, Peter was unsure of Madi’s feelings for him while that wasn’t the case with the other women, which he said on camera in an ITM. I believe that Hannah B. was more sure about her F1 by FS than Peter, but she was literally cheered for exploring her options with multiple men to be certain about her choice. Why isn’t it ok for Peter to do the same? I’m sure Peter knew that Hannah was going to sleep with at least Jed and that if he was F1, he’d have to work to get over it; I think he assumed his F1 would do the same.

Since he’d just dated a very religious Southern woman who wasn’t saving herself, why would he assume Madi was given it didn’t seem like she’d discussed her faith with him until their second 1:1? Was he really supposed to ask about her sexual experiences ON CAMERA?

IMO, neither was wrong. Peter had the right to take the next step with one or both of the other women. Madi had the right to leave. I just think accepting the F3RC (he asked her if she was sure, which he took as her being committed to trying to move forward) only to leave a few days later was crappy on her part as it didn’t give Peter & Hannah time to sort through things.

The sad thing is that Madi eventually regretted her decision to leave, but I believe for Peter it was evidence that she didn’t feel as strongly for him, which is why he wasn’t interested in rekindling things. His body language by the pool & during ATFR made that clear as did his comment that they both hurt each other deeply.

T
hey simply weren’t meant to be & it seems like both realized how much they loved the other after they’d already made a decision that deeply hurt the other. I’m glad they’re remaining on friendly terms.

JMO

I completely agree with what you have said here. I also agree that he was not interested in rekindling with Madison. I think the meet up in LA was the week before AFR. He was getting SO much criticism, which he is obviously not used to, he never wanted the back lash of a possible Aerie scenario. He did not want to be engaged to HA, but he also really did not want to be that guy. The big support Madi was drawing and the disconnect TPTB had established with-a larger percentage - the audience and HA...until the very last second... gave TPTB the leverage to round out the scenario of them trying. Then they lost the control of the narrative with Barb, and there you go. IMO
Whatever anyone says about Peter, he wears his feelings all over his face and body. I knew from the media blitz they had him on in January-his entire demeanor-he was no longer in a relationship and was resigned. IMO the last minute decision to bring Madi in was not in his control. And, that is why his family was so in shock and seemingly blindsided.

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by MommaSez Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am

I just wish TPTB had left things alone. The producer-led manipulations this season were insane and way OTT. There was no need for the failed "Hail Mary pass" to see if they could reconcile Peter and Madi. We could've just had Madi come out like a normal F2, ask a her and Peter few questions, find out what went down in AU from both of them, and gotten closure. I would've loved that. Instead, we were assaulted by Barb. And, yes, I felt assaulted by her. I cannot even imagine how Madi must've felt. GAH!

I didn't watch HB's season, so I had no real preconceived notions of who Peter was before his season began (other than 4X + windmill). All season long, I saw an amazing connection between Peter and Madi that had me rooting for them. They made me smile. I actually really liked the Peter I saw when he was with her. I hadn't rooted for two people on this show in a very, very long time and was hopeful that RS's "spoilers" were correct. Seeing how it all actually played out was so horrific and downright disheartening. For everyone.

I think this season has FINALLY cured me of my dirty little Bachelor addiction. I'm not invested enough in Clare to care anymore. And, honestly, I just feel very icky after being a party to how that whole finale played out, knowing TPTB did all of those things for OUR supposed viewing enjoyment. I feel culpable now for watching this show, feeding the need for ever-increasing drama and the manipulations. This show has always been fake, but it's so far off the spectrum from any sort of reality any more that it's ridiculous.

IMO

MommaSez

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeralds Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 am

I feel exactly the same way @MommaSez. For Chris to out & out LIE to Madi & give her false hope is unconscionable. I have to believe that Madi had many discussions with her family to get them to support her giving her relationship with Peter another chance...all based on a lie. sad No wonder Madi immediately unfollowed Chris & other producers. I'm glad Madi & Peter got to talk & end things for good privately.

Rather than what transpired, I would have liked to have heard more from both of them about the pivotal FS episode, how Peter felt about her decision to leave, etc. Their love story will always have a "what could have been?" type feel to it. Their differences likely would have pulled them apart in time, but it sure would have been beautiful to watch while it lasted & I just feel like we were robbed of that by a show that prioritizes drama, emotional pain, & tears over love & happiness.

Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeralds Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Billysmom wrote:Madi IMHO was a class act who will be tough to top.... I think whether he admits it or not he will be kicking himself over her for a loooooooooooong time...though he will likely swallow huge gulps of the Barb koolaid just so he can live with himself (and with his family to boot laugh out loud). Jmo

Madi absolutely is a class act, but she wasn't right for Peter & vice versa. I think it says something about Peter that the most marriage-minded contestant we've had in quite some time still wanted to try with him. Nick commented on Peter's IG that he'd be happy for one of his sisters to marry Peter. Both know Peter much better than I do. I think it's clear he has things in his life to sort out, but I still think the guy will be a mega-catch someday.

Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Not a fan of nick anymore, so his support doesn't change my estimation of peter in any way, Jmho.

Peter's always just been blah for me, not my type. But ymmv.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm

I just don't think that Peter is ready for marriage yet. He's not the first Bachelor to be that way and probably won't be the last. I just think that he had some poor decisions on the show and could use some distance from his family to figure out who he is and what he wants IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Did anyone see his IG post looks like he is back to work.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 pm

Emeralds wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Madi IMHO was a class act who will be tough to top.... I think whether he admits it or not he will be kicking himself over her for a loooooooooooong time...though he will likely swallow huge gulps of the Barb koolaid just so he can live with himself (and with his family to boot laugh out loud). Jmo

Madi absolutely is a class act, but she wasn't right for Peter & vice versa. I think it says something about Peter that the most marriage-minded contestant we've had in quite some time still wanted to try with him. Nick commented on Peter's IG that he'd be happy for one of his sisters to marry Peter. Both know Peter much better than I do. I think it's clear he has things in his life to sort out, but I still think the guy will be a mega-catch someday.

I semi like Nick, but he is nuts if he would be happy to have one of his sisters marry Peter. I'm not even getting into what a wuss Peter is who can't make a decision to save his life, just the fact that the poor woman would have to deal with Barb should be enough to put anyone off!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:50 am

Sprite wrote:
Emeralds wrote:

I semi like Nick, but he is nuts if he would be happy to have one of his sisters marry Peter. I'm not even getting into what a wuss Peter is who can't make a decision to save his life, just the fact that the poor woman would have to deal with Barb should be enough to put anyone off!!!
IA
This is really nice of Nick, but I don’t believe him for a second.
Apart from Peter’s shortcomings, I would not wish even my worst enemy to have Barb as MIL.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:37 pm

blueblues wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Emeralds wrote:

IA
This is really nice of Nick, but I don’t believe him for a second.
Apart from Peter’s shortcomings, I would not wish even my worst enemy to have Barb as MIL.
JMO

I agree totally with @Sprite and @blueblues
I just found Peter to be weak and indecisive = pathetic. Personally, I would only date him to torture Barb. Nothing would be more fun than giving her some of the evil hell she gave Madi for a month or two. It would be my pleasure. I’d do that, for sport. Of course we know it wouldn’t last longer than that because Peter would never last long with anyone who didn’t bend over backwards to kiss the wrist of his shrew of a mother. His weakness erases his hotness totally for me. All I can see is what a wussy noodle he is. Nothing at all hot about that. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm

@Chgohighlife giggling Apparently someone who has worked for Delta for a while was asked if they know him and they said «  Yeah, he’s like, 12... » hehehe It’s kind of sad too and unfortunate because of all the collateral damages involved IMO.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Astrobach wrote:@Chgohighlife giggling Apparently someone who has worked for Delta for a while was asked if they know him and they said «  Yeah, he’s like, 12... » hehehe It’s kind of sad too and unfortunate because of all the collateral damages involved IMO.

@Astrobach
That much is clear. An entire cocktail party was canceled every time he lost his rattle. Victoria of his F3 never answered a single question he asked her. Hannah Brown snatched a knot in his entire season and then left. People just made up lies and told him, for the fun of it. Chris Harrison took over his decisions and called Peter’s Momma to co-star. I mean. Not Peter Pilot. Peter Pitiful/Peter Pathetic.
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Weber - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

+55
nikikass
provenceguy
Zaynab
frajosfanofchris
ule101