SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 80 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:02 pm

@Sprite Congratulations!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 80 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by sdmom Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:18 pm

@Norcalgal what makes me really sad is wearing a mask becomes such a political issue here. I am from Taiwan so it’s no brainer for me to wear one. Such a simple, easy thing and I don’t understand why such resistances!
All Jmo.

Well, I hope anti maskers are a just small, however vocal, minority. My heat goes out to all medical staff, first responders, essential workers. CA was doing relatively well until last month.

Stay healthy everyone.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:41 pm

@Sprite we are not in Niagara. sad and no info as to why not. We are doing amazing! I'm so proud of my community. One or two cases and some days no cases. Number of hospitalized in the last seven days 0. Total infected 786, 698 resolved and sadly 63 deaths. 80% of those deaths are in nursing homes. We were down to zero outbreaks (if there's one case, that's an outbreak) but now we have two nursing homes, so I think that's why we didn't move to stage 3.

I don't see too many without masks, I always wear one, and if you're not, don't get anywhere near me. I really don't care what anyone thinks. I have tons of sanitizer in car, and wash my hands a million times a day. My mother has lost 3 friends to this, and  the demographics have been getting younger. 20-39 age group has taken over the over 70 and there were more in the less than 20 yr age group.  

@sdmom it really is that simple. Along with proper hand washing and keeping your distance. If someone doesn't like masks, there are other options. We've been at this for four months, some of our provinces have no cases for a few weeks. Sadly our border closing has been extended to August 20th. Canadians have generally speaking did what they were told and we don't want to jeopardize that from tourists crossing that border who perhaps don't take it as seriously.

Sprite Enjoy your first day of stage 3!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Thank you. My birthday is next week and I can actually go out to a restaurant!

We are allowed to gather 100 outside and 50 inside. We can now eat inside restaurants and go to the gym. All as long as social distancing is maintained. London just mandated masks in all indoor public places. We have had one new case and no deaths since early June. I will be utilizing the patios if I go to restaurants, but I will be holding out on going back to the gym. I will continue to use all precautions as I have been and still avoiding most stuff and wait and see how things go. Fingers crossed. We did well with stage 2, but there are always those who won't listen and ruin things for everyone else.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:16 am

Numbers are not good here in Texas but I will say that people around here are wearing masks now that the Governor ordered a mask mandate. Now the big question is school. Some of the school districts around here are starting school in mid August like usual but are doing it at home for at least the first 3 weeks. Others are asking parents to choose.

We're back to 50% in restaurants but bars are closed. We're not doing any indoor dining in the foreseeable future and I'm rethinking getting my haircut again (did it last month). Both are ranked high in the risk list.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:37 am

My county has mask mandate, but when I walk in my neighborhood, most people do not even carry masks ! I know it’s probably safer outdoors, but the mandate is wearing masks when you are within 6 feet with non household members, even outdoors. I get it, people don’t want to wear masks when outside, but when you see people walking towards you, please have masks handy!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:54 am

@sdmom I don't bring a mask to walk in my neighborhood but I move to the street (or cross it) when someone's coming. My husband cycles and says the walking/riding paths can be really busy so I'd bring a mask if I walked there. It's too hot to walk right now unless you go our early or really late.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am

My brother has been working in Taiwan for the last year and unfortunately he has not been able to come home due to all the quarantine requirements here in Canada and there, but they have pretty much carried on without having shutdowns. He keeps sending me pictures of him golfing, going to the dragon festival, out to restaurants and travelling around the country. I was so jealous. I was going to visit him this spring, but then all this happened.

Taiwan was much better prepared and they started all the precautions much earlier than in Europe and North America, thus allowing them to continue going about their business without too much disruptions.

I talked to my parents this morning and they live in Oakville which is about an hour and a half from London, half an hour from Toronto. They are still in stage 2 like Toronto. They are both more vulnerable so take great precautions, but are nervous with things opening up. I have noticed that while most people are following the recommendations, some are getting more slack about things. I'm taking a wait and see approach. With things reopening I am expecting another spike so continue to be super vigilant for the next month or so.

Stay safe everyone.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:20 pm

We went to a private party last night - a drive-in movie! The hosts handed us a bucket of fun items when we drove up. We parked our car, got out and ate our take-out dinner from the back of the SUV. Then put our masks on and went and mingled. Such a fun idea. I was ready for something different than watching tv!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:57 pm

I have a mask on me all the time. One in my purse and one in the car, a stash at home. This is the new normal for me, and I will never stop until COVID is gone. It's not an inconvenience when you get used to it, but most importantly for me, I dont' want the germs, I don't want COVID so I will do everything I can to prevent it.

80 infants in Texas have been infected. What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 80 3552228123 to those babies and all those who are sick and struggling to breathe.

@Sprite I too will take a wait and see approach because I know some are relaxing their preventative measures. Two house parties over Canada Day weekend, going into Stage 3 at that time, in Vancouver 8 people tested positive, that number has now grown to 35 and they are expecting more. Those 8 people went home or went about their daily lives infecting other's without them knowing. That's how serious this is. I'm glad contact tracing was implemented early on and I think that helps tremendously in stopping the spread.

“Unfortunately, the incubation period is 14 days,” said Henry. “We’ve had the first group of cases that we found last week, and then we found the people they were in contact with, so that’s the second generation.

“Those people are now starting to get sick. On average, people start to get sick after exposure about Day 5 to Day 7. So we’re now in the third generation of the people they had contact with.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7191004/kelowna-coronavirus-outbreak-concerning/

@sdmom IA don't come near me if you don't have some sort of face covering, and stay 6 feet away.

@Norcalgal what a fun idea!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:57 pm

@Sprite Happy Birthday! Mine was last week and my neighbors surprised me with balloons, Starbucks and cards and a surprisingly good rendition of Happy Birthday! There were 8 of us and we were able to socially distance across two front yards. Necessity is the Mother of invention I suppose. I hope yours is lovely with a great meal with lots of love.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:38 pm

@Sprite happy birthday!

I haven’t been to a restaurant since 2/17. Haven’t gone to a retail store or a haircut for almost 5 months, haven’t been to a grocery store for almost 2 months (online shopping and my hubby goes to Costco like one a month). Just started ordering take outs a month ago, but I transport the food to my own plates and always reheat. The only times I step out of my house is walking in the neighborhood, with my mask on all the time.

Today I had to go out. I went to get my blood drawn. Never been so close to a non household member in 4 months so I was nervous. I had mask and gloves, only carried a few items in my pocket, including my own pen. I also wore a light jacket, zipped all the way up. As soon as I finished, I took off my jacket.  The technician wore two masks, a face shield and some sort of protective gear. I just felt so sad. This is new normal.

Then I went to distribute  masks to some friends. We all wore masks, at least six feet away from each other, shouting at each other. I hate that we have to treat each other like carriers, can’t hug can’t touch.

But on the positive side, I follow some YouTube fitness channels and haven’t miss a day of exercise for two months. Learned to cut my hubby’s hair. Learned to make new dishes. Have my younger son at home until at least next January is a big blessing too!

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny