SELECT CONTENT

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion Empty Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Post by Jeepers Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:36 am

Please, use this thread to discuss People Water.

Opinions are allowed, but you can't attack someone for having a different view then your own.

* The title of this thread might be changed soon*

ILUV .. Just an update for you .. PW does sell online .. And in certain markets as well .. and one can use a PC and/or a mobile device to order at any time .. Unlike TeamArie .. PW has it posted on their website their shop .. Which includes their water products and their t-shirt line and accessories .. No .. They don't have it posted exactly how much of the water proceeds are directed towards charitable causes .. They DO post how much of each other item is directed towards charitable causes .. Shirts/bag/phone cover are 25% and the TEAMJEF shirt is 100% of the proceeds

I actually see basically no info/comments provided to the public regarding the charity that Arie promoted once or twice .. But have seen how difficult it is to purchase or even contact them regarding this charity .. Or even info regarding being a legit charity

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion Empty Re: Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 am

Jeepers wrote:ILUV .. Just an update for you .. PW does sell online .. And in certain markets as well .. and one can use a PC and/or a mobile device to order at any time .. Unlike TeamArie .. PW has it posted on their website their shop .. Which includes their water products and their t-shirt line and accessories .. No .. They don't have it posted exactly how much of the water proceeds are directed towards charitable causes .. They DO post how much of each other item is directed towards charitable causes .. Shirts/bag/phone cover are 25% and the TEAMJEF shirt is 100% of the proceeds

I actually see basically no info/comments provided to the public regarding the charity that Arie promoted once or twice .. But have seen how difficult it is to purchase or even contact them regarding this charity .. Or even info regarding being a legit charity

Arie and Sean run a t-shirt sale. Jef runs a multi-million dollar business with employees and an office. False equivalencies don't help your argument.

Back to top Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion Empty Re: Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Post by lovemyarie Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 am

In regards to Graham Bunn's business he is soooo up front. When I went last year I spoke to him first and asked him how I could go about having a Lemonade stand at my school with my Kindergarten class. He explained it all and then we talked about the tee shirts and he made a point of telling me the percentage that goes to the charity. He was such a sweet man. He is so passionate about what he is doing. I can't wait to go next month again. I see he invited Emily (and Jeff-I too refuse to leave off the f). I have no desire to see them. I actually left last year as Emily came. Had no desire to see her then either. And all I remember saying to one of the ladies was that her bronzer looked sooooooo bad. She was completely orange and I said I cant believe none of her fellow ettes never told her to fix it. I thought Ashley Hebert was the prettiest girl there by far. And I can't say she looked great at all during the season. But in person sooo pretty. And it helped that JP was on her arm. And if anyone gets the chance to go do it.I am sure there is no other event that you literally just stand on the grass and talk to them for hours and they take pictures with everyone. And it never gets boring because new people keep walking up. It was a blast.

lovemyarie

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 am

For me, the big difference between Arie and Jef's "charities" is that Arie teamed with with Michael and it was a spur of the moment act, where he could give his fans what they wanted and support a charity that he thought was a worthy cause, at the same time.

Jef seems to have gone into this quite calculating. This is his third business, all funded by daddy, and it's obvious (to me anyway) that he wants to be an entrepaneur, and not a philanthropist. He's all about advertising PW and does so any chance he gets, even more so that he talks about his relationship with Emily. I think he used the Bach to promote his business, and that's still his main objective, as seen in his tweets, instagrams etc. I think it's proved over and over by people who have looked into his "charity", that it's just a marketing gimmick ... no more, no less, which IMO, makes it a repulsive thing to do ..... especially, when he comes from as much money as he does, and claims to be as religious as he does. The Bible says to "not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing" ..... not advertise, advertise, advertise. Don't get me wrong, raising money for charities is a wonderful work... but when it's used to line somebodies pocket as its main objective... it crosses a line and becomes a shady business.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 am

Well .. I guess .. As has been discussed dozens of times .. One needs to understand that Jef doesnt run a charity.....

Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:27 am

My question was -- how much of every purchase of People Water goes to building wells? Or, what percentage of the annual profits go to building wells? Is there an answer to that question that I missed? It's a pretty simple question and one that a business marketing themselves through their charitable works should be able to answer. "Arie doesn't disclose how much his t-shirt sale makes" isn't the answer I was looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 am

Companies that support charitable programs ALL make money from their product .. And ALL choose which charities they choose to support .. PW is no different .. Think Coca Cola .. Avon .. All pro athletic teams .. Etc.......

Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by iluvMoneyBunn Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 am

lovemyarie wrote:In regards to Graham Bunn's business he is soooo up front. When I went last year I spoke to him first and asked him how I could go about having a Lemonade stand at my school with my Kindergarten class. He explained it all and then we talked about the tee shirts and he made a point of telling me the percentage that goes to the charity. He was such a sweet man. He is so passionate about what he is doing. I can't wait to go next month again. I see he invited Emily (and Jeff-I too refuse to leave off the f). I have no desire to see them. I actually left last year as Emily came. Had no desire to see her then either. And all I remember saying to one of the ladies was that her bronzer looked sooooooo bad. She was completely orange and I said I cant believe none of her fellow ettes never told her to fix it. I thought Ashley Hebert was the prettiest girl there by far. And I can't say she looked great at all during the season. But in person sooo pretty. And it helped that JP was on her arm. And if anyone gets the chance to go do it.I am sure there is no other event that you literally just stand on the grass and talk to them for hours and they take pictures with everyone. And it never gets boring because new people keep walking up. It was a blast.

lucky you! wish i could fly out to NYC from Asia to meet GB at the lemonade stand! Luv the guy. (isn't it obvious w/ my name here LOL) I'm very much inspired by him and he is a prime example of a person from BachNation who has used his popularity to do good things. (i'll PM you a video I made on 46NYC for GB's bday last December) I see that BachNation is coming in full force to the lemonade stand. Ash Spivey is also helping him organize.
iluvMoneyBunn
iluvMoneyBunn

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 am

Big difference is that it's not how they market their company. PW advertises their product in a way that makes people think that it's a charity, and it's quite deceptive - nothing but a marketing ploy to play on peoples sympathies. Nothing to admire in my book.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion Empty Discussion

Post by jlccaz Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 am

Jeepers wrote:Companies that support charitable programs ALL make money from their product .. And ALL choose which charities they choose to support .. PW is no different .. Think Coca Cola .. Avon .. All pro athletic teams .. Etc.......

Coke, Yoplait, Chick Fil A -- all are universally understood to be for profit companies.

PeopleWater blurs the lines, through ignorance or intent. "Join the Movement" -- is charity talk, not a disclosure that less than a cent (my guess) per liter is donated to a well charity. They promote / feature news articles that expressly repeat the misinformation that Jef runs a "charity." The CEO tweeted just this week that people should go to peoplewater.com to "DONATE" -- his word.

There is no link on the site to donate to any charity. Instead, clicking through, one can "shop" for merchandise (disclosed % to charity partners) or water ("drop for drop" confusion -- one pair of shoes for one pair of shoes, easy to understand for any consumer. One liter for one liter -- very confusing! Some think that water bottles are being shipped to Africa. Some think that all the proceeds are going to well charities, i.e., it's a charity. Many just fill in the blanks projecting their own (incorrect) ideas. Many don't give a darn -- they like the product, it's a free country, and it makes them feel close to someone they liked on TV or something like that. All fine.

But there are stringent state and federal laws about misleading people into thinking their purchases are going to a charity. And this company, notwithstanding the national spotlight it unsurprisingly garnered through the founder's appearance on network primetime and his "win", is moving away from transparency, not toward transparency so far.

So the criticism gains momentum, instead of fading away.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by iluvMoneyBunn Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 am

Jeepers wrote:ILUV .. Just an update for you .. PW does sell online .. And in certain markets as well .. and one can use a PC and/or a mobile device to order at any time .. Unlike TeamArie .. PW has it posted on their website their shop .. Which includes their water products and their t-shirt line and accessories .. No .. They don't have it posted exactly how much of the water proceeds are directed towards charitable causes .. They DO post how much of each other item is directed towards charitable causes .. Shirts/bag/phone cover are 25% and the TEAMJEF shirt is 100% of the proceeds

I didn't "condemn" PW. In fact on the contrary, I said, and I agreed with dw, that the general public probably doesn't care about the lack of disclosure, they just take a leap of faith. in Arie's case, his website is clear, 100% of proceeds from Tshirts goes to charity and we take a leap of faith that he will do with the money what he said he would. I think Sean's Tshirts were 50% or something. As I said in my post, some can take that leap of faith and others cannot. Evidently, some do not and some do, in the case of PW. And the question was on the bottled water, not the t-shirts because as you pointed out, it's disclosed that 100% goes to charity.

Last edited by iluvMoneyBunn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
iluvMoneyBunn
iluvMoneyBunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 am

Jeepers wrote:Companies that support charitable programs ALL make money from their product .. And ALL choose which charities they choose to support .. PW is no different .. Think Coca Cola .. Avon .. All pro athletic teams .. Etc.......

Once again, it's not the same thing. Coca-Cola does not market its product by saying they're donating money from every purchase to such-and-such a cause. Avon does donate to breast cancer charities, but they're very specific about what you have to buy and how much sale donates.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product_list.aspx?level1_id=300&level2_id=380&cat_type=C&omnCode=Fundraising

If you go to the People Water website, it's all about their charitable giving. Again, they use it directly to market their product. And if the picture of their bottle is correct, the whole charitable deal is printed on every bottle. So it's really not like Coca Cola or even Avon. Their charitable works are not part of their marketing pitch.

It is, however, like the pink lid campaign from Yoplait and Susan G. Komen. Yoplait uses the pink ribbon to sell more yogurt, Susan G. Komen benefits. And yet, Yoplait published on their website:

General Mills will donate 10 cents to Susan G. Komen for each lid received and also for each code entered by 6/30/2013. Maximum total donation of $2,500,000. We have already donated $500,000. We will donate up to an additional $2,000,000 based on
lids submitted, codes entered and other consumer actions. Look for other ways to trigger donations at SaveLidstoSaveLives.com.

So, that's what I'd like to know from People Water. And if they can't tell me that, maybe they could say how much $$ they donated in the previous year to build wells. But they're very vague about it, which they shouldn't be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

+32
cimcoe
Peppermom
mnmhughes
IrishGal
missmilano