SELECT CONTENT

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1 - Page 46 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Post by HowSoonIsNow Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:52 am

JBF wrote:"...and he’s really into stuffed animals"

That was the funniest line of the episode....

That was the funniest line of this entire season! Rarely do the Bach/ette shows make me do more than chuckle, but that line had me ROFLing! Imagine her surprise that this hulking manly football player is into stuffed animals...
giggling :shocked!: lolpanda cantstopl
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1 - Page 46 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

Post by JBF Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

HowSoonIsNow wrote:

That was the funniest line of this entire season! Rarely do the Bach/ette shows make me do more than chuckle, but that line had me ROFLing! Imagine her surprise that this hulking manly football player is into stuffed animals...

... and there were no fuzzy footballs or Dallas mascot toys around. We are talking Whiskers the kitty. That is what made the scene so classic. Sean put a lot of thought into setting it up.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:23 am

JBF wrote:
HowSoonIsNow wrote:

... and there were no fuzzy footballs or Dallas mascot toys around. We are talking Whiskers the kitty. That is what made the scene so classic. Sean put a lot of thought into setting it up.

Did he??? Or did TBPT??
I think it was all a set up because they knew they had to create some humour or drama or something for these HTD's. You had 4 nice families... Boring!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am

JBF wrote:
HowSoonIsNow wrote:

Oh God...are we talking cats again? Even John W. referred to Sean in his recent tweet as 'the cat's meow'!
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Asked in another thread but wanted to ask her as well. When do voiceovers matter? In the show or the previews for the next week?

Team Sluething [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:Asked in another thread but wanted to ask her as well. When do voiceovers matter? In the show or the previews for the next week?

I'm far from an expert but if I were editing then the vo's during previews would be to cast suspense/doubt to get viewers interest. During the show it would be to establish a character's role or to explain a situation that hadn't otherwise been explained.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananaloaf Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:20 am

Tiggerlgh wrote:Asked in another thread but wanted to ask her as well. When do voiceovers matter? In the show or the previews for the next week?

I'm sure many people have many different answers for this. In my view, it is the lead's job to lead all of the guys on to a point, so I don't pay alot of attention to what she says directly to them. Some, but not alot. However, the private interviews are an opportunity for her to express what she is really thinking and feeling just to the camera, and as a result, I put alot more weight on what she says in them. I only pay attention to what I SEE her say about one of the guys when she is dressed in the same clothes she was on a date with him, or the things I hear her say about someone in which she identifies a specific guy by name. If I don't see her say it or hear a name, I chalk it up to something that could have been said about anybody, at any time in the filming process and then spliced and diced in. Convoluted, but hopefully makes sense.
Bananaloaf
Bananaloaf

Female Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:28 am

Bananaloaf wrote:

I'm sure many people have many different answers for this. In my view, it is the lead's job to lead all of the guys on to a point, so I don't pay alot of attention to what she says directly to them. Some, but not alot. However, the private interviews are an opportunity for her to express what she is really thinking and feeling just to the camera, and as a result, I put alot more weight on what she says in them. I only pay attention to what I SEE her say about one of the guys when she is dressed in the same clothes she was on a date with him, or the things I hear her say about someone in which she identifies a specific guy by name. If I don't see her say it or hear a name, I chalk it up to something that could have been said about anybody, at any time in the filming process and then spliced and diced in. Convoluted, but hopefully makes sense.

Excellent post!!! :alltens:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 am

Bananaloaf wrote:

That helps a lot, I was watching the preview for next week and as it switches from Sean to Jef she is saying someone is going to be heartbroken. But in other previews the same scene is shown when she says she is falling for them. Just trying to figure out if it means anything or not or could just be creating doubt.

Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 am

Previews are baffling because some are done by Fleiss' editors and some by ABC editors to reel viewers in. The voice-overs used in the previews we see at the end of each episode carry weight, but likely NOT the ones we see as commercials. In both cases, the editors get pretty crafty, switching faces on screen so specific words spoken are not applying to specific people.

Now... on the actual episodes, every voice-over "byte" (one to four words used in a sentence) do have importance over the face shown. Of course, we all tear our hair out figuring out what they mean. Every season we have TWO storylines. One is shown on screen, the other more hidden (behind the scenes and REAL) and sometimes revealed in voice-over "bytes" rather than in straight forward conversations and PIs.

For example, when Chris Harrison says "one of you will be going home", the final one is NEVER shown, but sometimes the final two or three are... even if this line is spoken three or more episodes BEFORE they leave. This is a straight-forward use of the "bytes" (I love using that word). Wayyyyy back in episode #1, Emily asks "Who am I going to send home?" over a shot of Sean despite Sean not leaving any time soon.

Less straight-forward are many bytes used last season over Nicki and Courtney, hinting that the lines Ben would speak over them were intended for THEM watching on screen and not for us. Same scenario with William on Ashley's season. (Key lines by Ashley in episode #1 and that first promo over William: "I see so many qualities I want in a man" / "I know you guys feel defeated but I care about you so much.") It is up to the sleuthers to connect the dots.

There are many voice-over bytes spoken over shots of Jef that are probably Emily's intended for him watching on screen. Even in episode #1, we have her saying over his face "I’m a hopeless romantic" and "you gave me butterflies in my stomach". She is talking to ALL of the guys, but the editors make a point of picking and choosing which face for which key word usage. The key line "You exceeded my expectations" is spoken by BOTH Emily and Ashley (last year, episode #1) over shots of Arie and William Holman respectively. When Emily says, also in episode #1, "I wouldn’t have the feelings that I hope to have", the camera pans first on Arie and then on Jef. No doubt THOSE lines will give us quite a workout, but if I have to guess what they mean... I would say she needs Arie to sort out some feelings she needs to get over in order to "move on" with Jef. In the last promo, she calls Arie "the light at the end of the tunnel".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks! This last weeks preview at the end of the show had one small piece that has me questioning. It swtiches from Sean to Jef during the word "Heartbroken" when she says "they could really get their heartbroken and it tears me up inside." After jef it switches to her. So part of Heartbroken is over Jef. Not sure if that means anything or not. Just trying to figure out this crazy season.

However, for some reason they didn't show much of Arie in the preview.

Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 pm

JBF........I love Jack Benny! clapping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

VO & PI's - Discussion - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #1

+81
Kelad9
Tiggerlgh
Just Here In Ohio
Alanna
Bananaloaf