SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:42 pm

So Rachel on Insta was apparently not a fan of Tayshia's bikini entrance, feeling that it objectified her as a black woman in a way that was distasteful (I'd link the video, but I'm not that technologically competent.) But her comment did cause me to make a connection that I otherwise missed Tuesday evening. I think with Tayshia emerging from the water in an orange bikini, the producers were referencing Halle Berry's dramatic entrance in the 2002 James Bond film, "Die Another Day." At age 53, Berry recently recreated that iconic shot. So I think the bikini entrance was meant to be a huge compliment to Tayshia!

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 NINTCHDBPICT000616983496

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Halle-berry-bikini

Halle Berry, 2020 (left,) and 2002, in the James Bond movie, "Die Another Day" (right)
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:20 am

I do get where Rachel is coming from, because I’ve never seen them do that with a Bachelorette before. It seemed very Love Island-y, not like a typical Bachelorette entrance that’s usually more glam and classical versus sexy.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:30 am

Aria wrote:I do get where Rachel is coming from, because I’ve never seen them do that with a Bachelorette before. It seemed very Love Island-y, not like a typical Bachelorette entrance that’s usually more glam and classical versus sexy.
I saw this edit like less than 5 minutes after the episode was done laugh out loud

I personally wasn’t bothered, I was too busy being excited to think about it tbh. I did see a lot of people last night not liking it though.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:03 am

@Amethyst You're right, CH mentioned in an interview that it was a homage to Halle Berry.
"From the producers to post department to decide -- and it was all them -- to put that Easter egg at the end, a la James Bond, Halle Berry getting out of the pool, was just jaw dropping and stunning," Harrison said, referencing Berry's iconic scene from 2002's Die Another Day. "I have never rewatched an episode so many times as this episode. I think I watched it three times. I was that impressed with every ounce of that, and the Tayshia of it all at the end was just incredible."
Source

I get why they did it - Tayshia is the hottest Bachelorette ever (I know it's subjective but that's JMO), and they're hyping her up as this super sexy bombshell that's going to come in and "save" the men. But I also totally understand Rachel's point and why people would be bothered by it. They could've easily just used a shot of her stepping out of the limo instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:08 am

I loved Sharleen Joynt recap, as usual. She is a delight to read her perfect English but also her sharp reviews.

Yes. Like her, I see a selfish inconsiderate woman entitled because she is the lead to focus on her journey. She, herself and moi.

Pretending and faking is all about this show. Up to the finale. Out of 30, it takes IMO only the last 4 or 5 to be emotionally invested because they have time to connect and build an imaginary love story upon the few hours spent together. IMO

The producers use the hundred of taped material, cut and edit so they can deliver some exaggerated love stories and disguised the F1 love story up to the finale. That’s the way they use the contestants and leads. Always have, always will. IMO. However, after decades of seasons, decades of casting, Clare being in several shows, no way producers didn’t know who she is and how backfired this could work. So back up plan? Of course! Hey Tayshia, be ready .... as Luke or Arie etc. as many other sorry not sorry you won’t be the lead.

So predictable or not maybe to this extent as I am sure producers thought to manipulate her more, Clare definitely fired all bridges, contestants and producers. IMO. so producers worked with the material they had because they had no other’s to work with. Clare obsession, infatuation and lust with Dale was fuelled with Dale’s same feelings. No place for anything else. IMO

But at the end of the days, producers have the ultimate last words to show us a love story or a mess like we saw. They are masters manipulators and if not, we won’t have any spoilers or people trying to be detectives. IMO

So my point is that we didn’t see a love story. They edited Clare and Dale villains. IMO. That they are in love or not is not the script here, it is not edited with a satisfactory enjoyment watching but rather a frustration bitterness from the viewers.

Ultimately, producers always have the last words to make or break leaders and contestants with their edits. Hey Clare! I hope it was worth your “personal journey” to act like a selfish diva b*!

All my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:20 am

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 ElYj2FFVgAAgaHy
Lauren Zima @laurenzima
Something I learned tonight: a true friend will smell your future husband's pants 😂❤ @DeAnnaPappas #TheBachelorette pic.twitter.com/kcBKoGDDpd
https://mobile.twitter.com/laurenzima/media/grid?idx=11

dizzy
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:06 am

@Maddy Thanks for the gifs - the only positive about this season is there is lots of material to snark on.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 am

Sprite wrote:
HEA wrote:Looks to me they are editing Clare a never happened bachelorette villain, Dale her F1 villain (already happened but not the bachelorette) and the new Bachelorette savior, Tayshia. They deliberately show us the ugly and not the love story. IMO

That’s the script I see.

I think the love story is about as obvious as could be. People can see it ... including the other guys on the show.

IMO the ugly is all on Clare. This is how she acted, this is how she always acts and this is basically how I thought she would be when they cast her as the lead. She is a mess. Always has been. There isn't the humour that can be used to smooth things over. She is always dramatic, OTT and rather sanctimonious and tptb have encouraged that as part of her "empowered woman" shtick. Now it bit them in the a**.

I love what both of you said.

Clare is the baby of her family and seems to have been the favorite of her father (or at least the way she presents their relationship). So in some respects, her behavior has probably been set for a long, long time. It is not attractive and makes for bad tv. But ... as Dale has 4 sisters, he probably knows how to handle women and their attitudes. It might make them work but I sure don't see Clare fitting his ideal woman as one who doesn't need him but challenges him. I think Clare would be quite needy - seeking reassurance "does this look good on me?", "what do you think so&so meant by that comment?", etc.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:54 am

Just got round to watching the episode.  Wow.  Clare is unhinged IMO and so desperate it's actually alarming to watch.  

Clare: "So you roasted Dale pretty hard there, what's that about?"
Guy: "You know what, I really don't want to talk about anyone else, let's get to know each other"
Clare: "Yeah but that joke you made about Dale sure was interesting, let's talk about that"
Guy: "I don't want to repeat stuff that Dale has said"
Clare: "Dale said stuff what did he say did he say stuff about me what was it tell me what he said TELL MEEEEEEE"
Guy: "It's really not much of a tale to tell"
Clare: "You know what rhymes with tale?  Dale.  Let's talk about Dale..."

Can't wait to see the fallout when he dumps her in 6-8 months time.  He might need to go into witness protection.  Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:08 am

The younger audience is thinking Tayshia’s bikini entrance was Love Island and those of us who know are like, “Go watch some 007.” Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 1176891977

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:33 am

Norcalgal wrote:
Sprite wrote:
HEA wrote:Looks to me they are editing Clare a never happened bachelorette villain, Dale her F1 villain (already happened but not the bachelorette) and the new Bachelorette savior, Tayshia. They deliberately show us the ugly and not the love story. IMO

That’s the script I see.

I think the love story is about as obvious as could be. People can see it ... including the other guys on the show.

IMO the ugly is all on Clare. This is how she acted, this is how she always acts and this is basically how I thought she would be when they cast her as the lead. She is a mess. Always has been. There isn't the humour that can be used to smooth things over. She is always dramatic, OTT and rather sanctimonious and tptb have encouraged that as part of her "empowered woman" shtick. Now it bit them in the a**.

I love what both of you said.

Clare is the baby of her family and seems to have been the favorite of her father (or at least the way she presents their relationship). So in some respects, her behavior has probably been set for a long, long time. It is not attractive and makes for bad tv. But ... as Dale has 4 sisters, he probably knows how to handle women and their attitudes. It might make them work but I sure don't see Clare fitting his ideal woman as one who doesn't need him but challenges him. I think Clare would be quite needy - seeking reassurance "does this look good on me?", "what do you think so&so meant by that comment?", etc.

I agree with you.

There is a term in my mind... five stages clinger.

I stopped projecting the future possibilities of a viable couple with this show. I am not even interested in that. My interest stops at the finale. Some rare couple make it the long term, most don’t. I don’t care.

In real life she has all rights to be picky. The other guy too. It is 2 people involved. It works or not. It is based on lust or not. Etc. But this is a contract she signed. She knew the terms. Yes, 2/3 were probably there for fame and glory but she had a role to play. It doesn’t mean she could not be considerate and more respectful. My guess is that she  had her mind set before meeting dale in person and was already in love of the idea of him being her prince and was just focusing on him only... which I think this is what happened and explain her reaction at meet and greet.

She may think she grew up after JP and her bad relationship. I think she is not even half there. Being impulsive with a crew and cameras at 39 is not normal. I firmly believe this. This is why we call aging being more wisdom. We can certainly fall madly in love but our past experiences reflect our behavior and choices. Clare acts like she is 15. Full hormonal. IMO

As a viewer, I see a woman that is selfish and not respectful, a spoiled diva
As a woman, I see a woman who has emotional and self esteem issues which is imo often bad omens in a Long term relationship

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:20 am

gabriele wrote:The younger audience is thinking Tayshia’s bikini entrance was Love Island and those of us who know are like, “Go watch some 007.” Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 1176891977

It's weird to think that the 20-somethings might have no idea, isn't it? I think that Halle Berry's orange bikini entrance was in itself a reference to Ursula Andress doing the same in a white bikini in the 1962 James Bond movie, "Dr. No." I've seen all of the Bond movies!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Oct 27th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
blueblues
philphan
northernviewer
MiniDiva
mruab
Kels0012
LoveDovez
Idlemess
Rolly
Doats
SMH