SELECT CONTENT

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1 - Page 47 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Post by JBF Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I still love the old radio broadcasts, i'mblushing! They are still funny after... what?... six and seven decades. All before my time. Mel Blanc, who voiced Bugs Bunny, is also hilarious in many of them. In fact, my love of cartoons probably is what got me hooked on him in the first place.

The only thing I can comment on those lines, Tiggerlgh, is that she wears the same outfit and earrings crying as she does on Sean's late night date. The word "heartbroken" saddles silhouette kissing scenes of two guys and it is hard to determine whether...
1.) one silhouette scene has more importance than the other over this key word or...
2.) it doesn't matter at all since the silhouettes are too difficult for the AVERAGE viewer to identify.

Some of JP's scenes last year where you can't identify him also had key words of "doom". They may have just used a stock shot that was hard for viewers to recognize who was there at first.

One tidbit. When JP said "end this", we had a shot of Ben kissing Ashley suggesting that Ben will "end this" in Fiji. In the end-of-last-episode preview, Sean gets a similar line of "finish it up" from Emily.

By the way, despite the TV Grapevine preview hinting that Jef is concerned about Ricki and his family watching them on TV after he reads the Fantasy Date Card, his "I love you" kiss was shot somewhere not shown during the day portion or dinnertime of his fantasy date. The pillows match, but the wood panels don't, with the rose covered bed Emily lays on solo, wearing the Jef date outfit and ring. Do they share the suite but have different beds? Sean gets a nighttime pool scene with her matching earrings that may or may not be a suite situation, but we get nothing with Arie. If ONLY one guy does not get the suite, I would guess Arie...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1 - Page 47 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:47 pm

JBF wrote:I still love the old radio broadcasts, i'mblushing! They are still funny after... what?... six and seven decades. All before my time. Mel Blanc, who voiced Bugs Bunny, is also hilarious in many of them. In fact, my love of cartoons probably is what got me hooked on him in the first place.

The only thing I can comment on those lines, Tiggerlgh, is that she wears the same outfit and earrings crying as she does on Sean's late night date. The word "heartbroken" saddles silhouette kissing scenes of two guys and it is hard to determine whether...
1.) one silhouette scene has more importance than the other over this key word or...
2.) it doesn't matter at all since the silhouettes are too difficult for the AVERAGE viewer to identify.

Some of JP's scenes last year where you can't identify him also had key words of "doom". They may have just used a stock shot that was hard for viewers to recognize who was there at first.

One tidbit. When JP said "end this", we had a shot of Ben kissing Ashley suggesting that Ben will "end this" in Fiji. In the end-of-last-episode preview, Sean gets a similar line of "finish it up" from Emily.

By the way, despite the TV Grapevine preview hinting that Jef is concerned about Ricki and his family watching them on TV after he reads the Fantasy Date Card, his "I love you" kiss was shot somewhere not shown during the day portion or dinnertime of his fantasy date. The pillows match, but the wood panels don't, with the rose covered bed Emily lays on solo, wearing the Jef date outfit and ring. Do they share the suite but have different beds? Sean gets a nighttime pool scene with her matching earrings that may or may not be a suite situation, but we get nothing with Arie. If ONLY one guy does not get the suite, I would guess Arie...

Thanks JBF. I didn't realize F1's especially when hard to identify, have gotten words of "Doom". Its possible the same has happend to Arie this season. I haven't looked that closely at everything. That makes perfect sense. Yes Jef goes back to the FS so even though they show us him "turning it down" we know he is in the suite at least.

I think all of the guys spend time in the FS but none spend the night. However, if one is not invited, its Arie since we have proof of Jef and Sean's.

I love reading your analysis. I just don't want to overlook anything or at least not because of having "blinders" on.

Team Sluething [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah... ha ha!... I just visited the media thread and can see we are all on the same page regarding the Fantasy Suite situation. Jef goes there at least to check it out and do some heavy kissing. Sean gets the private pool... somewhere. Arie is still the question mark.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:57 pm

JBF wrote:Yeah... ha ha!... I just visited the media thread and can see we are all on the same page regarding the Fantasy Suite situation. Jef goes there at least to check it out and do some heavy kissing. Sean gets the private pool... somewhere. Arie is still the question mark.

Yup! I will say if the clothes the bachetter wears to the FD's matches Ali and Ashley's season's. Jef is F1. They had the shorter/skimpier dresses on during their FD's with their F1 and looking at Emily's three dresses, Jef definitley got that one this year. Just something else to look at.

Team Sluething [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:08 pm

She practically looks like a convent nurse with Arie. (Then again, she is pretty skimpy when daylight swimming with all three.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
JBF wrote:Yeah... ha ha!... I just visited the media thread and can see we are all on the same page regarding the Fantasy Suite situation. Jef goes there at least to check it out and do some heavy kissing. Sean gets the private pool... somewhere. Arie is still the question mark.

