SELECT CONTENT

Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:09 pm

@chasus71 very cute video but I gained 5 lbs watching it! Oh to be young!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by chasus71 Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@chasus71 very cute video but I gained 5 lbs watching it! Oh to be young!

IKR!! OMG to eat everything that Rachael eats I would be bloated everywhere laugh out loud to have that type of metabolism again, wow I would eat EVERYTHING!! rotfl Hugesmile giggling
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:23 pm

Happy Birthday Rachael!! cheerleader

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 1f49c

Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 8367-910 Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 I_got_13 Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 E5kqdm15 Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion - Page 35 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12001

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:31 pm

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:45 pm

Wow. I listened to about 20 minutes. TPTB were trying so hard to make it a black couple they did everything they could to keep Rachel away.

Matt put his foot down and told them, that's who he wants and they need to make it work.

At the FRC after Matt gave her the rose, they literally started tearing the set apart, no congrats no nothing.

I need to listen to the rest later.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71621

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Wow I wish I can say that I am surprised by this but considering how the production\ and franchise has treated the Lead/F1 I just have to smdh!! They really need to do better even if not for Matt but for future leads even more so the minority leads, they choose (they may never do that again, which is typical sadly). I can't even fathom to give the franchise my viewership because they will never learn from what Matt's season should have been over what a freaking nasty mess it turned out to be. This is no fault of Matt's at all, IMO. He was naive & probably hoped that the franchise would treat him better & yes because he is the 1st African American male lead! that should have been treated more magnanimous than it was. I know some may not agree with that but to me everything about his season should have been handled better.

I'm glad however that Both Matt & Rachael have come together and rebuilt their relationship in-spite of everything that occurred. They are certainly happier being as far as they can be away from the franchise, IMO.

GuardianAngel wrote:Wow. I listened to about 20 minutes. TPTB were trying so hard to make it a black couple they did everything they could to keep Rachel away.

Matt put his foot down and told them, that's who he wants and they need to make it work.

At the FRC after Matt gave her the rose, they literally started tearing the set apart, no congrats no nothing.

chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:32 pm

OMG this is such a great moment. Matt honoring his mother some flowers at a Wake Forest game.

The caption says it all:

mattjames919
Verified
The Patty James Women’s Athletic Scholarship Fund 🤞🏾
How do you honor someone who has given you the world? By providing the same resources for the next generation ✊🏾🎩

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj3Dxnppe3F/
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:21 pm

That shows Matt's character more than anything! But I'm guessing Patty wasn't expecting it - she's dressed pretty casually!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Wow. I listened to about 20 minutes. TPTB were trying so hard to make it a black couple they did everything they could to keep Rachel away.

Bri is so well spoken! But Michelle commented to Rachel at AFR that the core audience of The Bachelor is white and Rachel got so much more support than any of Matt's final 4 contestants - 3 of whom were black. And Rachel did say their break up was 100% real - not fabricated! So in essence, Matt broke up with all of his final 4. At the AFR, he took about 10 minutes to answer each question - frustrating just about everyone. He was trying to be true to himself and still give the producers what they wanted. I think we all sensed the tension.

The last part of the interview is about Rachel's photo dressed in antebellum attire and why that occurred and the aftermath of all the publicity. Rachel said she felt it overshadowed everything else that season - all the other women, etc and felt badly for it. She explained that she went to a small college in Georgia and there just weren't that many blacks or other diversity. She took that photo when she was 20 and during the time of the photo and appearing on Matt's season, she had grown. But she readily admits that had she been more aware and educated about what the photo meant to people of color, she would not have participated.

My overall impression is Rachel has matured and grown through this and it 100% reinforces my mantra of "go out and see the world". There is no way you will remain unaffected/unchanged by experiencing people who are different from you or what you grew up with.

Rachel and Bri have a really wonderful friendship. I would listen to more of Bri's podcasts - she is smart, well-spoken and thoughtful - not to mention beautiful. I wish her well!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:49 pm

@Norcalgal thanks for the recap.

IA Rachel has matured and going out into a different life experience will do it. She is enjoying a full life with Matt, travelling, and everything else they do together, it's a whole new world for her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71621

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:41 pm

Second part. I like Rachael more and more. She is smart and mature, and has gone through a lot and grown from it IMO.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:54 pm

Matt ran in the NY City Marathon this weekend: (more vids are also posted in his IG stories).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cko8OlPjGFC/
https://www.instagram.com/stories/mattjames919/2965900665413259472/

chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+33
chasus71
ariwolf
Linds911
philphan
Mia_Leoni