SELECT CONTENT

Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorette - Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:55 pm

I'm pretty sure he said while talking about his sit down, that he guessed he never processed the death of his father. I typed the above while I was listening to it. It sounded like to me his justification on his attitude experience. I apologize if I took that the wrong way.

I don't think he was acting  but there were some phrases during the split that made me roll my eyes. It pained him to hear Katie think he was giving up?. As much as it hurts him, he's reached his breaking point. At one point he said you're not listening. He kept interrupting her as if there were certain things he had to say, again made no sense to me, "I fought so hard for you" huh? To me it was all about him and not the lead sitting in front of him who didn't want to pull the plug on production and end the show for him.

I don't think he's a bad guy. To me it seemed he was very young, insecure, and wanted to get out because his explanation for leaving, makes no sense to me.

Like I said all along, he shouldn't have been on the show. I felt that two epi's in. I'm not sure a relationship is what he needs right now. Communication is key imo in a relationship, and he doesn't have that ability or maybe he does because the way he communicated during that split was all about him and that to me is telling. imo.

I wish him the best going forward, and I'm sure it won't be long before we see him in the tabloids with a g/f.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

thebachelorette - Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:29 pm

I just read the transcript of Nick's interview with Greg. It sounds like Greg has gained some insight, and is taking responsibility for his behavior, and I think that's all that BN asks in the majority of cases. I don't want to see him as the lead in the next Bach, but if at some point he wants to do Paradise, I'd be okay with that.

I don't mind at all that he went to acting school, just that Katie appeared to be blindsided by it. Given how long he stayed, it's something that should have come up in their conversations. It could have been an interesting point of conversation between the two of them (or even in the house.) Again, the fans wants honesty. If you seem to be deliberately hiding or avoiding a part of your past, it's going to look suspect.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm pretty sure he said while talking about his sit down, that he guessed he never processed the death of his father. I typed the above while I was listening to it. It sounded like to me his justification on his attitude experience. I apologize if I took that the wrong way.

I don't think he was acting  but there were some phrases during the split that made me roll my eyes. It pained him to hear Katie think he was giving up?. As much as it hurts him, he's reached his breaking point. At one point he said you're not listening. He kept interrupting her as if there were certain things he had to say, again made no sense to me, "I fought so hard for you" huh? To me it was all about him and not the lead sitting in front of him who didn't want to pull the plug on production and end the show for him.

I don't think he's a bad guy. To me it seemed he was very young, insecure, and wanted to get out because his explanation for leaving, makes no sense to me.

Like I said all along, he shouldn't have been on the show. I felt that two epi's in. I'm not sure a relationship is what he needs right now. Communication is key imo in a relationship, and he doesn't have that ability or maybe he does because the way he communicated during that split was all about him and that to me is telling. imo.

I wish him the best going forward, and I'm sure it won't be long before we see him in the tabloids with a g/f.

I liked Dear Shandy's take on Greg and Blake. Simply put, one's a boy and one's a man.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:52 pm

alwayscooking wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I'm pretty sure he said while talking about his sit down, that he guessed he never processed the death of his father. I typed the above while I was listening to it. It sounded like to me his justification on his attitude experience. I apologize if I took that the wrong way.

I liked Dear Shandy's take on Greg and Blake.   Simply put, one's a boy and one's a man.  

I didn't like it, or most of the podcasts because they played armchair diagnosis without actually using medical professionals for proper verbiage, behavior, and diagnosis etc. It was all subjective. I'm not (any longer) a Nick Viall fan, but at least he had mental health experts on the show when they did the breakdown of what occurred. And then he also allowed Greg a platform to speak, which I think is imperative. Katie has gotten to drive the narrative all season (of course as the lead), but I think it is fair for all the men, especially those involved in controversy and a big part of the season, to share their perspectives too. Considering the AFR was chopped to bits and left out the part about Greg explaining his acting background, it is too easy to jump aboard a bandwagon (one fueled by a social media using lead) that uses the pitchforks and torches before knowing all sides. That is the thing I LOATHE about this franchise. And disgusting idiots who feel it is appropriate to leave hate comments on contestants' social media/DM them. So gross to me.

I think many podcasts need to hold back some of their opinions as well (cough * cough Chatty Broads cough * cough) until after everything is clearly laid out. Katie is getting some backlash (as she should for her behavior at AFR), but all the reputation damaging words attached to Blake are a lot more concerning to me.

I know he triggered people, but I feel he became the scapegoat for everyone's personal trauma, and he never even had a way to defend himself at that point. All my opinion of course.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:28 pm

**Deleted quote because I'm not disagreeing with a point only adding my .02.
I'm not sure why he needed to mention that he went to acting school if he never completed the program or audition.  To him, it was not important. On the other hand, if he went to nursing school and never completed it, does he need to tell folks he started nursing school?  This acting thing seemed to be blown out of portion to give Katie something to hang her hat.  This is my opinion, of course.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 pm

For me this isn't about Greg vs Blake. Greg said that Blake's a great guy and he wishes them the best.

I listened to the interview I also believe he's genuine, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I also believe him about how acting school went down and him never auditioning for anything so I feel that's a non-story. He also said he never once applied for the Bachelorette. His sister applied for him on Becca's season but he turned them down. They also called for Clare's and he was set to go until the pandemic hit. He decided not to go later. It sounds like he's back to therapy (he said the show helped him out) and knows he needs to be happy with himself before he's in a relationship so he's not depending on someone else.

Clearly he made mistakes and seems to know that now. I hope he continues to get help and stays away from the show. thebachelorette - Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion - Page 6 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15358

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:02 pm

I figured asking you here would be fitting. giggling

Can we get a Thread for Fboy Island.  I’m watching it now on crave and i thought it was going to be stupid but its actually good. I’m only 20 mins in.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:06 pm

BuckeyeGal wrote:In that interview with Nick I just kept thinking "this guy is trying to fix his image because he wants to be the next Bachelor ". Hopefully Fleiss and company are not seriously considering him.

Do you think so? I took it just the opposite. He clearly said he was in therapy & needs to work on himself and be happy before any relationship. TBH I think if they asked he would turn it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:22 pm

nikikass wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I figured asking you here would be fitting.  giggling

Can we get a Thread for Fboy Island.  I’m watching it now on crave and i thought it was going to be stupid but its actually good. I’m only 20 mins in.

Of course! The more threads, the merrier! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:34 am

nikikass wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I figured asking you here would be fitting.  giggling

As its an HBO Max show I thought I'd miss it. Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for telling me I can watch it on Crave. Will head there.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3838

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:41 pm

All this discussion about Greg (and Katie) reminds me of this poem that has been attributed to Charlie Chaplin. Snopes clarified that it actually is a translation of a translation to this book: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.
Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody. As I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me.
Today I call it “RESPECT”.

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life,
and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow.
Today I call it “MATURITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance,
I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens
at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm.
Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time,
and I stopped designing huge projects for the future.
Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and inmy own rhythm.
Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.
Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever sinceI was wrong less of the time.
Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worry about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where EVERYTHINGis happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally.
Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born.
Today I know THAT IS “LIFE”!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5328

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is so lovely and very powerful!

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Greg Grippo - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

+22
alwayscooking
BuckeyeGal
Kels0012
Longhornfan
Topazgold