SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by ElonM Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:23 am

Per Ashley Spivey’s IG stories there is new evidence of Rachel attending an Antebellum Plantation themed fraternity ball in 2018.

😞😞
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by luvnunity Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:26 am

ElonM wrote:Per Ashley Spivey’s IG stories there is new evidence of Rachel attending an Antebellum Plantation themed fraternity ball in 2018.

😞😞

Yeah, it’s bad. She’s in a hoop skirt dress posing with guys dressed as plantation/slave owners. These Balls have been banned for years, but the organization still holds them (not so secretly). So they know it’s problematic, but still insist on holding them. Can’t claim ignorance on this one. Smh
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:10 am

These are images taken in 2018 of a Kappa Alpha Order "Old South" formal. KA is a fraternity that was founded in the south and has deep ties to the Confederacy and (allegedly) the Ku Klux Klan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_Alpha_Order

I'm at the point where when I see *yet another* set of photos like this of Rachael, I'm just stupefied. How can one young woman have accumulated so many questionable photos? And what exactly made her think that going on Matt James's season (of all things) was a good idea?  

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 8 Rachae10
Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 8 Rachae11
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:08 am

Someone on the POC Bach sub pointed out that these have been banned since around 2011. It's not like in 2019, the year after this, they had an epiphany or something. It'd been known as a "wrong" thing to do for years by this point. There's no excusing it IMO. It was 2018.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:09 am

What's to say that a contestant could go on the show was a dare ?
Wonder what's behind Rachel saying that she was approached by producers to do the show ???
Is Matt supposed to figure these things out in his journey to find love ??
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Rachael made a written IG post about the racism if someone wants to bring it over. Thanks!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 pm

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:42 pm

I wish she posted this at the beginning of the season. The delay made matters worse..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 pm

Doesn't matter when she posted or made a statement people will feel how they feel no matter what. Plus considering how people were still looking for things I don't blame her for waiting to post. At the end of the day some wont even accept it and will still label her a "racist".

I am glad she was able to make a statement nonetheless. JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:05 pm

chasus71 wrote:Doesn't matter when she posted or made a statement people will feel how they feel no matter what. Plus considering how people were still looking for things I don't blame her for waiting to post. At the end of the day some wont even accept it and will still label her a "racist".

I am glad she was able to make a statement nonetheless.
I said this at the beginning that in the court of public opinion, its ridiculous and naive to believe you would change the mind of everyone. It is very important to get ahead of any news and squash it as it develops... if she had posted this after the tiktok video, it would have countered future findings... The key is not trying to change everyone's mind but owning up and getting ahead of any surprise.. Thats how to work the mind of the people.. JMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm

She knows it wont change the mind of everyone and so she is taking accountability for her actions regardless of anything else. That is a start for her even knowing that it may not make a difference nor is she asking for any forgiveness from anyone for what has come to light. At least she has been able to speak on it. I don't know if she was kept from saying anything from the execs & I personally don't care. 

No timing IMO would have mattered. Maybe for others is does, but oh well. However, I am glad at least that she has came out with a statement well before the end of the season. Again, JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:42 pm

In my humble opinion, it matters big time when you release a statement. This was released after a huge blowup with CH's interview, but also after a big number of people from the BN taking a stance against racism. It could come across as performative and to me reflects where their priorities lie. While I don't have anything against her, I do see her as a prime example of the infamous ignorance and privilege of a certain race – this is coming from me as a non-American WOC. I like to give people second chances and hope she will show with her actions what she wrote and what she meant, but it's a long journey that requires a lot of proactivity and hard work that have to be self-induced.
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck