SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:24 pm

Sprite wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Matt and the F3 have been quarantining since yesterday for AFTR. They have limited phone and internet access (and this has been stated by MANY contestants years prior). THAT is what Rachael’s family member meant by they had already taken her phone away.

Ah. That makes sense, but still very convenient she managed to send that before she lost her phone.

Did people lose their phone before the WTA?
TPTB took her phone yesterday, when she got to the hotel or wherever she’s staying. But someone on Reddit noted that they told one of Rachael’s family members to tell her to turn her comments off so that people would stop harassing Rachel Lindsay, but the family member said they had already taken Rachael’s phone back. The Reddit poster also mentioned that Rachael had to harass production into giving her phone back to her, because they were not going to budge. She attempted to log in through her computer (which she still had access to) but she has two step verification on her IG, so she had no choice but to log on IG through her phone..thus why she harassed production into giving her her phone back to her.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:35 pm

I really have no idea if she’s sincere or not. I posted what I read. There has been a lot of speculation today about whether or not those quarantining for ATFR have their phones or not and how that works. Maybe the family member was truthful or maybe not. She does seem to be trying to take the advice of BIPOC on Reddit as to how to apologize and handle things. Whether that is a good idea I don’t know.

I agree that all the pressure for contestants to make statements is not helpful. It results in performative acts imo. HB made the mistake of promising to be an ally and then didn’t follow through with it beyond a few weeks. I’m thinking it’s probably better to just apologize and educate oneself but not make any promises for the future. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:40 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Matt and the F3 have been quarantining since yesterday for AFTR. They have limited phone and internet access (and this has been stated by MANY contestants years prior). THAT is what Rachael’s family member meant by they had already taken her phone away.
Oh... That makes sense... But this whole locking comments should have been done on the prior post too.. Anyway I can't wait for the season to end so everyone can move on..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am

@Sprite @GuardianAngel I'm with you. If she shut up and went and did good things with her life, then she'd be more believable. In this case, actions speak louder than words.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:22 am

gabriele wrote:I really have no idea if she’s sincere or not. I posted what I read. There has been a lot of speculation today about whether or not those quarantining for ATFR have their phones or not and how that works. Maybe the family member was truthful or maybe not. She does seem to be trying to take the advice of BIPOC on Reddit as to how to apologize and handle things. Whether that is a good idea I don’t know.

I agree that all the pressure for contestants to make statements is not helpful. It results in performative acts imo. HB made the mistake of promising to be an ally and then didn’t follow through with it beyond a few weeks. I’m thinking it’s probably better to just apologize and educate oneself but not make any promises for the future. jmo

I think a really toxic culture has developed within some corners of Bachelor Nation. Former cast members are jumped on if they don't respond quickly enough (or at all) to certain social events and certain happenings within BN. They are jumped on if they don't use language that is acceptable to certain fans. They are jumped on if they don't jump through every hoop that certain fans put up.

If I were Rachael K., I would wash my hands of it. I would move on and try to do better. I would advocate for sensitivity, kindness and civil behavior in my followers and BN as a whole. But I would for sure quit catering to the fans who will never be pleased.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:33 am

@Amethyst There’s no doubt that in certain sectors the fans are critical for the sake of being critical and will never be pleased. There are also a number of primarily BIPOC fans who are patiently explaining what they see wrong and educating a lot of us about racism. I think their voices are definitely worth listening to, and as I’ve shared I’ve learned a ton myself from them. Unfortunately on SM those two groups are frequently in the same spaces so there is much noise to wade through.

I think it’s possible that Rachael is trying to truly learn from the BIPOC voices but I can’t be sure. It’s not so much about jumping through hoops to avoid the hate, but rather really comprehending the nitty gritty of why certain things are racist that honestly a lot of white people have no clue about. Most of us do know overt racism when we see it but don’t in fact recognize covert racism when we encounter that on the granular level. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:27 am

gabriele wrote:@Amethyst There’s no doubt that in certain sectors the fans are critical for the sake of being critical and will never be pleased. There are also a number of primarily BIPOC fans who are patiently explaining what they see wrong and educating a lot of us about racism. I think their voices are definitely worth listening to, and as I’ve shared I’ve learned a ton myself from them. Unfortunately on SM those two groups are frequently in the same spaces so there is much noise to wade through.

I think it’s possible that Rachael is trying to truly learn from the BIPOC voices but I can’t be sure. It’s not so much about jumping through hoops to avoid the hate, but rather really comprehending the nitty gritty of why certain things are racist that honestly a lot of white people have no clue about. Most of us do know overt racism when we see it but don’t in fact recognize covert racism when we encounter that on the granular level. jmo

I personally don't see a lot of patience coming from those quarters. I see a lot of hateful, bullying behavior. It has become a pile-on. So IMO a good message is getting lost in the process.

I've seen hate directed towards Tia, who spoke out against hateful/bullying social media comments in general, without specifically addressing Rachel L.'s sad situation. I've seen hate directed towards Peter K. for not supporting Rachel, when he had no idea what was going on because BN had become so toxic towards him that he chose to completely disengage. As I said, if former cast members don't speak on schedule, saying exactly what certain fans want them to say, they are treated horribly.

The hate-filled, pile on mentality with certain fans didn't start with this season. It has been addressed on the show before.

I think Rachael has a good grasp right now why people became upset. She has the information she needs to make some positive changes, and I'm hopeful that she will do just that. IMO she should fulfil her obligations to the show and move on with her life. The fans who are most upset with her will *never* be fans of hers. They will never follow her on social media. Rachael has no future with the franchise, nor would she likely want a future with the franchise. I think it would be in the best interest of her mental health to quit engaging, quit trying to win people over. Just move on.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:23 am

@Amethyst do you really think she has no future with this franchise? I think they've already reserved her spot on the next BIP in permanent sharpie (not in pencil or even pen).
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:38 am

allykat wrote:@Amethyst do you really think she has no future with this franchise? I think they've already reserved her spot on the next BIP in permanent sharpie (not in pencil or even pen).

I considered that, but I hope for her sake she turns it down, if offered. I know that young people are often desperate for money, but I don't see any good coming of it. Again, for the sake of her mental health, I think she needs to shut the door on the franchise.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:31 pm

@Amethyst I admittedly overstated the case about the patience of some BIPOC educating others. I realized this before I even read today about the horrid Taylor Nolan revelations. Honestly, this entire franchise from producers to contestants to fans is just too toxic for me. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnunity Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:30 pm

gabriele wrote:@Amethyst I admittedly overstated the case about the patience of some BIPOC educating others. I realized this before I even read today about the horrid Taylor Nolan revelations. Honestly, this entire franchise from producers to contestants to fans is just too toxic for me. jmo

Yeah. It’s not fun anymore. This has gotten too messy. I just wanna sleuth and leave a heart eye emoji under pics every now and then.
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm

luvnunity wrote:
gabriele wrote:@Amethyst I admittedly overstated the case about the patience of some BIPOC educating others. I realized this before I even read today about the horrid Taylor Nolan revelations. Honestly, this entire franchise from producers to contestants to fans is just too toxic for me. jmo

Yeah.  It’s not fun anymore.  This has gotten too messy.  I just wanna sleuth and leave a heart eye emoji under pics every now and then.
I love how you’re just continuing to sleuth. *hugs to you*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck