SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Thread #2

Page 33 of 45 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Thread #2

Post by cupcakes Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm

“Bachelorette” Ashley is engaged, now that the reality show is done filming, she is wearing a Neil Lane diamond ring from the man she gave the last rose to. While the “Bachelorette” was devastated over Bentley in the last few episodes that aired, Ashley has found happiness, but is it with Bentley? It sounds like Ashley was able to get past falling in love with this heel and moved on to a real man.

Just like Brad and Emily, the engagement has to be kept under wraps until the reality show’s last episode airs. The man that Ashley gave the last rose to got down on bended knee and popped the question, Life and Style Magazine is reporting today. She accepted. Ashley’s love affair is already different than that of Brad and Emily. While Brad and Emily would only see each other occasionally, Ashley and her new fiancée have been sneaking off on dates out of the public’s eye.

The magazine reports that Ashley was able to get over Bentley’s abrasiveness finally, but still does not say who it is she is engaged to. Chris Harrison tells the magazine that Ashley was a mess after Bentley’s treatment of her. She was so bad, that they thought they would not be able to continue with the show. At one point her eyes were so swollen from crying that she could not wear her contact lenses.

Ashley has had a rough time on this “Bachelorette” season, as she fell in love early on with Bentley, who not only had no interest in her, but was mean and degrading to Ashley behind her back. The fans will see the reunion with Bentley this Monday, as she begged the producers to bring him back. It took a week of phone calls to Bentley to get him to agree. His friends said that he finally agreed to get a free week’s vacation. He is still not interested in Ashley, so Monday night will just bring more heartache for the young Dentist.

Ashley’s engagement happened on a secluded Fiji island on May 13th, reports the magazine. She tells the magazine that after the treatment Bentley gave her, she was afraid to once again open her heart to any of the other men on the “Bachelorette.” Ashley says that it was something she remembered her sister had told her that got her through all this and made it easier to move on. Her sister, Chrystie Corns, told her to “follow your heart and be you.”

The 26 year-old Ashley remembered that line and started thinking a little differently about things. She said while there are awful men out there, like Bentley, there are some pretty good ones too. She found one of those good ones for her! Ashley fans can rest easy now that they know she did find love this season post- Bentley.

The man that she is engaged to is ecstatic and says that Ashley has changed his life. The two are very much in love reports the magazine.

heartbeat
cupcakes
cupcakes

Female Posts : 3568

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm

nd4reality wrote:I just read the life and style article (which Ashley questioned the credibility lol) but just wanted to comment on what the alleged "insider" described the chosen guy as "sensitive". For me JP definitely did not come to mind with this description.
Plus Ashley said (in some other little alleged blurb) that the guy she she chose was exactly what she was always looking for. I remember in earlier interviews she said she wanted a family man.
Which got me thinking on which guy other than Bentley mentioned anything about family as of now ? I think Ben F is the only one who had something to do with family (his father) and family values shown in this intro.
Could this be another little clue towards Ben F ?

The other thing I noticed is that she told Ben she was "impressed with him in every way" following the orphanage date and his time playing soccer with the kids.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 pm

CHO wrote:What about all the comforting that Ashley seems to need? She even comments on that to CH - that is odd that when she needs comforting - she thinks of Bentley. I kind of see Ben as having a relationship of equals - he has confidence in her that she will figure all of this out. Jp tells her on their one on one - you will be alright - it will work out. He is there to comfort her as Bentley was earlier. Is there any thought on needing kind of a father figure in all of this? The way JP came up to Ashley at the 2ndRC - "We need to talk ..." and her reaction was that she has done something wrong - it's these little things that make me wonder what Ashley needs - or thinks she needs.

Far be it for me to judge what anyone wants or needs, but I do think Ash wants a protective/daddy type. Personally, daddy issues kinda creep me out but if she found a guy ready to play along, more power to them.

JMO but I think the only guy left who is even remotely like that is JP. Whatever she has with Ben seems to be too much based in a mutual equal relationship and I don't think she's looking for that in a partner. Maybe from a friend she wants to be told to make her own decisions because she's 'smart,' but in a partner she wants to be told it's okay and comforted. To go along with this, I also think the retweet of the blog is a red flag. Her guy needs to be so sensitive, not necessarily about everything, but about her feelings and needs.

One more thing, it really sticks out to me that she wants Bentley for comfort when the only time we saw him comfort her was the roast. To me this says that no one on that date soothed her fears but Bentley, including Ryan, Ames and Ben.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

nd4reality wrote:I just read the life and style article (which Ashley questioned the credibility laugh out loud) but just wanted to comment on what the alleged "insider" described the chosen guy as "sensitive". For me JP definitely did not come to mind with this description.
Plus Ashley said (in some other little alleged blurb) that the guy she she chose was exactly what she was always looking for. I remember in earlier interviews she said she wanted a family man.
Which got me thinking on which guy other than Bentley mentioned anything about family as of now ? I think Ben F is the only one who had something to do with family (his father) and family values shown in this intro.
Could this be another little clue towards Ben F ?

Ha ha ha! Them's fightin' words!

“I know she had an emotional night last night on the group date. I know Bentley going home today couldn’t be easy for her so I don’t know how emotional she’s gonna be. I do want to know she is OK and once we touch on it, we’re gonna go on with the rest of the night.”

“[There’s] been a lot of emotion, a lot of drama, but tonight is about me and Ashley and I’ve got to find a way to help her put all that aside and focus on the two of us.”

"Obviously Bentley went home today. That's gotta be difficult. So, first thing, I just want to make sure you are OK."

Insensitive bastard! Yup, I agree. "You’ll figure it out. You’re a smart girl." sounds soooo much better.

(For the record though, I think JP, Ben and Ryan are equally "sensitive". I KNOW you are just pulling our legs! :D )
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm

JBF wrote:
nutty1 wrote: ...I have a question about this process. I understand the lead has an intended F4 initially. But when you say they all received PIs the first night....at the point they are editing the show, the season is over, the finale is taped. Why show PI's of the initial intended F4, when at that point, they know they weren't the actual F4??

Very good question and, no, I can't be 100% certain of the answer. I'm sure we all would have liked being flies on the wall to know what really happened....

Just wanted to toss my own perspective regarding the question:
I know that it is the assumption of many that TPTB manufacture a storyline and I do agree, somewhat. That being said, I also think that TPTB do try to tell the story of their leads "journey". I think that after the M&G, they have the lead give their best guess at who they may be interested in and rank them in order. They may even have the lead do this prior to each of the RC just to see minor changes as they occur. TPTB are able to see, in "real time" (as it happens) and globally (after the show is finished) all the drama and recurrent themes that occur for the season. In real time, they are able to cue a person to get their perspective on a situation. For example the conversation that JP, Ben and Blake had. TPTB certainly knew that JP (at least) was on Ashley's radar and were able to cue 1 or even all 3 to discuss what might be happening on Constantine's date to see if they could get some reaction that could be used later. They may even film several people answering the exact same question of a situation-- for example, the accident with Ames. Once the show is complete, TPTB try to tell the story of who Ashley was originally attracted to and that is why we see the PI's at the M&G with the IT4. They are also able to "create a story" with the drama that is presented. They build the story with comments and answers to specific questions that they might be able to use in various situations. Again, they could ask the same question to everyone (Ames' accident) and then decide after it is all said and done whose comment they want to include. That way, as the lead changes who she/he is interested in, they can make can make a comment fit with whomever they need it to fit with. Some people are very free with their words and will say anything that TPTB lead them to say. I also think that they get multiple people saying the same VO sentence and then splice it in how they need it. (As I recall, didn't we go round and round about a VO that Ty said, in Ali's season, that he wasn't even there for?)

I think that the way the lead changes who their preferences are also contributes to the "wonky" edit. Apparently, Ashley was kind of all over the place with 2 out of her IT4 (I think she was pretty clear about the other 2) and that is why the edit seems to be all over the place.

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Love catching up on the posts today. Great work, everyone.

One quick comment about the sensitive guy mentioned.

JP was choked up and he said he'll never forget the kids at the orphanage and "it will forever change my life"..that's sounds like a sensitive guy to me.

Last edited by Gina on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:17 pm

rock I'm glad I have an icon to express how I feel about your post, LibbyBell. Right on and it helps clarify the wonky edit and how the storylines are written as the show progresses.
Molly
Molly

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Gina wrote:Love catching up on the posts today. Great work, everyone.

JP was choked up and he said he'll never forget the kids at the orphanage and "it will forever change my life"..that's sounds like a sensitive guy to me.

I think it's safe to say JP is the emotional & sensitive type. The guy is wearing his heart on his sleeve...With his maturity comes emotional awareness...some people have it, some don't. Reminds me very much of Ryan Sutter...

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm

agentcurls wrote:

I think it's safe to say JP is the emotional & sensitive type. The guy is wearing his heart on his sleeve...With his maturity comes emotional awareness...some people have it, some don't. Reminds me very much of Ryan Sutter...
I meant to add this to my post where JP said "it will forever change my life" (the orphanage date)
from the L & S article:
The man that she is engaged to is ecstatic and says that Ashley has changed his life. The two are very much in love reports the magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Gina wrote:
agentcurls wrote:

I meant to add this to my post where JP said "it will forever change my life" (the orphanage date)
from the L & S article:
The man that she is engaged to is ecstatic and says that Ashley has changed his life. The two are very much in love reports the magazine

"And she made it possible" :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Max64 wrote:
Gina wrote:
agentcurls wrote:

from the L & S article:

"And she made it possible" :D

Max, that was the sweetest comment in the world, especially because she had nothing to do with it at all. So touching and just adorable!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:39 pm

agentcurls wrote:

This is so true
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 45 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Thread #2