Yup! I will say if the clothes the bachetter wears to the FD's matches Ali and Ashley's season's. Jef is F1. They had the shorter/skimpier dresses on during their FD's with their F1 and looking at Emily's three dresses, Jef definitley got that one this year. Just something else to look at.

Yes! Her dress with 1F looks like it was made for her BEFORE she had her enhancements. Least they could have done would be to fill it in with spray tan--so I guess they projected the image they wanted to project. giggling

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveCase Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Question for VO/PI experts. Do you think that the comment Emily made about not giving Arie the FD card was spliced and diced by Fleiss? If not, if Jef is the F1 I imagine that he and Emily are going to have a big fight after he saw that. Just curious, that was really ominous to the Jef F1 ending.

Peace, Love and Hook 'Em Horns.
ILoveCase
ILoveCase

Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 pm

ILoveCase wrote:Question for VO/PI experts. Do you think that the comment Emily made about not giving Arie the FD card was spliced and diced by Fleiss? If not, if Jef is the F1 I imagine that he and Emily are going to have a big fight after he saw that. Just curious, that was really ominous to the Jef F1 ending.

Regardless of what Fleiss and Co have spliced and diced in the edit...Emily is going to have some major explaining to do either way. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:44 pm

nd4reality wrote:
ILoveCase wrote:Question for VO/PI experts. Do you think that the comment Emily made about not giving Arie the FD card was spliced and diced by Fleiss? If not, if Jef is the F1 I imagine that he and Emily are going to have a big fight after he saw that. Just curious, that was really ominous to the Jef F1 ending.

Regardless of what Fleiss and Co have spliced and diced in the edit...Emily is going to have some major explaining to do either way. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't think so. She had to give that reason for not giving Arie the FS card. She couldn't very well say, I don't want to fight off his kisses.
She started off hot and heavy with Arie and they kiss alot but thats it- basically what she said.
If you notice- the camera angles have changed ror Arie's kisses- more from behind so you can't actually see the true extent of the kiss. They have more longshots of the kisses so you can't see the true extent of the kiss. Previously they were all close up. They aren't as intense as prior to Prague. There are more pecks.

Even if you don't buy that story I don't think they will fight. because Jef gets it all. Arie had a few kisses and that is not much in the scope of a lifetime. Also, Jef's communication style probably would make it unlikely they would fight but discuss..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananaloaf Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 am

Okay, so I've done my vo/pi analysis of the Final dates. And, I'm really not sure what to make of the results as they weren't at all was I was expecting given the spoiler. Remember, my theory is that there should be more substantive stuff said in sections 2 and 3 about the guy who will be F1. Make of the following what you will........

Jef’s Fantasy

Section 1 (Things Emily says that are not seen and could have been said about anybody and/or at any time during filming)

At this point my biggest fear is his family hasn’t approved of a girl in the past

And, I just hope that they like me

I just love every minute I have with him

The night I met his family

I feel like he gets me in a way that nobody else does

I feel like even though I couldn’t say anything back

I can look back to the very first night and know that

And to be here now and to feel so confident in the way he feels about me

And it was very sweet, but at the same time

Section 2 (Things Emily says that are not seen but in which she identifies Jef by name and could have been said at any point during filming)

When I’m with Jef, I really do feel like there’s no one else around

Jef told me

After I gave Jef the fantasy suite card, he tells me that he would be fine not going just out of respect to me and knowing I want to set a good example

Section 3 (Things we see Emily say while dressed in the clothes from her date with Jef)

I love where my relationship with Jef is right now

That he loves me

I think I got chills

I saw something so special in Jef

Is so awesome to me

He took everything I was going to tell him about why I couldn’t go and said it back to me

I wanted to turn him down but he kind of turned me down

****** Arie's date will be coming up in a minute

Last edited by Bananaloaf on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Bananaloaf
Bananaloaf

Female Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananaloaf Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:52 am

Arie’s Fantasy Date

Section 1 (Things Emily says that are not seen and could have been said about anybody and/or at any time during filming)

And since then my feelings have grown a lot stronger

He makes me feel so comfortable so I’m just so excited to, like, see him and hang out

I’m ready to just have a whole day to focus on him

One thing really cool

Dolphins are not that scary

Just kind of, like, shows me that he

It’s no secret that

Is so strong

But now that I’m at this point and I do feel myself falling in love

That he gets it, and he gets it more than I ever gave him credit for to be honest

Tonight is the fantasy suite overnight date

It’s a total inner struggle for me because he’s so good looking. When I’m around him I want to be just touching him and being with him but as a role model and as a mother, I just can’t

At the end of the day, I don’t trust myself, I wouldn’t let myself go there but

But there are 3 guys here and I’m gonna pick one and that means that my relationship with the other 2 is going to be over.

And that’s the problem

Section 2 (Things that we do not see Emily say but in which she identifies Arie by name and could have been said at any time during the filming process)

My connection with Arie was literally almost immediate

So many things that I just like so much about Arie

Arie is so protective over me, it’s really sweet

Everytime I see Arie, first thing we do is kiss, and if we stop talking, its to kiss, and kiss and kiss

Tonight is the fantasy suite

And it’s going to be really hard not to have the overnight date with Arie, just because I love kissing him

Arie and I, we have had such a great day

I always have fun with Arie

From our very first date, Arie has never been just my friend

I am interested to see how arie would be with Ricki

Arie is so good looking

I would love nothing more than to be able to sit with Arie and just enjoy him, and like, enjoy the moment

Section 3 (Things we see Emily say while dressed in the clothes from her date with Arie)

That you can do in Curacao is go swimming with dolphins, like, in the middle of the ocean

But it scared me

Arie is not scared of anything

Would be a great dad

I just love kissing Arie, I mean

Because it’s that good

Just the physical chemistry we have

We’ve always been, like, holding hands and touching even before our first kiss

I really want to try to figure out if there’s more to my connection with Arie other than just chemistry

The way he thinks you gain a child’s trust made so much sense to me and it showed me that he’s really thought about it

Arie doesn’t just tell me he likes me, he shows me that

I mean

I’m gonna just not give him the fantasy suite card

Good lord he’s hot

It makes me really sad because I’ve had the time of my life

Note: We also see her say "And that makes me sad because they all really have formed a place in my heart and I’m not ready to let that go yet" in which she references all three guys.
Bananaloaf
Bananaloaf

Female Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks Bananaloaf...

Regarding Jef...
At this point my biggest fear is his family hasn’t approved of a girl in the past
And, I just hope that they like me

Why is she still fussing? Because she hasn't met HIS parents yet? Or does HER family voice objections? Or... is something still not resolved at the present time?

This line needs put in its proper context... I feel like even though I couldn’t say anything back
She is specifically talking about not being able to say she loves HIM since it will spoil the show. (Um... yeah. That hasn't stopped past leads.) When Jef says the ILY on his hometown, "I think I got chills". She says that on screen to let Jef know that she PREFERS he says that to her instead of this "I'm crazy about you" talk. This season smacks of HITCH and other "How To" guides... as if Emily made her decision early, but is really, really struggling to get Jef to open up the way she wants him to.

When I’m with Jef, I really do feel like there’s no one else around
Cute editing trickery: Arie says the same thing about Emily. What I am curious about: Is he completely blind when with Emily as he suggests or is he telling Jef that it the proper way to be?

But now that I’m at this point and I do feel myself falling in love
Lines like these baffle us because she still doesn't name names. She may say this during Arie's date and it may or may not apply to him. By the way, Emily's line of "I can’t believe we’re at this point" is spoken over a shot of Jef standing at the rose ceremony.

I am interested to see how Arie would be with Ricki
Poor Arie. He discusses the little brute with her, but from the way she phrases that, she may not think of him WITH her as much as she does Jef... or even Sean, who wrote that letter. Remember she tells Jef to his face and he repeats back to us in PI that she thought of Jef when she visited Ricki the week before.

I would love nothing more than to be able to sit with Arie and just enjoy him, and like, enjoy the moment.
The moment? A moment that won't last?

Arie is not scared of anything
Like dressing as a nurse in London. In two previous episodes he says all he can think about is proposing to Emily. No Miss Piggy needed for practice with Arie.

We’ve always been, like, holding hands and touching even before our first kiss.
I don't doubt she is gaga over Arie, wishing to do MORE with him besides kissing. Maybe even play scrabble naked. (The great Reid Rosenthal planted that one in our minds during one post-Jillian interview.) Yet, it sounds a bit scripted when both keep mentioning kissing over and over and over and over again, when we see a bit less of it on screen this episode than in past ones. I think she is over-emphasizing this to make up for NOT giving him extra time on his date.

Arie doesn’t just tell me he likes me, he shows me that
Lines like these I have always felt were intended for Jef. There are many with BOTH Sean and Arie that sound like Instruction. She has doubts about their relationship and is using Arie as some kind of Guinea Pig for the screen... demonstrating what she wants. I suspect that Jef and Emily are operating as polar opposites here in their approach to relationships and Arie is some kind of Middle Man fleshing out what Emily wants and believes Jef is fully capable of doing... if not now.

Sometimes Arie and Sean... like Dolly Parton and Kermit the Frog before them... say things on screen that sound like they are intended for Jef, as if HE has doubts. I can't place my finger on specific words and, no, somebody like Dolly was definitely NOT thinking of Jef since she never met him when she discusses how committed Emily is to finding "true love". Kermit stated back in episode #2 that the guy who winds up with her will be very lucky indeed. The editors also included PIs of both Kermit and Miss Piggy that episode that suspiciously look they were shot at a different time (Piggy sporting different hair-do), as if intended to provide additional Instruction on screen.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

+81
Kelad9
Tiggerlgh
Just Here In Ohio
Alanna
Bananaloaf