SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by veg_out September 8th 2020, 1:36 pm

Really great decision by TPTB/Tyra to bring back Derek as a judge–he knows the experience intimately, has exceptional technical knowledge, and can help shape the season via his comments on ways the star can improve. Looking forward to it PINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl September 8th 2020, 3:01 pm

Sprite wrote:Enough with shoving Tyra down our throats!!! :headbanging
My feeling is that with all the chaos in the world, and all the changes, I really miss Tom Bergeron.  He was a treasure to this show.  We could have used a bit of comfort and familiar, and funny and kind in our lives.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out September 8th 2020, 5:49 pm

pavalygurl wrote:snipped
I really miss Tom Bergeron.  He was a treasure to this show.  We could have used a bit of comfort and familiar, and funny and kind in our lives.

Agree wholly. PINKHEART IMO, Tom brought such a steadying presence to the ballroom. It'll feel very different without him. At the same time, all of the changes make me curious to see the season and the way it will work.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats September 8th 2020, 7:32 pm

I, for one, regret that Len is gone as I so often found him to be the most objective in his evaluations. Just another reason for me to not get directly involved with watching.

And I am not saying I don't like Derek or think he will be horrible as a judge. It's just I will miss Len...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel September 8th 2020, 8:46 pm

I apologize to those who like him, but for me no no

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite September 8th 2020, 9:45 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I apologize to those who like him, but for me no no

I'm with you, but I get why they brought him in. Len is stuck in the UK because of covid and they actually need a judge who is truly a dancer. The other two bozos are useless.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst September 12th 2020, 3:32 am

Kaitlyn got the Cha Cha, which as far as I'm concerned is the ideal week one dance. Her music is "Stupid Love" by Lady Gaga.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-with-the-stars-returns-on-sept-14-with-a-cast-of-15-celebrities-ready-to-compete-for-the-coveted-mirrorball-trophy/

I will miss Tom B. The show needs someone with a quick wit to save failing situations, and I'm not convinced Tyra is that person, but we shall see. I think that Derek is an inspired choice as judge. He's a great coach, and if anyone can give the celebrity contestants advice for improvement, he's the one. I have mixed feelings about Len. I have appreciated his honest and even blunt assessments over the years, and even his rather predictable grumbling about choreography choices or dances being "too hectic." When I mentally score a dance, I am normally more in agreement with Len than any other judge. At the same time, I feel that the show and/or his schedule may have become too much for him over the last year or two. He has seemed even crankier than usual.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel September 12th 2020, 1:15 pm

@Amethyst thanks for posting. IA with your comments. I don't know much about Tyra but I know I never watched anything she was involved in because I didn't care for her. I too felt Len appeared to not want to be there half the time or no longer had the patience anymore.

What a good choice of song for K'. The lyrics are perfect.

Stupid Love
Lady Gaga
You're the one that I've been waiting for
Gotta quit this cryin'
Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door
Kinda hard to believe, gotta have faith in me
Freak out, I freak out, I freak out, I freak out (look at me)
I get down, I get down, I get down, I get down (look at me)
I freak out, I freak out, I freak out, I freak out
Look at me now
'Cause all I ever wanted was love
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Hey-ya, hey-ya
All I ever wanted was love
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Oh, yeah, oh yeah
I want your stupid love, love
I want your stupid love, love
(Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now it's time to free me from the shame
I gotta find that peace
Is it too late or could this love protect me from the pain?
I…

Source LyricFind

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite September 12th 2020, 8:15 pm

Amethyst wrote:Kaitlyn got the Cha Cha, which as far as I'm concerned is the ideal week one dance. Her music is "Stupid Love" by Lady Gaga.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-with-the-stars-returns-on-sept-14-with-a-cast-of-15-celebrities-ready-to-compete-for-the-coveted-mirrorball-trophy/

I will miss Tom B. The show needs someone with a quick wit to save failing situations, and I'm not convinced Tyra is that person, but we shall see. I think that Derek is an inspired choice as judge. He's a great coach, and if anyone can give the celebrity contestants advice for improvement, he's the one. I have mixed feelings about Len. I have appreciated his honest and even blunt assessments over the years, and even his rather predictable grumbling about choreography choices or dances being "too hectic." When I mentally score a dance, I am normally more in agreement with Len than any other judge. At the same time, I feel that the show and/or his schedule may have become too much for him over the last year or two. He has seemed even crankier than usual.

My own scoring usually aligned with Len as well. As to the bolded, well I have been crankier over the last couple of years when I watched the show and it had nothing to do with my schedule. He is probably not liking all the shenanigans that he has had to put up with and I won't even mention having to sit next to Twiddly Dee and Twiddly Dumb!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel September 12th 2020, 11:42 pm

@Sprite that's a good point. Over the last several years it's like a scripted show to me and predicable as soon as they announce the cast. Maybe as you say, he didn't want to put up with the BS.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel September 13th 2020, 12:32 pm

In case you missed it in the Banner Thread

Thank you @Sprite for the new DWTS banner!  DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 1022092695

Good luck to all for a great season!

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Add_a_14

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst September 13th 2020, 12:51 pm

I also feel that the audience voting has been worse than usual the past couple of seasons. I know that the show has tinkered with the weighting of judges' vs. audience votes, but I think they need to reduce the impact of audience votes even further. Longtime fans know that fandoms for a particular celeb will sometimes keep that celeb in the game long after they should have gone home. When that happens, the judges will normally be more blunt than usual in their assessments, with the celeb exiting somewhere before the semis. But the past couple of seasons, it seems like too many underwhelming celebs are being pushed ahead by their fandoms, and very talented contestants who had a legitimate shot at the semis or finals are voted out mid-season.

For me, it's made the show less pleasurable to watch. Normally the cream rises to the top, but that is no longer a given. I will say that at least the winners have (IMO) always been plausible candidates -- perhaps not who I would have chosen, but you could make a case for them.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+29
SMH
mtnlvr55
George1218
jojo47
Billysmom