SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 20 of 81 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:53 pm

I remember those days KB. After all the food is eaten, there is suddenly "Nothing to eat" No kidding!

I have to admit, now that they are in their early 30's, it is really nice that a small group of my son's friends have remained close since Junior Kindergarten. There are plenty of stories to tell all the time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:07 pm

KB_Mom wrote:NJ is supposed to get 18 to 24 inches of snow, starting Monday night thru Wednesday morning, with blizzard conditions. hissyfit

Never liked winter that much, but the older I get, the more I hate it.  no

Ready to move south!

GuardianAngel wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:NJ is supposed to get 18 to 24 inches of snow, starting Monday night thru Wednesday morning, with blizzard conditions. hissyfit

Never liked winter that much, but the older I get, the more I hate it.  no

Ready to move south!

I've been watching that storm, only to make sure we won't get it! I'm there right with you, I hate it.

Come on down and join us. I will be like MM, no need to cut the cord, come be one of us instead. cantstopl

KB_Mom wrote:Did the Shop Rite run too.  Just went five days ago and filled two carts but with an 18 and 20 year old and all their friends, the food disappears fast. Some of their friends are here so much, I ask my kids if their friends are homeless.

Are they also thin because of the amazing metabolism? Youth is so wasted on the young. You sound like a really awesome mom KB!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Stuck- my daughter is truly a genetic wonder- if only there was a way to bottle and sell her metabolism, I'd be rich! She's a healthy eater-likes fruits and veggies, salads, but she can eat a full meal and an hour later be hungry and eat a huge (meal size) "snack."

And this is the same child I literally cried at the pediatrician's office at her 4 month visit because I was worried she wasn't gaining enough weight and I thought my breast milk wasn't "good enough."

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:38 pm

KB_Mom wrote:Stuck- my daughter is truly a genetic wonder- if only there was a way to bottle and sell her metabolism, I'd be rich! She's a healthy eater-likes fruits and veggies, salads, but she can eat a full meal and an hour later be hungry and eat a huge (meal size) "snack."

And this is the same child I literally cried at the pediatrician's office at her 4 month visit because I was worried she wasn't gaining enough weight and I thought my breast milk wasn't "good enough."  

Your daughter sounds like one of those people I want to be able to hate, but she is probably nice and kind too. My female bff from undergrad was like that. I used to ask her to please do something wrong to allow me to make fun of her at least a little bit. giggling
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:Stuck- my daughter is truly a genetic wonder- if only there was a way to bottle and sell her metabolism, I'd be rich! She's a healthy eater-likes fruits and veggies, salads, but she can eat a full meal and an hour later be hungry and eat a huge (meal size) "snack."

Your daughter sounds like one of those people I want to be able to hate, but she is probably nice and kind too.  My female bff from undergrad was like that.  I used to ask her to please do something wrong to allow me to make fun of her at least a little bit. giggling

She is blessed with physical beauty and a killer figure (doesn't work out at all). I kid her that if she wasn't my daughter, I'd be so jealous, I'd hate her. giggling
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:55 am

I had a great metabolism when I was young also. I used to have milkshakes & buttered popcorn for after school snacks to try to gain weight. Unfortunately it backfired & went away in my 30's.  sad

She sounds adorable, KB_Mom.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 am

Agreed daughter KB sounds adorable.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Stay safe East Coasters. Just stay home is what I say. We are suppose to get a dumping as well starting later today. Click the link for the full story and a vid.

CNN‏@CNN·12 mins12 minutes ago
A monster storm is on its way. Here's what you can expect across the Northeast http://cnn.it/1xYFX3u  #blizzardof2015

CNN)—The first major snowstorm of 2015 is expected to hit the Northeastern United States on Monday and Tuesday.

The National Weather Service describes the storm as a "crippling and potentially historic blizzard" that could bring up to 3 feet of snow, heavy winds, widespread power outages and epic travel difficulties.

Government officials across the Northeast are urging residents to take heed of the weather warnings and prepare for the storm.

Here's what's expected across the region.

http://cnn.it/1xYFX3u

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 20 B8SZGoiIAAAeGI5

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry for the double post. I may not like their hockey team, but I love the people of Bawston!!!!

Breaking News Feed ‏@PzFeed  9m9 minutes ago
. @DustinGFitch shared this pic while on patrol in Boston -
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 20 B8SWAWDIcAAwZ-w

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Apologies, triple post!

Const David Wynn was an RCMP officer shot to death on a routine license check. Incredible footage of his funeral.

Globalnews.ca ‏@globalnews  14m14 minutes ago
Thousands of RCMP and police march to honour Const. David Wynn -

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:52 pm

GA - Very impressive turnout. But so very sad; the murder of police officers has turned into an epidemic. What does this say about society in general?
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:GA - Very impressive turnout.  But so very sad; the murder of police officers has turned into an epidemic.  What does this say about society in general?
People such as myself are better off keeping my thoughts to myself.  no no
It's not good. I was so glad when I went to work this weekend and found out the patient that punched me was no longer there.  Too much violence all around.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 81 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny