SELECT CONTENT

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Post by atem Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 pm

I just want to rant that I can't get to my stupid photobucket account and upload my pics or get to my old ones that I don't have saved on this computer! Makes me soooo angry! hissyfit

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

Post by atem Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Happy Hobbit Day! Oh, and Happy First Day of Fall! Hope you enjoy your day.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Amberish wrote:Permitted to use the logo doesn't mean the conference is a United Nations event. The group is not affiliated with the United Nations. it is a group whose membership comes together, simulating the United Nations committees model to address whatever crisis it chooses to address during it's conference. The Chicago conference is one of the hundreds groups, probably thousands, worldwide that are organized as either a conference, a class (like a semester class) or club. They are usually secondary or college students, but not always, for these groups can be primary or not students at all.

Cody accurately stated that he and Jef were speaking at the CIMUN conference in Chicago. He hash tagged unitednations. He is right for the conference is about problem solving using the United Nations model.

Jef stated they were speaking at an United Nations event ... Well, it's just flat out isn't and, intentional or not, this isn't Jef's first faux pas.

I liked Jef for Emily when I first read about him. After listening to him, I liked him more and more, until diminishing returns set in. Jef probably should have stopped talking because I (and I am sure, others) now have time to pay attention and seems as much of what comes out of his mouth amounts to nothing less than total crap.

westcoastgirl wrote:Here is a link to the UN website where it lists all the UN model programs, including the one in Chicago.

http://www.un.org/wcm/content/site/gmun/home/modelun/MUNDatabase

Amberish wrote:
westcoastgirl wrote:Here is a link to the UN website where it lists all the UN model programs, including the one in Chicago.

Thanks for the link ... and able to find what I was looking for and, thus, didn't include in my previous posts, in that People Water inappropriately used the official UN Emblem and not the Chicago club emblem logo in their advertising itself as a sponsor of the Chicago Model UN conference. Not surprised, and just one more example, I guess this week's version, of a Jef untruth.

Official Note to MUNs
The use of the UN emblem

Model UNs (“MUNs”) cannot use the United Nations emblem in the unmodified form. This is because the use of the UN emblem and name, as well as any abbreviations thereof, is reserved for the official purposes of the United Nations in accordance with General Assembly resolution 92(1) of 7 December 1946.

With respect to MUNs organised by or affiliated with academic institutions, the use of a modified version of the UN emblem, i.e., with the words "United Nations" or "UN" set above the emblem, and the words "We Believe" or "Our Hope for Mankind" set below the emblem, has been authorised on a case-by-case basis. Such modified UN emblem makes it clear that no official use of the emblem is involved and that the UN emblem is being reproduced as a demonstration of support for the United Nations. Therefore, if any MUN wishes to use a modified version of the UN emblem, it would have to seek the UN's prior written permission to do so. Any such requests should be addressed to Education Outreach, Outreach Division, DPI in the first instance, and should include details on how, when and where the modified UN emblem would be used.

http://www.un.org/wcm/content/site/gmun/home/modelun ---> http://www.un.org/wcm/webdav/site/gmun/shared/Use%20of%20UN%20Emblem_OLA.doc

This is the Chicago club emblem ...

The official UN logo that PW wrongly used in the ad they created as a sponsor of the Chicago club event ...

mare2 wrote:Amberish, what do you believe Jef has been untruthful about?

westcoastgirl wrote:
Amberish wrote:

Thanks for the link ... and able to find what I was looking for and, thus, didn't include in my previous posts, in that People Water inappropriately used the official UN Emblem and not the Chicago club emblem logo in their advertising itself as a sponsor of the Chicago Model UN conference. Not surprised, and just one more example, I guess this week's version, of a Jef untruth.

Official Note to MUNs
The use of the UN emblem

Model UNs (“MUNs”) cannot use the United Nations emblem in the unmodified form. This is because the use of the UN emblem and name, as well as any abbreviations thereof, is reserved for the official purposes of the United Nations in accordance with General Assembly resolution 92(1) of 7 December 1946.

With respect to MUNs organised by or affiliated with academic institutions, the use of a modified version of the UN emblem, i.e., with the words "United Nations" or "UN" set above the emblem, and the words "We Believe" or "Our Hope for Mankind" set below the emblem, has been authorised on a case-by-case basis. Such modified UN emblem makes it clear that no official use of the emblem is involved and that the UN emblem is being reproduced as a demonstration of support for the United Nations. Therefore, if any MUN wishes to use a modified version of the UN emblem, it would have to seek the UN's prior written permission to do so. Any such requests should be addressed to Education Outreach, Outreach Division, DPI in the first instance, and should include details on how, when and where the modified UN emblem would be used.

http://www.un.org/wcm/content/site/gmun/home/modelun ---> http://www.un.org/wcm/webdav/site/gmun/shared/Use%20of%20UN%20Emblem_OLA.doc

This is the Chicago club emblem ...

The official UN logo that PW wrongly used in the ad they created as a sponsor of the Chicago club event ...

The link was in response to this statement in your previous post:

"The group is not affiliated with the United Nations."
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Off Topic/Miscellaneous Subjects - Discussion

+32
cimcoe
Peppermom
mnmhughes
IrishGal
missmilano