SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Speaking of how much more we don't know, interesting article.

https://twitter.com/CTVNews

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 pm

I hadn’t heard about cats catching it. sad

I had a Zoom happy hour with friends yesterday and none of us feel ready to give up social distancing even if our state opens up. It’s tough on businesses but I believe they’re going to have to rethink how they operate in order to keep people & staff safe.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:05 pm

@albean99 I'm with you on being leery of going back to all the freedom we had before the quarantine. I'm ok with staying home and living more simply. This in-between period between lockdown and potential vaccine is going to be hard - people will do stupid things and potentially infect those I love and care about.

The push to reopen the economy faster rather than more slowly makes me think people are delusional that business will rebound right away. Do I want to go to a restaurant to eat dinner - hell no. I used to go the nail salon for a pedicure once a month and I'd sooner do that than have my hair stylist in my face for more than an hour. each month. My gym closed - no income coming in and their lease was up so they decided to close. I can forego that during the warm months when I'm outside more and moving. Shopping for clothes - hell no - if I don't go anywhere, what do I need that's new? Most department stores are probably going to close a lot of stores so there are limited options anyway. Movie theaters - we've all been streaming movies for 6 weeks so can live without that too. Travel to a new location - mm, not right now. And definitely no cruises!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 pm

IA I'm not in any hurry about going back to normal. I have Rod Stewart tickets for July 24th which I hope gets cancelled because I don't want to go to a concert in Toronto.

I cancelled our July vacation to Florida and I'm just not comfortable being near anyone at this point or travelling anywhere for a very long time.

I too get pedicures once every three weeks or so, I do miss that and have been giving myself mini pedi's. I haven't even ordered out since this all started. I know we're suppose to support the local business's, but I can't trust that either. This spreads so easily and so quickly not to mention those that have no idea how they got infected, or those that test positive and show no symptoms is concerning.

I cannot see myself resuming my normal life anytime soon even when they start opening some business's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:29 pm

hmmm

Niagara has had it's challenges of outbreaks in nursing homes, so I can see the justification there, but Toronto, come on! They are some #COVIDIDIOTS who are totally disregarding the safety of other's and a huge problem in nursing homes. sad Numbers are not stabilizing there at all because of the reckless behaviour of some. I haven't checked the other area's yet to see what's going on there. Boy this is disappointing for Niagara and I'm sure the other municipalities. sad

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 pm

@GuardianAngel It is so hard to weigh reopening, albeit gradually, with the need to get back to work and to some normality. In the Bay Area, we can finally visit hair salons again. My stylist is booked pretty solid (no surprise) and the earliest appointment is Jun 24th! But other than that, I'm glad to take things slow. I am still not comfortable going out to dinner. Take out, yes, but sitting with strangers, no.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 pm

@Norcalgal IA! I'm totally in agreement for opening up slow. I'm so happy with the way they have been handling the outbreak.

I know we're suppose to support local but I've only had take out twice. I think it will be a long time for me before I'm comfortable going into a restaurant let alone travel. :nervous

All municipalities other that what I posted above can open salons, outdoor patio's and camp grounds.

Unfortunately we just had 20 migrant workers infected from a local greenhouse, and an employee at a grocery store, so that didn't help our chances. Prior to that we had two new cases here and there per day with some days zero new cases.

The other issue that doesn't help us is Niagara Falls and wine country. There has been a problem with tourists going for drives in those communities. Since nothing is open they are going through drive through's and walking around town.

Niagara Region as a whole, 12 Municipalities, has 717 cases 569 resolved 87 active cases and 61 deaths.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:46 pm

@GuardianAngel Yesterday was our anniversary and it was very difficult to plan something to commemorate. We ended up driving north along the California coast, through Sonoma County and into Mendocino County to Point Arena. Beautiful clear day with 30 mph winds and a bit chilly. We brought a picnic lunch and ate by ourselves on a picnic table at Gualala Regional Park - will post some pics below so you can see how scenic it was. We drove 180 miles but had no interaction with people and had a very memorable day. Was glad to get out of the house but glad to be home, too!

This is along the Sonoma Coast - just a couple miles north of Bodega Bay
General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 25 Parks_10

Fort Ross - settled by the Russians in 1812. They brought the first grapevines to Sonoma County but the wine turned into vinegar. Much too foggy and cold here for their Zinfandel grapes to grow along the coast.
General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 25 0eb99110

This is Gualala Point Regional Park. You can kayak down the river to where it empties into the ocean.
General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 25 Screen20

This is Point Arena Lighthouse. The San Andreas Fault runs in and out along the California coast and the northernmost exit into the ocean is right here.
General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 25 Screen10

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 pm

@Norcalgal That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing and happy anniversary!!!

On a positive note for myself...my vet has reopened and I have an appointment booked for Winston for heartworm and tick season. As well, I snagged myself an appointment at my hairdresser!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 pm

After living with us for almost 3 months in San Diego, my older son will drive back to Santa Clara county in NoCal so he can see more of his girl friend!

I am of course sad to see him leave snd also worry about his safety. He has food here (all our groceries are delivered to home) can do laundry at home, everything he needs is here at home except for his girl friend!

He told me he will be careful and with all things opening up, he doesn’t think seeing her is more dangerous than going to the hairdresser (we don’t) or eating in (we don’t). Sigh! The heart of an over cautious over worrying mother....

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:29 pm

@Norcalgal beautiful! Thanks for sharing! That sounds like a very nice way to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!

@Sprite The vet re opened a couple of weeks ago. I had an appointment for end of June because he was catching up on back up since mid March. But then called me and got me in real early on a Saturday so I was happy! Glad your hair salon's are open!

@sdmom I know how you feel. My son lives in a very high number area. I know he is extremely careful, even before COVID but it's such a worry. sad

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:30 am

@Sprite happy for your upcoming appointments! My first haircut in 4 months is later in June. Antsy!

@sdmom Our job as mothers is to give our kids roots and wings. We cannot keep them rooted to us forever. Be grateful he spent the past few months with you! And believe him when he says he'll be careful. I've been so impressed with my sons' behavior during the pandemic. But it's always the other people you worry about.

@GuardianAngel Thank you for updating all the past contestant threads yesterday. I enjoyed all the memories! I'm sure your son is being careful - after all, he has you as a role model!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat - #2