SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:48 pm

gabriele wrote:I just came across a new thread on Reddit about Rachael going in 2018 to an “Old South” Antebellum Plantation-themed ball in college sponsored by a fraternity which has some truly questionable ties. There are pics. These plantation-themed balls are banned at some schools because they are so obviously racist. Any glorification of plantations, where slavery of black people happened, is wrong. If I’m understanding correctly the balls actually take place at the plantations. Please correct me if that last part is wrong.

I put some pics and information about this on her thread under the contestants/cast members.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:28 pm

frajosfanofchris wrote:

Right on que.

I looked at some of the replies, and most of what I saw were Michelle, Katie or Abigail.

Do we know who leaves this week?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:17 pm

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/1358192870759497730?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:09 pm

The irony of casting the first Black bachelor and his alleged F1 turns out to have a checkered racist past(?)...
I’m sure the show and GMA will covered how black and white can come together because love conquers all.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:56 pm

At this point, I want this season to be over. I was so excited until Rachael was spoiled as F1 and the recent discoveries just aren’t sitting well with me.

From the little I’ve read, Matt seems like the type that can be in love with a woman like Rachael and don’t have an issue with her behaviour.

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 pm

What could she possibly say in her statement? Admit that she's racist, but the famous line that I'm so tired of reading, "that's not who I am". I'm learning everyday BS? I'm just a kid who graduated from college a short time ago and didn't realize my actions offended others??

Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 45 2292733854

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:48 pm

I guess The Sun wrote an article on Rachael where they spoke with her cousin. Why is her cousin speaking out?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 am

RS tweeted that Katie will be the new Bachelorette.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:04 am

I’m resigned to the fact Rachael is f1. I do wonder if the producers had a hand in the outcome or if Matt was instantly drawn to her looks and confidence? Producer must having known her background. Anything for drama. Time will tell if they last.
I do have to question Rachael’s maturity, depth and support system. She can try to apologise however imo it will be shallow as When she was considering if she wanted to go on the show All media were reporting on the Black Lives Matter Movement, discussing racism, the injustice and prejudice towards blacks. It was her decision. Did she think it wouldn’t matter if had the right answers when on camera. Matt himself attended a rally in Florida. Why would she think it would b ok to b a contestant of the first black Bach given she has attended this event and her/family/friends may be considered racist.
I think there is always hope for change in people but I question her sincerity given she knew the score going in. she Only started to diversify her follows after being called out for her bullying and racism so it feels like she is not genuine.
I have to question BN/abc vetting process as always seems to be one questionable contestant each season. She isn’t the first f1 to have a questionable background but it’s the importance of Matt being the first black bach after so long that’s disappointing. With so many amazing women this could have been a memorable season and good foundation for future leads. Instead it’s drama everywhere.

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:14 pm

No matter what the spin doctors come up with, the fact will remain that the first black male lead season was a DUD or worse. What a way to disappoint the fans.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Norcalgal wrote:No matter what the spin doctors come up with, the fact will remain that the first black male lead season was a DUD or worse. What a way to disappoint the fans.

I agree. Not a compelling cast or storyline. They could have done better. Matt himself seems "ok", but I haven't been watching because the sheer meanness between cast members is a turn off. TPTB have certain control over the narrative, and they made choices that to me, an average viewer (I think!) don't find to be especially good television.

Oh well

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Mia_Leoni wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:No matter what the spin doctors come up with, the fact will remain that the first black male lead season was a DUD or worse. What a way to disappoint the fans.

I agree. Not a compelling cast or storyline. They could have done better. Matt himself seems "ok", but I haven't been watching because the sheer meanness between cast members is a turn off. TPTB have certain control over the narrative, and they made choices that to me, an average viewer (I think!) don't find to be especially good television.

Oh well

I have to wonder what we would have thought of Matt had he not had this crazy, very negative group of women to deal with? Sometimes he simply looks lost and confused, as if he can't believe what he is seeing/hearing and is just trying to figure out what to do without looking like a jacka** himself. There are moments when he is more relaxed and playful when I can see the potential of what might have been. He also had some good moments in the last couple of episodes when dealing with the mean girls once he found out what was going on.

Personally, I think tptb made a mistake with the over the top drama for Matt. There are leads who wallow in the drama...Peter and Colton are two that come to mind, however, I think Matt required a more relaxed, fun bunch to bring out the best in him. IMO he is very aware that he is the first black lead and is trying to represent well. This makes him somewhat stiff and the drama makes him even more self conscious and in his head about how to handle things. He has a playful/humorous side that we have seen with all his SM with Tyler and they should have brought this out in him. It would have made for a more enjoyable season all around...for him and for us...irrespective of who he ended up with and their long term prospects.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica