SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 56 of 77 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 66 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by chasus71 Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:48 pm

HEA wrote:@chasus71 It seems that the rules changed. They used to be private and quiet until they were kicked out or the finale aired, except the lead who did numerous interviews to promote the season

now it seems that it is a free for all as long as they do not spoil the season. Social Media change everything in the last 5 years. Now they introduce the contestants before the premiere. I think they understood that RS was spoiling it season after season anyway so IMO they took control of it. And overall, I think that's the idea, instead of being controlled by social media, IMO, they decided to try to control the spoilers, etc. Plus the fact that the show is no longer so popular now. In my opinion, they should remove the private option on Instagram...

Now producers even give contestants pictures to choose from so they can use them on their Instagram. Producers understand that the main motivation to join the show is gaining followers to be able to gain $$ from sponsors. Nobody is blind about the real motivations... only few people outside the show rofl

It is now impossible to ignore Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, podcasts, etc. People use their phones and rumors spread lightning fast on the web.

So it is no surprise to me that producers are using the podcasts to deliver messages or limit rumors...

Thanks for the explanation, this does make sense on a certain level. I do have to wonder though if in the long run it hurts the ratings to some extent. Then again if it gets too low ABC will just move it to their own streaming platform. Time will tell. Katie's season ratings so far have been slipping so I wonder if all the press as well is to try and boost it to get people to come back to watch to see how it all plays out. I am certain she will have a boost in ratings during the season finale like all the other seasons do.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm

@chasus71 I am sure producers are checking closely the ratings. no ratings, no $$.

I am not sure how it works but I would think it is like Instagram: the more followers, the higher the contracts are. So the more viewers/rating, the more ads/sponsors. All about $$ IMO.

I think producers changed a few years back with the new producer's team and with RS lawyer's suits. I noticed it when RS started his podcasts and started to invite all the contestants to talk about their "old days experience". That,s when I notice the change.

At least, it is my opinion but some members here are more in tune with that I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:10 pm

@HEA all that makes sense which is why so many focus on their SM platforms. I know even though the ratings may not be high in Katie's season, I do think her followers keep going up so an accomplishment for her being the lead is panning out at least on SM.
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:07 pm

chasus71 wrote:@HEA all that makes sense which is why so many focus on their SM platforms. I know even though the ratings may not be high in Katie's season, I do think her followers keep going up so an accomplishment for her being the lead is panning out at least on SM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:09 pm

@chasus71 Mission accomplished for Greg....

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:34 pm

@HEA wow you are right Greg's followers jumped massively!!! speechless
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:36 pm

chasus71 wrote:@HEA wow you are right Greg's followers jumped massively!!! speechless

He started the season with 2438 followers….

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:06 am

Katie Thurston & Blake Moynes: Did They Secretly Hook Up BEFORE The Bachelorette?!

by Tyler Johnson at June 29, 2021 12:03 pm. wrote:

If you watched Monday's episode of The Bachelorette, then you were probably not at all shocked by the "shocking" arrival of Blake Moynes.

Despite the producers' attempts to wring some suspense out of the big reveal, anyone who's been paying any attention has known for weeks that Blake would be showing up in New Mexico.

And if you're the kind who doesn't like surprises, you may have already an encountered the Bachelorette spoilers involving Moynes.

We won't get into that here for the benefit of our spoiler-averse readers, but we will delve into a potential scandal that's every bit as suspicious as that Thomas dude.

In the past, there have been allegations of Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants communicating prior to the show.

These days, that's not at all uncommon, and Katie and Blake admitted to conversing through social media ahead of his appearance.

But some folks -- former Bachelor Nick Viall among them -- believe that Blake and Katie did a lot more than just DM back and forth.

"I don't know the backstory. It sounds like there was some dialogue between Katie and Blake. I don't think it was to the degree that it was with [Kaitlyn Bristowe] and I, [which was] a pretty intense two months of dialogue," Viall said during a recent interview on the "Here For the Right Reasons" podcast.

Viall appeared on the show earlier this season, and he alleges that Blake was already on the compound at that time.

This would have been several days before Tayshia informed Katie of Blake's arrival.

It's entirely possible that he had to quarantine in the area, or that he just laid low in his room until the production crew was ready for him.

But Nick suspects that something more was going on.

"When I showed up, Blake was on the compound," Nick confirmed.

"I think Katie had met him. I don't know for sure. She had told me about it and it was filmed. They didn't use it, but it was filmed."

So if you thought the look of surprise on Katie's face was unconvincing, now you know why.

But why wouldn't producers show the real first interaction between Blake and Katie?

Well, Nick reminds viewers that the team's top priority is creating a compelling television show, complete with satisfying storylines and self-contained episodes.

And it seems that with all the drama surrounding the guys' AA-style share session and the concerns about Thomas Jacobs, there just wasn't enough room for the Blake reveal until this week.

"With the stuff that came out on the [group] date with [Thomas Jacobs' intentions] and obviously Katie's [sexual-assault] story, you want to give that its rightful air and oxygen and space for Katie to be heard," Nick said.

"So [producers] just have to find the right time to introduce Blake to America and to the guys and to have it make sense while also allowing some of these other storylines to play out."

Okay, so production felt the need to do a second take of Blake and Katie's first encounter.

We get it, although it definitely adds to the main suspicion that's been voiced by some viewers -- namely, that Blake and Katie have already engaged in some sort of romantic relationship.

The pandemic would have made it difficult for the two of them to meet up in person, but we'll never really know what was said in those DMs they exchanged.

Maybe they hatched plans and declared their love for one another -- or maybe it was a simple exchange of pleasantries, like they two of them claim.

Whatever the case, this whole episode is a reminder that what we see on reality television is rarely a reflection of reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:37 am

^^^
There is a possibility that we were shown there first encounter - in the courtyard - but it aired out of order. She was wearing the same clothes as the trauma circle date. Without firsthand knowledge an argument can be made either way: we were shown the original encounter but out of order or the encounter shown was a pickup with Katie changing back into the group date clothes. Neither is provable without more info.

"I think Katie had met him. I don't know for sure. She had told me about it and it was filmed. They didn't use it, but it was filmed."
 question Nick thinks she had met him because she told him about it and it was filmed question It has to be 1 or the other. Either he knew because she told him about it OR he thinks it happened. As is, he contradicted himself unless he saw original footage and it doesn’t match the footage that aired but if that happened then he wouldn’t think she had met him. He would know she had.
It’s a mystery as to why Nick worded this the way he did.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:56 am

BOLD BLAKE-LASH Bachelorette Katie Thurston ‘concerned’ being the THIRD lead Blake Moynes has dated as fans slam his ‘unfair’ return

Nicole Chenoweth Jun 28 2021, 21:37 ETUpdated: Jun 28 2021, 23:04 ET wrote:

Former Bachelorette and current host Tayshia had an emotional sit-down with Katie, 30, where she revealed that “someone from her past” reached out to her about the Washington native.

“He cannot stop thinking about you and I know he’s ready for marriage,” Tayshia gushed of her ex.

As Katie began to cry, she was told to go outside to see what man the host was referring to and found Blake waiting in a green bomber jacket.

The pair locked eyes and shared a long embrace before they sat down on a bench for a lengthy chat.

She appeared surprised to see him and even admitted he was the “last person” she ever thought would join her season.

“Your openness, your boldness are all things I’m very attracted to,” the Canadian gushed to Katie.

Appearing overwhelmed, she said in a confessional: “I’m so flustered. I’ve seen Blake on Tayshia’s season and he’s even DMed me before to compliment me on my bold personality.”

She then told him: “You’re a handsome guy. But the last person I expected to see here.

“It is concerning you’ve dated two Bachelorette’s and if you stay, I will be your third Bachelorette.

“There’s a lot of issues in the house of people here for the right reasons and I want to make sure I do something that’s right.”

However, Blake assured her that he was there for love, explaining: “I would regret forever if I didn’t do this.

“I promise you if it came down to the end and we connected the way I think, we would be engaged at the end of this. I won’t disappoint you, that’s not me.”

Katie choked up at the candid confession, but struggled with the decision further saying: “Ive already formed connections so I’m conflicted.

“But do I think we have something? Maybe. Do I risk everything? I don’t know.”

Clearly smitten, Katie decided to keep the wildlife manager - leaving many fans outraged by the unique decision.

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 56 00000010

One person asked: “Am I the only one that thinks it’s not fair that Blake is on here because him and Katie have already talked before???”

“I feel an intense distaste and aversion towards Blake moynes & I cannot explain why,” another tweeted.

A third wrote” “Blake: “…The risk of me looking like a complete idiot” Too late."

"Bachelor in Paradise would have been a better fit for Blake. But we will see,” someone suggested.

While one more fired off: “Nothing about Blake screams keep me. More like creepy.  Creepy Blake.”

Earlier today, a source close to the reality contestant exclusively told The Sun that while Blake has “genuine” intentions on the show, he “falls hard very fast.”

The source revealed: “He gets a case of puppy love when it comes to pretty girls and in the last year alone, he said he loved two different women [Clare and Tayshia] - and now potentially Katie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:04 pm

notarose wrote:^^^
There is a possibility that we were shown there first encounter - in the courtyard - but it aired out of order. She was wearing the same clothes as the trauma circle date. Without firsthand knowledge an argument can be made either way: we were shown the original encounter but out of order or the encounter shown was a pickup with Katie changing back into the group date clothes. Neither is provable without more info.

question Nick thinks she had met him because she told him about it and it was filmed question It has to be 1 or the other. Either he knew because she told him about it OR he thinks it happened. As is, he contradicted himself unless he saw original footage and it doesn’t match the footage that aired but if that happened then he wouldn’t think she had met him. He would know she had.
It’s a mystery as to why Nick worded this the way he did.

but maybe she was told to redo the "scene" right before the GD... It doesn't mean the first segment was done the same day... Blake was in quarantine just like the other guys on the resorts. he didn't get a free pass. Therefore they could have taped it before that... Same with Tayshia. She was tearing up IMO because she ALREADY taped the first scene with BLake. She knew. Both were IMO redo.

When Nick said: I think Katie had met him. Many took for granted it was the same day. But I read it differently. She already met him... can be anytime... morning, the previous day, previous dayS...

How many contestants and leads had to change clothes to do ITM??  Suspect

Plus Blake said that he didn't know if he would go to the Rose Ceremony, yet Katie just confirmed he could stay at 5am... so he knew before she showed up!! So maybe the first take was different and she accepted him but then, prods asked them to redo the scene but this time saying that she didn't know yet... that would fit the emotional GD and prods decided to change their script and give room to the emotional GD. Changing script is common during the taping IMO.

Nick signed a contract... committing himself to do not spoil the show. So it is very likely Nick started to say something and bam realized he could not say 100%, so he came back and forth to give but not give info.

The redo meeting Blake makes more sense now to me. Same with Katie crying over the intruder's arrival. Intruder, right? Because Tayshia refused to tell his name. Who would be that emotional unless she knew who it was? Like a friend saying: a ex reached me and will knock at your door.... and I would cry over it not knowing who he is?? :thud

Anyways. This makes more sense and explains to me the awkwardness and teary Katie. It does't exclude that they may (or not) have more than a DMs ... as Nick said. IMO

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 77 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 66 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+57
Bachhh022
casjacknick
jen689
pbmax
Aunties_Love