SELECT CONTENT

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Page 33 of 45 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:06 pm

You're right, Chloe, my opinion however is, that because a rumor is out there does not give me the right to perpetrate such. 
That's all I'm saying.  :yes: 
I always liked Courtney and thought she was funny on the show. Now--not so much.  hmmm  
That's just my opinion. She keeps pushing the envelope and it's finally gone off the edge, for me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

Post by chloep Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Courtney certainly is an acquired taste. I think she is probably a sweetheart to those people she is really close to(and genuinely cares about) and is a condescending b++++ to others. In my book she is one of those people who claim, that being generally nice requires too much effort and being a b++++ who people love to hate is just too much fun to pass on.

Probably not my cup of tea as a person, but I do enjoy her quick wit and candor through TV and tweets.(at times.... and in moderation.)

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Well, if she is just repeating a rumor she heard and claiming it's a fact, then she's just nasty. I didn't read the book and won't, but I assumed if she is claiming to know something that only two people know the truth about, and neither of them is her, then Ben must have told her, so my apologies to him for implicating him in this indiscretion. My opinion of her is sinking even lower. She gives new meaning to the word "insensitive".  no 

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Obviously it could only be anything but a rumor if Ashley or Ben publicly admitted it...
Something that clearly will NEVER happen. Though, it is handled as a common fact of some sort in the "Bach World".

With that said her book doesn't make me like her any more than I did before.(Nor does it make me like her any less, TBH. It is completely what I expected.)

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 pm

If I'm going to read smut, it's going to be with fictitious characters so I don't have to visualize the real people! laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:05 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:If I'm going to read smut, it's going to be with fictitious characters so I don't have to visualize the real people! laugh out loud

I personally think Courtney hears something but then lets it grow in her mind to something else.  I can believe she thinks everything she is telling is the truth, even though her own personal take on things clouds her remembrance so much that it isn't even close to the truth or even what she was originally told. When you chose to be around Courtney you willingly take that chance of her distorting what you say to her. As for Ashley, I wonder if Ben said something nasty when they broke up about her not being as good as Ashley, so she felt free to let Ashley have it? Not that it justifies her saying it, but this is a move I could see Courtney pulling.

I am glad for others to have read the book so I don't have to.

The one thing I can respect about Courtney is that she admits that she is a b*****.  I compare her to Melissa who sat on a couch and cried and asked Jason why he didn't respect her enough to break up with her in private, when the whole time she was not returning his calls and was involved with Ty, and gladly told this to everyone in her book?  That to me is a sneaky b****, she tried to cost Jason Molly who actually loved him when she had Ty waiting for her at the airport when she got back from NZ.

About the arguments with Emily. I was team Emily up until the moment when Courtney directly asked Emily if she had been talking about her and Emily lied and said no. To me that brought Emily right down to Courtney's level and made Emily fair game.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 am

bleuberry wrote:I can't believe she would spread a rumor about Ashley and Ben having sex in the FS, especially since that info didn't even come from Ben himself, according to her?

She said she heard it from a "very reliable source". When I read it, I assumed she meant Ben and just didn't want to name him. It could also be one of the producers, who I'm guessing she's been in constant contact for approving her book. Honestly, I believe it. I don't think that the producers would have been able to convince Ben that he was the F1 unless Ashley had gotten physical with him. Plus, a lot of the people in the know (Fleiss, leads, RS, contestants) have alluded to multiple sex partners dying the FS dates, so I believe it. Even Ali said that she would slept with Frank if he hadn't left and I always felt like she was in love with Roberto from day one.

dw_a_mom wrote:
Alanna wrote:I don't believe the condom thing, not because I think tptb are so into their contestants' sexual health but because there would be way more Bach babies running around on the atfrs and not just those belonging to the married couples either.

I would assume most of these women are on the pill or similar, and the condoms are just for the STDs.

I think that's WAY too big of an assumption to make, considering that there have ~500 female contestants since the show started. Even Sharleen mentioned in her blog that she's off the pill because she didn't like how it made her feel. If a recent contestant admits to not being on BC, I would bet that there at least handful of others too. Plus, I know a bunch of women who rely solely on condoms so I think TPTB would take that in consideration.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:29 am

chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I can't believe she would spread a rumor about Ashley and Ben having sex in the FS, especially since that info didn't even come from Ben himself, according to her?

She said she heard it from a "very reliable source". When I read it, I assumed she meant Ben and just didn't want to name him. It could also be one of the producers, who I'm guessing she's been in constant contact for approving her book. Honestly, I believe it. I don't think that the producers would have been able to convince Ben that he was the F1 unless Ashley had gotten physical with him. Plus, a lot of the people in the know (Fleiss, leads, RS, contestants) have alluded to multiple sex partners dying the FS dates, so I believe it. Even Ali said that she would slept with Frank if he hadn't left and I always felt like she was in love with Roberto from day one.

dw_a_mom wrote:
Alanna wrote:I don't believe the condom thing, not because I think tptb are so into their contestants' sexual health but because there would be way more Bach babies running around on the atfrs and not just those belonging to the married couples either.

I would assume most of these women are on the pill or similar, and the condoms are just for the STDs.

I think that's WAY too big of an assumption to make, considering that there have ~500 female contestants since the show started. Even Sharleen mentioned in her blog that she's off the pill because she didn't like how it made her feel. If a recent contestant admits to not being on BC, I would bet that there at least handful of others too.  Plus, I know a bunch of women who rely solely on condoms so I think TPTB would take that in consideration.

