SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:41 pm

@HavaDrPepper Canada extended their tax deadline a couple of weeks ago to June 1st from April 30th but I won't be surprised if that's extended again. Tax offices were not part of the essential list, and have closed. They are trying to clarify.

All Service Ontario offices are now closed. License renewal's etc. Some were letting one person in at a time, but it became too overwhelming and staff weren't feeling safe.

On a good note PMTrudeau announced all business's who can't pay their employees will be paid 75% of their income backdated to March 15th. Also announced Canadians will receive $2000/mth until June/20. I'm not making this a political post, just trying to post some positive information.

I need to get off twitter today and get work done as I find I'm going on a rampage! Embarressed!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Yeah, federal was extended but the states weren't. Each state has to do that on their own. I'm just glad Ohio did because of the fact that the state return is based on the federal return. My federal return is the one that I need to meet with the CPA about. It is the more complicated return. Had I done it wrong with software on my own then filed the state based on it, I would be looking at doing an amended return for the state once the federal was done. Actually 2 state returns. I have to do the regular state and in Ohio some of our school districts gets additional tax monies by a tax return (voters approved of doing it). I live in a school district that has a tax return.

So yeah, I'm extremely excited that the state of Ohio extended the deadline. If anyone still wants to file their returns for their refunds, they can. I don't get refunds anymore so it is better for me to wait.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 pm

You have a state return and a federal return?

We have one return, either personal or business, both federal.

Made a quick dash to the grocery store. They had a sanitizer station outside. I've never seen anything like that before and I can't find an image of it anywhere on google. There was also a security guard, I have no idea why but he was just standing there. It was a tall round object, over 5 3", circular with cup holders that had several different bottles of alcohol spray in the holder. In the middle section it had various santizers, all I saw was melon because it didn't want to stand there to long. I put my gloved hand under it and a ton came out, I did it a couple of times. I rubbed my gloves till they were soaking wet. I did it before I went in too. Cleaned my car keys and steering wheel when I got in my car. It smelled lovely. laugh out loud #TheGlovedSanitizerNut

General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 15 Glove11

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Yeah, we have federal returns and state returns. Also, like I said, I also pay school district taxes so there is a return for that which is based on my state return. And, if I lived in the city limits of my town, I would have to file/pay city taxes as well. And, the city return is based on the federal return. So to try to file any of those returns before the federal return is useless. So that is why I am glad the state legislature passed the extension for tax returns.

My county announced their first positive case of a resident of the county tonight. A 65 year old woman is all it said. Just today the 3 counties in the area that had no positive cases all announced they had at least one.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:15 am

Astrobach wrote:Just dropping another great podcast from NYT, pretty discouraging to hear experts agree that we are still so far away from relief or ‘ flattening the curve’ when entire States, - and it starts at the WH, who has modeled a completely chaotic and contradictory leadership- are not getting the seriousness of this pandemic.
At least California’s governor is taking action and not waiting for orders from the top. He just announced today that we will have enough respirators to face the possible demands.
Stay safe people!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/podcasts/the-daily/coronavirus.html

@Astrobach
Thanks! I agree with everything you’re saying.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:17 pm

This clearly shows how quickly this has gotten out of hand especially when nothing was being done early on to stop the spread.

https://twitter.com/InterviewerAk

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that the USA leads the world in the number of cases at this time.  Look at the population of the country.  # 3 only behind China and India.  The statistic to look at is the % of cases in regards to the population.  USA is way less than 1%.  According to Worldometers.info population information, 1% for the USA would be 3,310,026 cases.  No where near that yet.

Using the statistics from the John Hopkins Map with 124,763 cases in the USA, we are still only at 0.0377%.

IMO, there is a reason why China's numbers (82,120) are low for their population (1,439,323,776). They locked down Wuhan and the Hubei province for over 8 weeks.  Had they not done that, the scope of this virus affecting the world would be even worse than it is.  Unfortunately, the virus did get out of China before that happened and we have the pandemic.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:54 pm

We need some positive news!
Tom Hanks and wife are back home. Three nba players are recovered. So is Mrs Trudeau.

In hindsight, I think it’s a blessing in disguise that Rudy Gobert was tested positive, and Adam Silver had the guts to suspend the season, then all other sports leagues followed. Can you imagine if all of them continued to play, even without audience, how many would get infected?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:04 pm

My favourite state Florida, which I have a booked airline ticket and condo, for July, (which isn't going to  happen now) and have been going for the last 30 years, is so backwards at the moment. I saw another church filled with people just now on twitter. The whole world is working hard to lock down and stop the spread, self isolating for over two weeks now,  streets are like ghost towns everywhere, and here we have a whole state going on about their business as if the over 4000 infected (last week 706) and 56 deaths mean nothing. The Gov issued a statement for the 65 yr old and older stay home and is blaming other states instead of doing something for his own people. Does he not know about the infant in Chicago that passed away or the number of teen's 20's 30's etc that are infected? I'm putting this here and plan on comparing the numbers next week to show the difference.

At this point, I don't think I'll ever go back there.

I apologize for the rant but people are dying.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/03/28/florida-coronavirus-cases-pass-4000-border-checkpoints-vacation-rentals-suspended/2934407001/

The population of Canada 33 million. Number of cases 6243 64 deaths.

The population of Florida 21 million. Number of cases 4,246 and 56 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-sunday-march-29-20200329-pxz2jqup3zg3hpbbtotexkwxrm-story.html

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 pm

@sdmom thanks for the positive news. Sophie Trudeau posted a beautiful encouraging vid this morning. I couldn't embed the link so I didn't post it. She encouraged everyone to listen to the health experts, stay in contact with friends and family reiterated no one is alone, we are all in this together. Very sweet words.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:55 pm

@GuardianAngel Thanks for that info. Totally agree that Florida alone is and will be responsible for a large number of contaminated people going back everywhere else in the States, as we saw with the one phone video listed upthread.

Just a correction, Canada has now almost 38 million ! I always give the comparison with California which has about the same as Canada with 40 millions.  As of today 5565 cases of Covid -19 reported.

ETA
Statistic: Total number of cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of March 29, 2020, by state | Statista
Find more statistics at  Statista
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:01 pm

@GuardianAngel not sure how to decrease the size of this graph...
TYIA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat - #2

+24