SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2

Post by Love_Me Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 pm

San wrote:In a magazine a few weeks ago, Em said some highlights from the season include meeting Dolly Parton and touring London with Ricki. I thought that was interesting being that her F3's dates include Dollywood and in London. :)

Thanks San! What magazine was it in and were there any new pictures? Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2 - Page 53 1825223857
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2

Post by Shelby Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Love_Me wrote:
San wrote:In a magazine a few weeks ago, Em said some highlights from the season include meeting Dolly Parton and touring London with Ricki. I thought that was interesting being that her F3's dates include Dollywood and in London. :)

Thanks San! What magazine was it in and were there any new pictures? Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2 - Page 53 1825223857

sean and jef had a 1-on-1 in london right?

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by yumyum1 Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Shelby wrote:
Love_Me wrote:
San wrote:In a magazine a few weeks ago, Em said some highlights from the season include meeting Dolly Parton and touring London with Ricki. I thought that was interesting being that her F3's dates include Dollywood and in London. Smiley

sean and jef had a 1-on-1 in london right?

:yes: Can't wait to see it!

@StephTweets - Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you back.  :Smiley:

yumyum1

Female Posts : 1514

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Sun May 27, 2012 2:40 am

Not sure if this has already been posted. Emily remarks that her feelings were really hurt when she first heard Brad's comment about dodging a bullet:

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/entertainment/news/article/207144--former-bachelor-brad-womack-s-statements-really-hurt-emily-maynard

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 am

jelle wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:
jelle wrote:I dont remember anyone commercializing their stint on TB like People Water has. They have certainly taken every opportunity to profit from the exposure. Wonder if this was in Jef's plan to gain wealth and financial stability ... per World Financial Group tennets.

100% of the shirt sales is going to Charity to build a well not People Water. He is not profiting off the shirts directly.

I agree with others to not capitalize on his unexpected popularity/notariety would be crazy. Its a smart business move.

Not disagreeing. They have decided to take advantage of an unexpected business opportunity. Especially since this window is only open a few weeks. This IS about business.

So many do it though. Melissa, Ali, Ty Brown, Wes, Gia and countless others have used it to launch a career. In the same way, one could easily criticize Melissa for her tv pursuits as a result of the show. At least the shirt sale is to benefit the needy. The shirts started with just friends to support Jef and grew. Doesn't sound planned to me. Yes it will lead people to the water but he is getting that without any effort through wetpaint and such due to his popularity . In short I see no difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 5:15 am

Has anyone ever done a study to see the direct results/ benefits for contestants following the show? I wonder if those who weren't well-liked took a hit career-wise? And the highly popular, I wonder if we could see a huge spike in their careers across the board, or just depending on how savvy they were in taking advantage of their own marketability. Do you suppose contestants who were only on up to F8 or F6 became well-known enough in their locale and industry that it would impact them? Or could it have soiled them? For example, I wonder if Shawntel's funeral business saw growth or if people took her less seriously afterward, so used her competition instead.

Also, how many contestants launched totally different careers afterward? I couldn't sleep, so I may be writing stuff that will really sound silly to me tomorrow. duh :giggle:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun May 27, 2012 2:03 pm

jelle wrote:
jlccaz wrote:AT the risk of getting too far afield, WFG is basically Amway (or Arbonne) multi level marketing of mostly variable life insurance products. World Financial Group has a network marketing/multi-level marketing (MLM) structure. So recruits can make money from other recruits sales. It is a highly regulated area of marketing, that can be fraught with fraud and pyramid scheme allegations, but also can be entirely legal, legit, etc.

Thanks jlccaz.

I kept trying to find something substantial in what and how they sell. They sell insurance products (hence Transamerica) and securities through another part of the company. Their basic premise is really sound, but for it to be so successful, there had to be something. You can make a lot of $$ "helping" people and there is nothing wrong with that. I couldnt find the multi-level marketing structure.

I still say that if you want to understand why this show works or doesnt work, you have to quit drinking the :koolaid and take off the :rosiecolored and look to real life.

:yes:
When the F1 has been spoiled early, the sleuthing boards take on more of a fan site quality. When Chantal was spoiled as the F1, there was a poster who worked for the family, and tried to give us some of the inside scoop on Chantal and her family. It was pretty much summarily knocked down because Chantal and Brad were so in love.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Re. Jef, People Water, and publicity, I guess it brings us back to this question: Are the F4 predetermined before the season gets underway?

I do think that Jef agreed to this gig for the adventure, for the exposure it'd bring his biz/charity, and for the shot at a gorgeous girl in that order. From his behavior during the first two episodes, it seems clear that he didn't think he'd get the girl, but she's encouraging him that something might be there.

Whatever the reasons, his role in the show brings his company into the limelight as well as his love life.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 pm

InsideTV Podcast: How to fix 'American Idol.' Plus: Sizing up 'Bachelorette' villains and the 'Glee' finale

Finally, we set our sights on The Bachelorette. Was the Muppets cross promotion (featuring staged skits with Emily, Kermit and Miss Piggy) too over the top? Is Emily too boring to be the Bachelorette? And where does helicopter-riding “luxury brand manager” Kalon stack up in terms of hated Bachelorette villains? We tackle those questions and more! (The Bachelorette discussion starts at 16:45 in.)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/25/podcast-american-idol-bachelorette-glee/
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Love_Me wrote:
InsideTV Podcast: How to fix 'American Idol.' Plus: Sizing up 'Bachelorette' villains and the 'Glee' finale

Finally, we set our sights on The Bachelorette. Was the Muppets cross promotion (featuring staged skits with Emily, Kermit and Miss Piggy) too over the top? Is Emily too boring to be the Bachelorette? And where does helicopter-riding “luxury brand manager” Kalon stack up in terms of hated Bachelorette villains? We tackle those questions and more! (The Bachelorette discussion starts at 16:45 in.)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/25/podcast-american-idol-bachelorette-glee/

TY. I sorta watch all 3 shows so I will listen to the whole thing. Prefer Dalton talking about Survivor tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 pm

When asked who the strongest contenders are, she said, "Ryan had the first date, and that was a great first date. Arie you will see becomes a pretty strong contender… and Jeff got the rose on the first group date."

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm

San wrote:
When asked who the strongest contenders are, she said, "Ryan had the first date, and that was a great first date. Arie you will see becomes a pretty strong contender… and Jeff got the rose on the first group date."

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

TY. The Extra peeps did a good job trying to get sumthin' with the tan lines and looking into the eyes.

Emily's dress is so unfortunate. She looks so lumpy all over, like an unmade bed. With her petite stature and boob job, she looks best in tight dresses with clean lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #2

+95
jelle
AngelDiva
CarrieA
just logic
59hawaii