Maybe I'm too much of a JP fan to be objective about this, but I still doubt that Ashley had sex with Ben.  My common sense tells me that considering she looked so uncomfortable even kissing him (and she herself admitted that she was probably not a great lead because she had such a hard time being romantic with other men once she had already found "the one"), it is unlikely that, knowing she would (most likely) be having sex with JP in a few days anyway, she would willingly go so far to have sex with Ben "just for the hell of it" and risk upsetting JP.  The producers can coerce you into a lot, but they couldn't force her to have sex with Ben to make a better show anymore than they could force Nick to participate in a foiler if he didn't want to, IMO.  And as for the argument that she must have slept with him for him to believe she loved him enough to propose, we know from past victims how much they lie to the F2 about the lead's feelings, convincing him for weeks that the lead is falling in love with him and he's the "favorite", just like what they're probably doing with Nick this season.  And to be fair, they are ALL brainwashed, even JP and Josh, because no guy in his right mind is going to propose to a woman he has known less than 2 months, who his parents have met once, who has probably never met his friends, and who he has never spent time with in public, without some serious manipulation going on.

If Courtney heard this from production, it also wouldn't surprise me. I get the feeling that MF and company like to believe that everybody on the show is having sex in the FS, we know that they have pretty crude senses of humor, and I think they just like to promote that idea that there is more hooking up on this show rather than less. So the crew is under the impression that they're ALL having sex, unless a lead makes it very clear publicly, like Sean, that it's just not happening. And how would they 100% know that Ashley and Ben had sex, do they check with housekeeping about the existence of used condoms in the trash?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm

chasingpavements wrote:

dw_a_mom wrote:

I think that's WAY too big of an assumption to make, considering that there have ~500 female contestants since the show started. Even Sharleen mentioned in her blog that she's off the pill because she didn't like how it made her feel. If a recent contestant admits to not being on BC, I would bet that there at least handful of others too.  Plus, I know a bunch of women who rely solely on condoms so I think TPTB would take that in consideration.

I think anyone who relies only on a condom for birth control is an idiot; they have a pretty high failure rate; it is fine in a serious relationship or marriage where pregnancy isn't going to be that big a deal, but any young single woman with an active sex life really needs to be using something more.  A lot more.

(I have no idea what Sharleen has said on the subject, but I would guess someone like her would abstain rather than risk it; and there are other methods she may well be using)

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:29 pm

ironcat wrote:

Maybe I'm too much of a JP fan to be objective about this, but I still doubt that Ashley had sex with Ben.  My common sense tells me that considering she looked so uncomfortable even kissing him (and she herself admitted that she was probably not a great lead because she had such a hard time being romantic with other men once she had already found "the one"), it is unlikely that, knowing she would (most likely) be having sex with JP in a few days anyway, she would willingly go so far to have sex with Ben "just for the hell of it" and risk upsetting JP.  The producers can coerce you into a lot, but they couldn't force her to have sex with Ben to make a better show anymore than they could force Nick to participate in a foiler if he didn't want to, IMO.  And as for the argument that she must have slept with him for him to believe she loved him enough to propose, we know from past victims how much they lie to the F2 about the lead's feelings, convincing him for weeks that the lead is falling in love with him and he's the "favorite", just like what they're probably doing with Nick this season.  And to be fair, they are ALL brainwashed, even JP and Josh, because no guy in his right mind is going to propose to a woman he has known less than 2 months, who his parents have met once, who has probably never met his friends, and who he has never spent time with in public, without some serious manipulation going on.

If Courtney heard this from production, it also wouldn't surprise me.  I get the feeling that MF and company like to believe that everybody on the show is having sex in the FS, we know that they have pretty crude senses of humor, and I think they just like to promote that idea that there is more hooking up on this show rather than less.  So the crew is under the impression that they're ALL having sex, unless a lead makes it very clear publicly, like Sean, that it's just not happening.  And how would they 100% know that Ashley and Ben had sex, do they check with housekeeping about the existence of used condoms in the trash?

I agree.

(sorry, Chloep, just read your note that this is a very long running rumor; either these people really really have 100% different values than I or the people I know - which is possible - or that rumor can't be anything more than a baseless rumor)

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm

I haven't decided if I will read her book, but I did find her fascinating on Ben's season, for the simple reason that she narrated her actions and their results very well. It was like a how-to on getting your man (not that I need one, being married, but, still, so many of the mistakes the other women made, so many of the thought processes she disdained, I remembered very well from my dating days). It is always interesting to get inside the mind of someone is so very different from oneself.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:27 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I haven't decided if I will read her book, but I did find her fascinating on Ben's season, for the simple reason that she narrated her actions and their results very well.  It was like a how-to on getting your man (not that I need one, being married, but, still, so many of the mistakes the other women made, so many of the thought processes she disdained, I remembered very well from my dating days).  It is always interesting to get inside the mind of someone is so very different from oneself.

I agree which is why I read her book. Learning more about her early years, her mothers strong opinions on men as well as her childhood in general gave me a glimpse on why she is the way she is.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 45 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Courtney Robertson & Humberto Preciado - Bachelor 16 - Discussion

+105
HavaDrPepper
mbl
Astrobach
mindless
Kels0012