SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 43 of 83 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by butterflylove Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:59 am

I was not expecting Bel to go tonight, I did think it was going to be Maddy or Nicole.
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Rose_c17
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:02 am

@butterflylove She might have taken herself out - she seems like one of the more sensible girls.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:12 am

Stats from tonight. Izzy didn't grow a whole lot from her single date - and I questioned last night whether it's because she's not using her full name as her IG handle, and I think it might be - but I also kind of like, shows she's not really in this for the IG influence..
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Screen55

And the overall season stats, condensed it to just the first and last episode because it was getting too long and too small to screenshot 😂
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Screen54
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I can't get my head around Bella being THAT much more popular than the other girls, even with her tailored edit.  Viewers are tuning out and ratings are dropping each episode.  Something still seems a bit off to me. Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 am

@Bobette, yeah the 3000+ tonight I'm a bit skeptical about, especially since she was hardly in the episode..
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:06 pm

@butterflylove Yeah I'm just not buying it.   Suspect

I went through her most recent followers and some of them definitely appear fake IMO.  Dubious accounts, plus many people following Bella and only Bella from the show.

That doesn't make sense to me since she's very ordinary, a typical Bach contestant - not a unique character like Timm or Ciarran.  And this is one of the least popular seasons ever.

I know it has been mentioned previously that her engagement rate and likes/comments is high, but that can also be manipulated by like factories etc, for the right price.

IMO Bella is purchasing followers and buying engagement just like some of the others, the difference I see is that she's probably paying more for more "discreet" services, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by amylou Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm

I got the impression that Juliette asked that question herself, it seemed very "I am going to act offended and also go into a lot of depth in response to it so I can act like I'm fine with the drama" which would explain why she'd get to Top 7, imo.

I was surprised to be siding with Roxi when she was repeatedly asking to move on and Juliette kept on, which I understand is partly editing but I would have found that infuriating.

amylou

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Bobette wrote:Urrrrgghhhh watching last night's episode and to quote Areeba:

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 OVsZGyP

But since I've already started, OMG has any girl ever had this much of a Golden Girl Disney Princess It Girl edit?  How much airtime did they spend on that whole bit about her and her grandfather?  10 mins?  15?

Contestants must know that if a member of their family dies, they would be notified, and they literally had just rung home re: the virus.  The whole thing was designed to build even MORE viewer empathy for her IMO.

And what's with her clothes?  This is a girl who wears skimpy designer frocks on IG, yet we're meant to believe she opted to wear stuff that looks like it belongs on a depressed 50 year old male horticulturalist?

Bach Bella:

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 2xxJXTg

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 6t7b09C

IG Bella:

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 3FZhwte

Source

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 U4wksjI

Source

Sorry, not buying it.  There is clearly an agenda with Bella's character IMO, and has been from the beginning.  On the positive side, I have really warmed to Charley.  The girls in her class at school must love her.  laugh out loud

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 OGpg0Jj

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 6daBa7M

Source: Tenplay

I found the grandfather bit extremely cheap. Playing out someone's potential death for drama because some whackjob "psychic" took a random stab in the dark at the likelihood of an older relative having cancer? Was one of their worst attempts at "drama."

Totally agree with you on Bella's outfits. I roll my eyes every time they have her in some oversized sweater, especially given it was not even cold at the time. Pretty different vibe to her Instagram.
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 20200911
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 20200910
Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 20200912
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:19 pm

@Vjeff Yeah that "psychic" was a joke - very generic comments about all the girls and mentioning Bella's grandfather was totally contrived IMO.  

I found her comment about Bel interesting though.  Better than who, madam?  Better than the girl they told you to imply he'd have a baby boy with?  Suspect

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 DLFdeEI

Source: Tenplay
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 pm

I suspect the producers may have prepped the psychic with some tidbits. Everything she came out with was pretty generic...except that Locky will be having a boy...although even that is 50/50 chance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Oh definitely.  :yes:  A couple of years ago a journalist went through the application process and uploaded screenshots of all the personal information she was asked to disclose - would be very easy to convert that knowledge into "amazing psychic insights".  Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:17 am

leavers wrote:
Enough wrote:
leavers wrote:Umm how are they in ‘lockdown’ when they clearly have a producer or cameraman in all their places (which suspiciously seem like airbnbs to me)???

This is as boring as I always thought it would be ... glad it’s only like two episodes

So  I am not the only one to think their homes are just too perfect, like a show flat

Absolutely! They all have the same flower arrangements as the mansion ... candles, fairy lights ... I feel like it’s all just a stunt, not real lockdown at all

Watching now - Bel, Nicole and Maddy are at their own family homes IMO, Juliette is probably at her own flat since it looks small and crappy and if she was faking a place I think she'd choose somewhere a bit fancier. laugh out loud Several others look like Air B & Bs to me.

Oh and this is definitely NOT the Bach Pad kitchen (compare Helena's Bach Pad dinner date with Matt A, Sam Wood etc - can't be bothered digging out the screencaps but trust me, not the same place) so this must have been shot somewhere in Perth IMO.

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 CqnnNxc

But yeah @leavers I agree - this sucks as a format. Two episodes will be more than enough. :yes:
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 83 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+36
Cari
Bookworm
Sundy
AllAboutLove
Maddy
Dumb
LoveDovez
ideas_ideas
rosefun
limoncello
amylou