SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Jolena wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:
Jolena wrote:Oh I get it,  it's "brilliant" now to watch someone who you were suppose to be friends with and care about , and had fairly close interaction with to let them destroy their career without pulling them aside and educating them and helping them to recognizing their faults or mistakes. Got it. With friends like that who needs enemies. jmo
Wait, are you blaming Rachel for Chris potentially tanking his career because he couldn't keep his racism in check? IMO that's completely unfair. I'm not really sure what you wanted her to do in that situation -- was she supposed to literally stop the interview to have an educational chat with him? IMO his racism and misogyny were both on full display in the way he talked down to Rachel, cut her off and was generally a condescending jerk to someone he claims is a close friend. Rachel said they spoke after the interview and Chris thought it went really well and clearly didn't see anything wrong with anything he'd said. It seems that he's fully shown his true colours and if he loses his job over this I won't feel the least bit sorry for him.

I would feel sorry for him and for anyone else, because nobody deserves to lose their job, he apologized , everyone deserves a 2nd chance and forgiveness. Everyone makes mistakes . There will be no one to cast on any shows if their going to have to start vetting people way back to their teen years now. This cancel culture IMO is dangerous. JMO

Per the bolded: This isn’t cancel culture. CH didn’t say this privately in his office with the door closed—he did it publicly on air. The vast majority of employers will absolutely not tolerate an employee publicly making racist statements. They will fire you in a hot minute. It’s a direct reflection on the employer and they have no interest in being associated with racism. People get fired everyday for a whole lot less.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:32 pm

I think society is getting confused between cancel culture, and a result of your actions.

IMO you can't do and say whatever the heck you want without consequences if it's against the law, racist, or a host of other wrong doings. We have seen this with many other past contestants. DUI cheating and so forth. The past will always come up and if these contestants can't take the heat, then they shouldn't be on national TV IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:22 pm

ITA, @GuardianAngel  Chris, of all people, knows the impact of words yet didn't appear to have a problem with what he said until the criticism hit. I don't like the term "cancel culture" because it's dismissing people's feelings as not being as important as the one who said or did whatever it was.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Tayshia Adams Says Chris Harrison Stepping Aside from The Bachelor Is 'a Really Good Thing'

https://people.com/tv/tayshia-adams-says-chris-harrison-stepping-aside-from-the-bachelor-is-a-really-good-thing/

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:45 pm

frajosfanofchris wrote:Tayshia Adams Says Chris Harrison Stepping Aside from The Bachelor Is 'a Really Good Thing'

https://people.com/tv/tayshia-adams-says-chris-harrison-stepping-aside-from-the-bachelor-is-a-really-good-thing/

There are some very nice quotes in there. Tayshia is a huge asset to the Bachelor franchise.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Amethyst wrote:
frajosfanofchris wrote:Tayshia Adams Says Chris Harrison Stepping Aside from The Bachelor Is 'a Really Good Thing'

There are some very nice quotes in there. Tayshia is a huge asset to the Bachelor franchise.

Read the article above and all I can say it better not be Tyra Banks who ends up being the host. She has a deal with ABC, but I would seriously be done with the show if she comes on.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:02 pm

@Sprite omg !! Bachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 63 2254279460

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 am

@Sprite  I'm right there with you.  I can barely get through DWTS and usually tape it a bit and start watching part way through so I can fast forward through her parts.  She so inserts herself into the story there, she would be unbearable on TB.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:13 am

Sprite wrote:Read the article above and all I can say it better not be Tyra Banks who ends up being the host. She has a deal with ABC, but I would seriously be done with the show if she comes on.

Oh no! Oh, that would be terrible. I'm a long time DWTS fan, and I'm tired of her elaborate walk-ons. For the longest time this past season, she couldn't even manage the transitions to commercials. I don't want her on The Bachelor franchise shows at all.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:31 am

There are some options for the host of the ATFR show in this article that I haven't heard. I think my favorite would be Robin Roberts because she knows how to do tough interviews, she has empathy, and she's a POC. My least favorite would be Tyra Banks. I don't see Rachel wanting to do it plus I think it would be hard for any of the former cast to do the interview with Rachael K, imo.

Who Will Replace Chris Harrison as Host of The Bachelor's Upcoming After the Final Rose Special?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:46 pm

I'll second Robin Roberts.  I've always liked her, she's smart, fun and compassionate, and is a dead ringer for a friend of mine who has the same qualities.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica