SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 58 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:51 pm

@smartcat Glad to hear that all came out on the better end for you and that you are now dry and power is back on. Give Sadie a treat from me!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by ddsmom17 Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Welcomeback @smartcat! So happy to hear you are safe and with power.

@Aunties_love hope you are doing well.

We've had our share of fallout from the Canadian & PNW fires. Lots of haze, ash and red sun/moon.

Climate is definitely changing!
ddsmom17
ddsmom17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 am

@smartcat So glad to hear you are safe. I can't even imagine what you went through.

Here is hoping that @Aunties_love and her ordeal come to a safe end as well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 am

@smartcat thanks for keeping us updating. I'm very glad you're safe. I can't imagine what it was like to ride it out.

There has been so much destruction and continued destruction with the fires, it's heartbreaking. It's going to take a long time to rebuild in all the affected areas. Prayers to all that they find the strength to get through it.

Very proud of these folks in my area helping out.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 1297990235935_ORIGINAL

While hydro workers from across Ontario are on their way to Florida to help restore electricity to million of people left in the dark in the wake of hurricane Irma, Niagara paramedics are on their way into the Caribbean to help hurricane victims there.

A convoy of more than 80 Hydro One vehicles, including 52 bucket trucks and 30 other vehicles rolled through Niagara Monday afternoon, crossing the Peace Bridge on their way to Florida with about 175 utility workers on board, to offer assistance
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/09/11/niagara-stepping-up

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 pm

@smartcat so glad to read you are doing ok and safe!!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Thanks so very much everyone. I'm glad to be back here with all of you. Many, many people don't have power yet and it's blazing hot. I'm so sorry people are suffering. I'm praying that services are restored really soon to those without.
I was blessed that although it was terrifying I suffered no lasting home damage and 
Sadie and I are safe.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Hurricane season is not over yet. Hurricane Maria is causing havoc along the way.

It's so heartbreaking to see the damage and people loosing what little they have. I hope all can get to safety although some areas have been hit hard already.

Continued thoughts and prayers for all those affected by hurricanes and forest fires. It's all so very sad.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Watching Hurricane Maria is like a bad dream. Praying for the people  Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Terrible earthquake in Mexico city. So sad and so many hurt and killed. It feels like the whole world is angry right now.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I just need to pray for the whole world it seems. Devastating day today between hurricanes earthquakes and fires.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 pm

@GuardianAngel  Prayers for the whole world. Prayers are good thing. This is the eve of Rosh Hashanah--the jewish new year.  Happy and healthy new year to those that celebrate. And for those that don't, it can't hurt, right? For all.
Peace to us all. Peace.
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 Shana-Tova40

source

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Happy holidays to all that celebrate! @Kashathediva IA sending positive good wishes is always welcomed IMHO!

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 58 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbW3TANn_Sh7Lw5sPp9imYR645Fmo7SdriVyRtkwaChGWjYrrt

Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 am

@smartcat so glad that you have come through the hurricane. Thanks for your well wishes as well as everyone else's.

For the first time since the 2nd week in June, we are finally out of a province wide state of emergency. A lot of the fires have backed off and some aren't threatening anymore, yet there are so many that are still displaced with the fire.

In the final week we found out that one more family has lost their homes to make a grand total of 4 families of my relatives that have lost their homes. Two of them lost everything without having a chance to gather any belongings or memorbilia. The other two were lucky enough to be able to get that. The rest of our family are pitching in and supplying a place to stay and other things to get these families back on track.

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes....means so much.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny