SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by Newto Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Suicide is sometimes the path of the deeply troubled and depressed. They cannot see their way out of the "hole." The further you get into the "hole" the harder it is to get out. Nobody knows what it is like until you have walked in those shoes.

It is obvious she either got no help, therapy or otherwise, or if she did the help was not working. It takes years to get a handle on this disease and deal with it, and disease is what it is. The brain chemicals are all messed up and the electrical impulses in the brain do not fire correctly.

Rest in peace, Gia. May you find in Heaven what you did not find in life.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by veg_out Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Gia's funeral will now be private per her publicist.

08/15/13  3:30 p.m. EST - UPDATE

Correction from previous information: It was announced that Ms. Allemand's funeral would be public. Since then, the family is currently planning a private service.
Full details will be posted once available.
Source: http://www.penelopejean.com/#!in-memory-of-gia-allemand/c224l.

There's a message board at the end of the press releases where people may leave condolences.

Ali gave an interview to E!News last night about Gia. The video heads off the article: link

Ali Fedotowsky lost a dear friend when Gia Allemand took her own life—a friend she had just seen last week.

"We had dinner and talked about life, and talked about what she wanted to do, the next steps of her life," Ali tells Giuliana Rancic on tonight's E! News, noting that her first week as an E! correspondent ended up being unforseeably difficult.

"It's hard to see that she wanted to cut [her life] short because she was talking about that she wanted to work with animals, that she really loved that, how she could take that volunteering work and make it a job, that she loved people and wanted to work with people," Ali recalled her conversation with Gia in New York, where they also both attended a Bachelor Nation viewing party.

"She was really, really a special person, and not everybody in the Bachelor family gets along," Ali continued, tearing up as she remembered the Bachelor and Bachelor Pad fan-favorite, "but Gia was one of those people that everyone really loved. It's really sad to think that she was in that much pain."

Ali said that she hopes the biggest lesson to take away from Gia's decision to take her own life at 29 is about how important it is to reach out when you or someone you know seems to be going through a particularly tough time.

"If she had said something to any one of us, we would have been there," she said.

Gia is said to have hanged herself at her New Orleans home on Monday night. She was found by her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, who called 911. Doctors took her off of life support yesterday after she suffered a critical loss of brain and organ function.

A funeral is going to be held toward the middle of next week in her native Queens, N.Y.
Ali said that they shared a lot of laughs at the viewing party last week, and that both of them were so excited when they found out they would be seeing each other in New York.

"Everyone there just really, really cared for her, and she really was one of those people that you just wanted to be around," Ali said.

"We had a dinner together, just her and I, just the two of us. "We talked for hours, just about life, and I know there were things she was going through, things that will always remain between me and her—but I didn't see it at all, not at all, and I just wish I had seen something."

"You can't help but play the conversation back in your head over and over and over and wish you could have done something," Ali said. "And knowing how hurt I am and how I feel, I just can't even imagine what she was going through, or her family...So I just hope we remember her for how wonderful she was."
Mother's statement today:
08/16/13  10:00 a.m. EST - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 16, 2013
(New York, NY – August 16, 2013) – “The family and close friends of Gia Allemand have not spoken to the media to date, nor have they posted comments or insight on Twitter. There are numerous statements and theories in the media regarding Gia’s death and her life that refer to sources close to Gia or friends of hers. As her mother, I am well aware of Gia’s close friends and her best friends and I am personally going on record to refute all statements to the media out there thus far with the exception of official statements we have released through publicist Penelope Jean Hayes, and those jointly with Ryan Anderson’s NBA team representation. Gia liked everyone and always found the good in people, however there were acquaintances that she had disassociated with whom are now speaking as her close friends. I don’t like to give further publicity by mentioning names here, however there is a particular individual* identifying herself as Gia’s best friend and the fact is that Gia expressed directly to me that she did not trust this individual and her motives for her own public exposure. After the funeral, I do intend to speak about my dear daughter’s life and death, and will do so in an open disclosure way with a trusted media source. Thank you for all those truly concerned and God bless.” – Donna Micheletti , mother of Gia Allemand

Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in another official statement once confirmed.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for posting Gia's mother's statement, veg.

It is shockingly sad that anyone would use Gia's passing for their own public exposure. I can't understand that. At all.

God bless Gia's mother. I am praying she will find solace and comfort as she lays her daughter to rest. Peace be with her.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 pm

alwaystulips wrote:Thank you so much for posting Gia's mother's statement, veg.

It is shockingly sad that anyone would use Gia's passing for their own public exposure.  I can't understand that.  At all.

God bless Gia's mother.  I am praying she will find solace and comfort as she lays her daughter to rest.  Peace be with her.
I can't imagine the pain and shock of a child's suicide. My heart and prayers are with Gia's family and closest friends.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 pm

The statement People has on their website names the person Gia's mom is referring to, I guess they edited it out of the official press release.

"Gia liked everyone and always found the good in people, however there were acquaintances that she had disassociated with whom are now speaking as her close friends. I don't like to give further publicity by mentioning names here, however there is a particular individual, Loredana Ferriolo, identifying herself as Gia's best friend and the fact is that Gia expressed directly to me that she did not trust this individual and her motives for her own public exposure.

"After the funeral, I do intend to speak about my dear daughter's life and death, and will do so in an open disclosure way with a trusted media source. Thank you for all those truly concerned and God bless."
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am

Just watched the video clip of Ali's E! interview and and I could not stop crying. I've been in Ali's position before and it's such an awful thing to have to bear. The guilt of "why didn't I notice something was wrong?" eats you alive.You know you shouldn't be thinking those thoughts but you just can't help it.

Keeping Gia's family and friends in my thoughts tonight.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:44 am

What did Gia do for a living or was she supported by her parents?

This is all very sad!

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Obituary for Gia:

08/17/13  3:30 p.m. EST - UPDATE ON ARRANGEMENTS
OBITUARY
Loving girlfriend "Petrie" of Ryan "Snuggy" Anderson, beloved daughter and little princess of Donna Micheletti and stepdaughter of Tony Micheletti, loving sister of Dylan and Erick, most cherished granddaughter of Marie (Nonna) Coltrinari, devoted Godchild of Fred and Annemarie Coltrinari, dear cousin of Brian, Ellen, Kevin and Julie, and also survived by her dear dog Bentley.

PUBLIC VISITATION
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
2-5 & 7-9 PM
Papavero Funeral Home
72-27 Grand Avenue
Maspeth, NY 11378

MORE INFORMATION TO COME ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE FUNERAL SERVICES SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 21ST. TIMES AND LOCATION PENDING.

TO SEND FLOWERS DIRECTLY TO THE FUNERAL HOME:
Request Wednesday, August 21st arrival, prior to 1:00 p.m.
Deliver to Papavero Funeral Home (address as above)
Or via FDT at this link: http://www.ftd.com/24339/catalog/category.epl?index_id=occasion_sympathybvfriendsandfamily&external=1
Source: http://www.penelopejean.com/#!in-memory-of-gia-allemand/c224l
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:33 pm

AmberTrails wrote:What did Gia do for a living or was she supported by her parents?

This is all very sad!
i believe she was a Pure Barre instructor in New Orleans, where she was staying with her BF who played for Hornets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 pm

so just watched her HTD date., Gia did say that her mom is her best friend. Its so heartbreaking for me to think that she couldnt share her complex problems with her mom. Its so sad. really :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 am

Apparently she lived with Ryan and he was gone for only an hour and came back and found her. Sometimes, when you grow up without a father, your love needs from a man are so huge that they can't fulfill them. Perhaps that was her case and in a moment of despair she ended it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am

Ali`s last moment with Gia :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

+135
Rosepetal
sdmom
loveactually9
Beach Lover
happygolucky