SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by Norcalgal Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am

Andrew Cuomo of NY is an example of an outstanding governor's leadership.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5328

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Looking for others' opinions.

My cousin shared a post on her FB feed that listed a bunch of addresses in my neighborhood with items that could be found in their yard/on their porch if you are walking by or driving by. No explanation so I clicked on the person's FB feed that she shared it from. Turns out that girl that lives in my neighborhood is encouraging people to do a scavenger hunt through my neighborhood then go to a local ice cream place for an treat when finished.

She says that people can park at her house and walk the neighborhood to do it or they can drive but to "be sure to watch out for the littles" if driving. Ummmmmm..... my neighborhood has no sidewalks. People have to walk on the street.

I know that you are encouraged to get outside during a stay at home order but I just don't feel right about this. I see nothing wrong with those in the neighborhood walking. Many do on a daily basis but to invite people into the neighborhood that don't live here... Also, my neighborhood has around 200 houses in it.

Bottom line is I don't like this idea.

Thoughts?

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Andrew Cuomo of NY is an example of an outstanding governor's leadership.

@Norcalgal
I agree 100%. Andrew Cuomo is amazing in the absolute coronavirus petri dish that is NYC. I have been so impressed with his ability to build solutions instead of questions. He and my governor are very close and very similar in their approach. Cuomo is a very smart man, clearly and New York is fortunate to have him. All IMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:Looking for others' opinions.

My cousin shared a post on her FB feed that listed a bunch of addresses in my neighborhood with items that could be found in their yard/on their porch if you are walking by or driving by.  No explanation so I clicked on the person's FB feed that she shared it from.  Turns out that girl that lives in my neighborhood is encouraging people to do a scavenger hunt through my neighborhood then go to a local ice cream place for an treat when finished.

She says that people can park at her house and walk the neighborhood to do it or they can drive but to "be sure to watch out for the littles" if driving.  Ummmmmm..... my neighborhood has no sidewalks. People have to walk on the street.  

I know that you are encouraged to get outside during a stay at home order but I just don't feel right about this. I see nothing wrong with those in the neighborhood walking. Many do on a daily basis but to invite people into the neighborhood that don't live here... Also, my neighborhood has around 200 houses in it.

Thoughts?

Stupid idea IMO. Encouraging people to go out. We are advised only to walk the dog ore walk to get a bit a fresh air, but alone and not in crowded places.

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 13 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:34 pm

@HavaDrPepper IMO this is a horrible suggestion. There are so many options to keep busy and to keep children busy.  Why take a chance of items being picked up that who knows where they've been.

There are some people that just don't understand how serious this is. If they stayed informed and read the news around the world, they might get it through their thick heads.

I was listening to a talk show program yesterday and they were discussing one of the Provinces in Canada is issuing Amber alerts to remind people to stay home. One person called in lambasting their leader for doing this. Waking him up at night, scaring him that something bad happened. The next caller, a nurse gave it right back to him. She said I'm working 16 hours a day, self isolating after her shifts, hasn't seen her family in two weeks, her brother and his wife are expecting any day now and she'll be lucky to see that baby in 3 4 5 months who knows, because of stupid people who are still walking the streets and going about their business as if nothing is going on. Almost half of the infected in Canada is now community spread, nothing to do with travel, so if the amber alerts are scaring people, maybe they'll realize how serious this is. And if they don't, too bad, she hopes they get woken up every single night, while she's working her 16 hours with limited sleep and wondering if that's the day she gets infected.

I've been following Gov Cuomo, all I can say is thank goodness for him and other Gov's who are doing whatever they can to protect the people that voted them in. I'm reading some crazy sh*t out there and it's almost too much to handle.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:40 pm

@HavaDrPepper bad idea I agree

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks for the responses.

There are also a lot of "older" people living in this neighborhood. Probably more in the 50+ range than those with younger children.

My cousin that posted it responded to my questions about it. She is a nurse and sees nothing wrong with it deadhorse

She said another town is doing it as well. That town is in a county that has 19 confirmed cases and 1 death from COVID-19.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:Looking for others' opinions.

My cousin shared a post on her FB feed that listed a bunch of addresses in my neighborhood with items that could be found in their yard/on their porch if you are walking by or driving by.  No explanation so I clicked on the person's FB feed that she shared it from.  Turns out that girl that lives in my neighborhood is encouraging people to do a scavenger hunt through my neighborhood then go to a local ice cream place for an treat when finished.

She says that people can park at her house and walk the neighborhood to do it or they can drive but to "be sure to watch out for the littles" if driving.  Ummmmmm..... my neighborhood has no sidewalks. People have to walk on the street.  

Thoughts?

@HaveADrPepper
As I see it, she is setting your community up for robberies and thefts and possible home invasions. When there are lots of goodies and valuables in the yards, thieves will always be willing to go the next step to see what's inside and since there are also people inside, this is a dangerous proposition. If she was my neighbor, I'd put on my sneakers, run over to where she lives, don a mask and gloves and kick her a**.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
@HaveADrPepper
As I see it, she is setting your community up for robberies and thefts and possible home invasions. When there are lots of goodies and valuables in the yards, thieves will always be willing to go the next step to see what's inside and since there are also people inside, this is a dangerous proposition. If she was my neighbor, I'd put on my sneakers, run over to where she lives, don a mask and gloves and kick her a**.

While I would like to do that, I physically can't!

I do live in a small town of about 9,000 and my county only has about 45 to 50,000 and at this time no confirmed cases of COVID-19. But many in this county work in other counties that do have confirmed cases so IMO it is here, just not confirmed. Also heard last night that the county south of us has a confirmed case. The county north of us that has the 2 large hospitals in the region has said that it has treated a COVID-19 patient at one of the hospitals although the patient is the one case from the county west of us. So every county around mine has been "touched" by this virus.

I just don't understand the mindset of some people. These stay at home orders are put in place for a reason.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:21 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
@HaveADrPepper

While I would like to do that, I physically can't!

I do live in a small town of about 9,000 and my county only has about 45 to 50,000 and at this time no confirmed cases of COVID-19. But many in this county work in other counties that do have confirmed cases so IMO it is here, just not confirmed.  Also heard last night that the county south of us has a confirmed case.  The county north of us that has the 2 large hospitals in the region has said that it has treated a COVID-19 patient at one of the hospitals although the patient is the one case from the county west of us.  So every county around mine has been "touched" by this virus.

I just don't understand the mindset of some people.  These stay at home orders are put in place for a reason.

@HaveaDrPepper
Covid19 is only one of your worries. What's in my yard is mine. If I didn't want it, I'd dispose of it so, what's she inviting people to take? Let's not get so focused on the virus that we forget common sense. I think you should call your local police and make them aware of the post and who the culprit is.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Not taking things, just looking for the items in the yard.  Evidently there is a challenge going around the country to "find the bears in the window". Just saw it shared on my FB page.  I guess it is an activity to keep young kids engaged and not driving their parents nuts.  Found it #randomactsofcommunity  

The gal in my neighborhood just took it to another level. She went around the neighborhood and noticed things in the yard and on porches.  The decorative things like wreaths on doors, garden stakes/flag, ornamental statues etc.  She wrote up a list and posted it for people to "find" these things then go get an ice cream when they are done. Thankfully my house is not on the list... I don't have anything in my yard/flower beds at this time. The wind chime doesn't go out until May 1st!

I just went to get my mail. My mailbox is at the end of the driveway. I saw a lot of people out walking, many with small kids and not keeping the "social distance".  My neighbor that mows my grass came home so I yelled at him and he came into my yard and we talked for about 10 minutes... staying 8 to 10 feet away from each other.  I told him about the "scavenger hunt" and he wasn't happy either.  Several families walked by while we were talking.  Only one did he recognize as living in the neighborhood and he knows most of the people in it.

Not happy at all about this.  My cousin that has a blind dog can't even walk her dog because of all this activity. The dog gets spooked because she can't see other people and any voices she doesn't know.

deadhorse

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 pm

@HavaDrPepper that is totally unacceptable. I'd be freaking out if I had all those people walking around my neighbourhood. I walk my dog to the corner and back if it's too cold. If it's mild I'll walk around the block. No way would I take him out with people around on a good day. I don't need people coming towards him wanting to pet him. Stay away!

I heard a motorcycle in the distance last night and realized, wow, I have not heard a motorcycle yet this spring. Strange times.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down