SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:43 am

Mommyof1 wrote:TMZ says she hanged herself.  If that is true...oh, Gia!  :(
This is breaking my heart too. My cousin committed suicide when he was 19 and it forever changed the family. His parents and sister suffered for many years thinking they were at fault as they didn't see the warning signs and figured that they should of been able to stop it.

I feel for her family through all of this. They are the ones that continue with the burden of it all. One thing that us as a family had to realized is that now my cousin was at peace, and so is Gia.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
This is breaking my heart too.  My cousin committed suicide when he was 19 and it forever changed the family.  His parents and sister suffered for many years thinking they were at fault as they didn't see the warning signs and figured that they should of been able to stop it.  

I feel for her family through all of this.  They are the ones that continue with the burden of it all.  One thing that us as a family had to realized is that now my cousin was at peace, and so is Gia.
So sorry for your loss Aunties. What a tragedy! Great that you can share your experiences; they help those who have not yet been down the road you've been on to also make peace with events. God bless!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 am

I am still in shock and so sad by this! I can't wrap my head around the fact that she seemed so happy, had people close by that loved her and obviously didn't show warning signs (other than cryptic tweets and IMO a few recent pics where she looked tired that really could have meant sad) I went back and checked out her Instagram and Tweets lastnight & feel safe to say she was loved by SO MANY close to her and fans from afar. I can't imagine how she felt there was no other option for her being surrounded by so much love. One of her friends posted on IG that they attended church together on Sun and had plans together Mon night. She was also supposed to be joining the other alumni in PA this week. She sure had a lot of plans for someone planning to end her life. The skeptic and Dateline fan in me questions if this is as simple as suicide. Hanging is not usually a woman's 1st choice for suicide and with her height she would have had to use a ladder. Nonetheless, I don't want to go there this morning so I will say RIP sweet sweet Gia, you will be missed by so many and this really is the saddest news to hit Bachelornation. Hugs friends! group hug 

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 am

I think I read some where that she found out on Monday that her boyfriend had cheated on her.  Could have been the cause of the suicide

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 am

reason wrote:I think I read some where that she found out on Monday that her boyfriend had cheated on her.  Could have been the cause of the suicide
SAD. SAD. SAD

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/15/friends-say-tv-beauty-gia-allemand-wrestled-with-insecurity-demons-before-death/

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 am

reason wrote:I think I read some where that she found out on Monday that her boyfriend had cheated on her.  Could have been the cause of the suicide
While I do not know this for a fact, I do find it hard to believe... My bf used to play ball with Ryan back in Cali and he still says that Ryan is one of the best guys he has ever known....Ryan is supposed to be a very fun-loving and gentle soul, with great christian values.
The last time they saw each-other was only a couple of months ago and he says that Ryan looked so happy, he was having a great time with the Pelicans and and he was practically gushing about Gia...
Sadly, a cheating bf(or a less than happy relationship) is the first thing that ppl think of in such situations... and the tabloids(/online rag sites), knowing no shame, will be running away with it..

Praying for all the ppl that Gia left behind that they find peace over time..

Last edited by chloep on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

MVMom39forever wrote:Gia tweeted this during a viewing party for Bachelorette. So sad as it seems to imply she wanted more from her 2-year relationship. Poor lady. RIP.

Gia Allemand ‏@GiaAllemand  5 Aug  
Chris your words are the words every woman in America wants to hear. You are amazing. #Bachelorette #GetTheRose

staciann ‏@StaciAnn  5 Aug  
@GiaAllemand if by amazing you mean the biggest sucker ever. I totally agree.

Gia Allemand ‏@GiaAllemand  5 Aug  
@StaciAnn sucker or not he stole my heart. And I'm sitting here wishing someone would say that to me #Bachelorette #GetTheRose

Thanks for posting these.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Kuddos to RS for being caring and compassionate

A very sad week in Bachelor Nation with the passing of 29 year old Gia Allemand. I’m sure all of you have heard by now what’s been reported for the last two days and a lot of you have questions. We all do. However, we might just have to accept the fact that although we may want answers to how something this awful could happen to such a great girl, we are not entitled to them. The butcher job that the media is doing on this story is beyond repulsive and sickens me. Not even gonna focus on that right now because it’s garbage.

I was privileged to hang out with Gia on a couple of occasions back in the day, and she was as sweet in person as she appeared on TV. I remember the first time I ever talked to her on the phone was back when her and Wes were an item, he was talking to her, and he surprised her and said “Someone hear wants to talk to you.” I got on the phone, told her who I was, and she started screaming saying “I can’t believe I’m talking to Reality Steve!” I’m pretty sure she was the first contestant I ever heard say that so immediately of course I was a fan of hers ha ha. Then I remember the night of dancing at Sfuzzi’s here in Dallas with her and Peyton before Peyton had moved to Massachusetts. It’s been a while since I’d had any contact with Gia (basically before Bachelor Pad 1) is the last time I really spoke to her, but I had heard through others how she was doing and I never heard a negative word about her. Just judging from the outpouring yesterday on social media, you can tell that Gia was an important part of this Bachelor family that will be missed by everyone.

I don’t know anything more than any of you do. It’d been a while since I’d seen or spoken to her but from everything I’d heard, she was happy, she was living in New Orleans with her boyfriend Ryan, and this news has come as a complete shock to those who were close to her. Impossible to understand something like this, so I’m not even going to try. Of the few times I spend with Gia, she was always very nice to me, she enjoyed what I did, and never took herself too seriously. That’s not easy to say for everyone involved in this franchise. RIP Gia. We all miss you.

Read more at http://realitysteve.com/2013/08/15/the-passing-of-gia-allemand-reader-emails-dr-reality-steve/#ikRRBD23E8FacfTO.99
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Not to take this away from GIA but perhaps the Bachelor franchise could establish a foundation in GIA's\name for all dealing with low self esteem and image problems. There are tons of kids especially young impressionable girls that are battling demons like this that could use the support. Maybe some good can come out of this tragedy.

Kinda makes me wonder about the so called "battery of psychological testing" the producers do for their candidates. Seems sick that they would know her (and others) insecurities and play off them. I had been a fan but I admit I am rethinking the whole show in light of this. Gia and family in my prayers.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 pm

SueSt wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
This is breaking my heart too.  My cousin committed suicide when he was 19 and it forever changed the family.  His parents and sister suffered for many years thinking they were at fault as they didn't see the warning signs and figured that they should of been able to stop it.  

I feel for her family through all of this.  They are the ones that continue with the burden of it all.  One thing that us as a family had to realized is that now my cousin was at peace, and so is Gia.
So sorry for your loss Aunties.  What a tragedy!  Great that you can share your experiences; they help those who have not yet been down the road you've been on to also make peace with events.  God bless!
It happened in 1991, but still touches our family now.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:Not to take this away from GIA but perhaps the Bachelor franchise could establish a foundation in GIA's\name for all dealing with low self esteem and image problems.  There are tons of kids especially young impressionable girls that are battling demons like this that could use the support.  Maybe some good can come out of this tragedy.

Kinda makes me wonder about the so called "battery of psychological testing" the producers do for their candidates.  Seems sick that they would know her (and others) insecurities and play off them.  I had been a fan but I admit I am rethinking the whole show in light of this.  Gia and family in my prayers.
 I, too, have an icky feeling. I know there is a certain personality type that would even consider doing this crazy show, especially after all they are put through emotionally. I do think reality shows in general feed on people's insecurities and neuroses. They are on a high during and after production ends, and then they have to go back to their own unmanufactured reality back home. 
In all seriousness, it sounds like a combination of things contributed to this loss. Low self-esteem, a slew of unsuccessful relationships, including her most recent one from the sound of things, and she's had to attend weddings of friends as of late of those that started their relationships after hers and turned into full commitment to the altar before she and Ryan even got engaged, and then throw in a possible chemical imbalance on top of that. It's just too sad. 

Gia was a such a bright light, and she will be missed. She seemed to have a kind heart. Her family and friends will continue to be in my thoughts these coming days.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:15 am

My heartfelt condolences go out to Gia's family and friends during this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

+135
Rosepetal
sdmom
loveactually9
Beach Lover
happygolucky